Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
works that way when player wants off of current team

Titans tagging Fat Albert 2 years in a row just proved haynesworth wanted out. then he signed a $100m contract with Redskins like the minute FA started and zero tampering charges for Redskins
I'd like to see the tags done away with...all players will hit FA at some point, and most of the time they will want to test the market, after X # of years without an extension imo that's their right. If the team wants them, then present an offer before or at FA. Some players want security and a deal with the team they're with.
The tag just keeps a player that potentially doesn't want to be there.

I'd like to see the tags done away with...all players will hit FA at some point, and most of the time they will want to test the market, after X # of years without an extension imo that's their right. If the team wants them, then present an offer before or at FA. Some players want security and a deal with the team they're with.
The tag just keeps a player that potentially doesn't want to be there.

If I'm Dallas I let Dak hit free agency and see if anyone else is dumb enough to give him the $60m/yr he's asking for. Tag him or let him see what the market really thinks of him. Dak is kinda like the Vrabel of players. Totally overvalues himself. That is exactly what the tag is for.

Give me Ridley at this point. Most upside of anyone left. I like Evans as well but he and Hopkins are too alike. I feel like the offense needs some speed.

Speed would be good. Never bad to have it. Also nothing wrong with having two quality receivers similar in skills. A rocket would be awesome though. DC worrying about the lid being taken off is a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me Ridley at this point. Most upside of anyone left. I like Evans as well but he and Hopkins are too alike. I feel like the offense needs some speed.
Yeah he has been my choice all a long but it seems many people don't like him. Maybe he has some locker room issues or something that I havent bothered looking up.

I don't care who we get because Hopkins not likely to stick. Anyone who will give some production over the long term. Draft the WR next year. Draft all OL this year and solve the problem.

Sign top tier center, RT, and CB in FA and 2nd tier WR.... 1st rnd pick on LT, 2nd rnder on WR... solidify the OL... use depth of WRs in the draft to get a solid player in the 2nd.

Sign top tier center, RT, and CB in FA and 2nd tier WR.... 1st rnd pick on LT, 2nd rnder on WR... solidify the OL... use depth of WRs in the draft to get a solid player in the 2nd.
Agree with any combination of that in FA. I’d like Curtis Samuel speedy and I think getting him out of Worshington will be good for him. Getting a solid C should do wonders for Will. Ran is in a position to really hit a home run in FA and the draft so let’s see what’s he’s made of. Plenty of cash and top 7 pick, work that magic!

Agree with any combination of that in FA. I’d like Curtis Samuel speedy and I think getting him out of Worshington will be good for him. Getting a solid C should do wonders for Will. Ran is in a position to really hit a home run in FA and the draft so let’s see what’s he’s made of. Plenty of cash and top 7 pick, work that magic!
Really hoping we can bring in a quality pro at C position, and hopefully another receiver during FA. Leaves more wiggle room for our draft. LT is the pick, but if the board is yoked at 7 for T, a sound receiver will be sitting there for us. I wouldn’t be mad, but i think our future T will be there when we pick. CB/ILB/DB go FA or draft depending on what happens. Then there is Henry. Keeping that man is a pipe dream, but if we can, things are much easier. If we can’t, then we have to find a back that can handle a load. Kickstand is dangerous, but not a work horse. Henry simply can’t be replaced honestly. Regardless, this will be an exciting offseason for Tits fans. The Tits of old are gonna be a memory with the plodding O, replaced with something many here have been asking for. I personally prefer the grinding power game and i know i am in the minority. Mr. Jeans needs protection, hope they give it to him. Watching two years of putrid OL play was incredibly frustrating. So bad that fixing it entirely this year is asking a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
90 million in cap space before any other cuts. Gotta figure Dillard will get cut.

We need to pursue 2 starting caliber OL. One of them needs to be C with Cushenberry topping the list.

2nd need is at DB. Sneed is out of the question now that he has been tagged. Jaylon Johnson seems likely to sign an extension in Chicago. That leaves the CB market pretty barren. Gilmore on a short deal would be ideal. Winfield if he isn't tagged, would be my No. 2 priority in FA behind Cushenberry. Game changing safety.

Get a starting C to replace Brewer and then add add a T in FA before the draft. Add WR Samuel. Then for real draft BPA even if it’s a luxury pick like LB or DB.

I really think we are about to see this team aquire offensive weapons like we have wanted for years.... I hope it's not a case of careful what you wish for....

I think the FA market for WRs is gonna be a little chillier than many are expecting. Kinda like last year where a deep group of receivers in the draft left the vets like Myers and Juju getting way less in free agency than people predicted. This year the draft crop is even BIGGER with upward of 20 prospects that have WR1 or WR2 potential. Teams will be hesitant to spend big money on tier 2 and 3 veteran WR. That could be good for us to fill out some holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back