Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain’t no plays happening with your QB laying on his back sucking wind staring at the back of his helmet.
Truth. I want to solidify the OL first and foremost. Then WR and CB. We need upgrades at those positions so badly as we all know, but the lines have to be the backbone on D and O.

Truth. I want to solidify the OL first and foremost. Then WR and CB. We need upgrades at those positions so badly as we all know, but the lines have to be the backbone on D and O.

I don’t disagree. I want a high end offensive line too, but I don't think this regime sees it that way. Or they at least would rather have a top WR talent than a top OL talent. It's hard to get a Top 10 WR, and the offense potential is enormous if you land one. O Line may not be elite, but they can make it good enough.

We need to go Alt at #7 no matter what. Wouldn't be mad at Nabors but just watching how bad we were at LT last season, it's vital to upgrade that position at 7.

Shoring up LT needs to be the #1 priority with at least an average to slightly above average C as the #2 priority. Both of those positions absolutely crippled the offense last season. I feel like the Titans can sign some viable solutions at C and WR in FA, there isn't any cornerstone LT that is going to hit the market.

While Alt is my number 1 choice I do not believe he will be there at pick 7. I think that we'll have a choice between Odunze and Fashanu, and I personally expect Rome Odunze.

With that in mind I do not want the Titans to invest in one of the top WR options, assuming that DHop stays. I think Curtis Samuel would be a great fit as he gives us a speed threat we currently do not have, offers inside/outside versatility, and great YAC ability.

Dhop/Odunze/Samuel/Burks/Phillips/Dowell is a great WR room.

Ol should be addressed with two FA signings (one of the top OCs, and Jermaine Eluemandor from the Raiders) and best OL available in round 2 and 4.

I heard someone on the 104.5 this week make a really good point. They said, The Titans have had great offensive lines in the past, and have been solid at LT since coming to Tennessee, until the last two years after Lewan went down (Hopkins > Roos > Lewan). But where has that gotten them? Their argument was, it's time to take another approach outside of focusing so much on the OL.

Also, HCBC said something that made a lot of sense as well, "If you have WRs that can get open quickly, you can throw it quickly." In other words, if you have great WRs, you don't have to protect as long.

We all saw how awful the OL was last year and it's natural to want to fix the issue that held us back the most. But I would love to see the Titans take another approach. Maybe we don't have to have a 1st round pick at a majority of the OL positions. Maybe, with our new OL coach, he can coach up some guys we have, and a free agent or two, then we can focus on adding offensive weapons that open up the quick passing game, which would end up helping the pass protection but in a different way.

I heard someone on the 104.5 this week make a really good point. They said, The Titans have had great offensive lines in the past, and have been solid at LT since coming to Tennessee, until the last two years after Lewan went down (Hopkins > Roos > Lewan). But where has that gotten them? Their argument was, it's time to take another approach outside of focusing so much on the OL.

Also, HCBC said something that made a lot of sense as well, "If you have WRs that can get open quickly, you can throw it quickly." In other words, if you have great WRs, you don't have to protect as long.

We all saw how awful the OL was last year and it's natural to want to fix the issue that held us back the most. But I would love to see the Titans take another approach. Maybe we don't have to have a 1st round pick at a majority of the OL positions. Maybe, with our new OL coach, he can coach up some guys we have, and a free agent or two, then we can focus on adding offensive weapons that open up the quick passing game, which would end up helping the pass protection but in a different way.
That’s not a valid point at all.
Their OL success has had them SB contenders on multiple seasons 99’, 00’, 2002, 2008, 2019, 2021 at least.
If that’s a suggestion that because a different also SB caliber team won, that OL isn’t necessary to improve, I’d suggest that they find the teams that did win a SB, conference Championship, or even make it to the final four, with a weak OL.

now if the strategy turns into all weapons, all the time, just piece some s**t together on the line, so be it.

My opinion on that matter is, let’s get the new HC search going now, 2026/7 will be the hiring process.
Plus, prayers for Levis. He’s definitely going to need them.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I want a great OL AND great WRs

That’s not a valid point at all.
Their OL success has had them SB contenders on multiple seasons 99’, 00’, 2002, 2008, 2019, 2021 at least.
If that’s a suggestion that because a different also SB caliber team won, that OL isn’t necessary to improve, I’d suggest that they find the teams that did win a SB, conference Championship, or even make it to the final four, with a weak OL.

now if the strategy turns into all weapons, all the time, just piece some s**t together on the line, so be it.

My opinion on that matter is, let’s get the new HC search going now, 2026/7 will be the hiring process.
Plus, prayers for Levis. He’s definitely going to need them.
Don’t disagree with your point, but the Bengals made it to the Super Bowl with a weak oline…

Don’t disagree with your point, but the Bengals made it to the Super Bowl with a weak oline…
Certainly not great and I’d be curious how far the titans need to go just to reach as “good” as they were.
I saw a preseason that had them ranked at 30.
these 2 articles, 1 mid season (Oct 31)had them at #13 and the other after the season was over at #20.
I also believe they’re are certainly an outlier.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-in-the-nfl-ranked-for-2021/

Final 2021 NFL Offensive Line Rankings | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

While Alt is my number 1 choice I do not believe he will be there at pick 7. I think that we'll have a choice between Odunze and Fashanu, and I personally expect Rome Odunze.

With that in mind I do not want the Titans to invest in one of the top WR options, assuming that DHop stays. I think Curtis Samuel would be a great fit as he gives us a speed threat we currently do not have, offers inside/outside versatility, and great YAC ability.

Dhop/Odunze/Samuel/Burks/Phillips/Dowell is a great WR room.

Ol should be addressed with two FA signings (one of the top OCs, and Jermaine Eluemandor from the Raiders) and best OL available in round 2 and 4.

Did anyone else see this?
Rome Odunze put on a show at NFL combine, then did something rarely ever seen

Yeah there’s a lot to like about that work ethic and his combine performance. Heard he did really well in the interviews too and the media.

I would definitely be happy if we drafted him. Seems like a blue chip prospect
I was talking about this today with my dad. Would really be intrigued if they signed Mike Evans in FA and then drafted Odunze at 7. You then have Hopkins, Evans, and Odunze which then makes someone in single coverage most of the time.

*Assuming they have addressed the line with at least one other player in FA and then draft some other OL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back