Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
the case for drafting WR in the first continues to grow.... cant rely on ever getting a legit WR in FA

also f jrob for trading ajb

I was talking about this today with my dad. Would really be intrigued if they signed Mike Evans in FA and then drafted Odunze at 7. You then have Hopkins, Evans, and Odunze which then makes someone in single coverage most of the time.

*Assuming they have addressed the line with at least one other player in FA and then draft some other OL players.
Is he a Callahan?

Sounds like Darnell Mooney or Hollywood Brown are our two best options in free agency. And we'd have to convince one of them to sign with us with a likely overpay.

We really need to address our other holes in free agency and hope Hopkins, 1st or 2nd round WR, Burks, and cheap veteran is serviceable next year.

I know the FA market for WRs is now barren, but I still don't think Mooney or Brown gets a huge contract. I don't think teams are that desperate, particularly with a loaded draft class.

I know the FA market for WRs is now barren, but I still don't think Mooney or Brown gets a huge contract. I don't think teams are that desperate, particularly with a loaded draft class.

Let's hope not. The last thing we need is to give $15 mil per year to average WR'S like Mooney or Brown. Let some other team do it.

The agenda this draft for a lot of teams will be trying to find another Puka.

Evans got 2/52. Ridley is a year or so young, but he's not been near as productive. I think Ridley gets something like 3/50, with only half guaranteed.

Brown won't be signing anything but a 1 year prove it deal. The Ravens really ripped off the Cardinals there.

Mooney might not get anything more than a 1 year deal either.

Evans got 2/52. Ridley is a year or so young, but he's not been near as productive. I think Ridley gets something like 3/50, with only half guaranteed.
the only #1 receiver available in FA only getting 16.6m per season? i think its gonna be a lot more than you think.

the case for drafting WR in the first continues to grow.... cant rely on ever getting a legit WR in FA

also f jrob for trading ajb
AJ sure does cause a lot of drama, I’ll admit it was a bad trade, but AJ wouldn’t have been happy in Tennessee he wouldbe been a cancer in the locker room.

the only #1 receiver available in FA only getting 16.6m per season? i think its gonna be a lot more than you think.

I agree that I think Ridley and Pittman if he hits the market will both get large deals in the 22mil range... but if you go off of last yr none of the FA guys signed big long term deals...in fact Lazard signed 4 yr deal for 44mil and Meyer signed a 3 yr 33mil deal...the Hopkins deal of 2yr 26mil was the 2nd highest AAV behind the 15mil 1 yr deal by Beckham... just a ton of 1yr deals for under 6mil a yr

I still think Hopkins is the #1. getting a WR to complement him would be ideal. A long term player would obviously be better than looking for 2 WR in just a couple years as I would expect Hopkins to start slowing down.

He's 29 and isn't a true No. 1. Again, this is a pretty amazing WR draft class. I think teams are gonna be focus on the draft for their WR needs.

PFF had him projected for 2 years at 32.5 fwiw. I'm just predicting that he gets 3 years instead of 2.

Next yrs FA WRs is a stacked class and will certainly reset the market...I'm expecting most to get deals done before FA

Chase, Lamb, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Devonta Smith, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Amari Cooper, Godwin, Waddle, Jeudy, Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back