Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that I think Ridley and Pittman if he hits the market will both get large deals in the 22mil range... but if you go off of last yr none of the FA guys signed big long term deals...in fact Lazard signed 4 yr deal for 44mil and Meyer signed a 3 yr 33mil deal...the Hopkins deal of 2yr 26mil was the 2nd highest AAV behind the 15mil 1 yr deal by Beckham... just a ton of 1yr deals for under 6mil a yr
ridley is way better than those guys other than hop, and hop was just devalued because of injury and age

Ridley is a year younger than D-Hop was last year. His market was more down due to the fact that that he wasn't released until after the draft and most of the top teams didn't have the cap room to bring him in.

I still don't think Ridley gets all that much after missing nearly 2 of the last 3 years and is 29. But I have been wrong before.

If Mooney and Ridley had good relationships with their coaches then it has to help us in trying to recruit them, but we will have to "overpay" for either of them. Both have had 1000 yds years in their young careers.... Mooneys numbers have gone done by half but so have his targets over the last 2 yrs.

Next yrs FA WRs is a stacked class and will certainly reset the market...I'm expecting most to get deals done before FA

Chase, Lamb, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Devonta Smith, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Amari Cooper, Godwin, Waddle, Jeudy, Hopkins
I could definitely see Allen, Williams, Cooper, Jeudy and even Jefferson and Aiyuk switching teams in the next month. There is a LOT at play with WR’s right now.

I could definitely see Allen, Williams, Cooper, Jeudy and even Jefferson and Aiyuk switching teams in the next month. There is a LOT at play with WR’s right now.

I just can't see a team giving up the draft capital to get Jefferson and then having to pay him $25 to $30 million per year. Sad state of affairs when it comes to WR'S these days as they're constantly requiring the Brinks or U-Haul truck.

I just can't see a team giving up the draft capital to get Jefferson and then having to pay him $25 to $30 million per year. Sad state of affairs when it comes to WR'S these days as they're constantly requiring the Brinks or U-Haul truck.

Raiders and Dolphins did it. Jetta is right up in consideration for best in the league. I think multiple teams with a pick in the 20-32 range would easily match the Hill trade for Jetta. And I think the Texans are one of those teams unfortunately.

You can’t say “next year’s wr FA is stacked” because most of those guys won’t actually hit the market. It happens every year in FA. You can’t count on anyone actually making it to market. Do what you have to do now with draft and FA because next year may be rubbish.

Dionte Johnson being offered in a trade. Now THAT is someone I’d be interested in.
His 2023 season wasn't great, he did have 5 TDs compared to 0 the year before though. He's only 27 and wouldn't have to be the #1 here..after the Jeudy trade what would the trade compensation be?

He had lousy QB play in 2023 but hes been consistently great or at least very good. ESPN is saying maybe a 3rd or a 4th. They said the same thing about Jeudy though. I had a feeling with this super deep WR draft class, the FA and trade market for vet WR’s would be weak.
Courtland Sutton may be an option as well

Courtland Sutton may be an option as well

Should be our only option. Sutton is an absolute beast. We seriously need to make a run at him.

Broncos are having a fire sale right now.

Ran needs to be on the phone with the Broncos. Watch how a team gets Sutton for a 6th round pick, while we sit on our thumbs.

Should be our only option. Sutton is an absolute beast. We seriously need to make a run at him.

Broncos are having a fire sale right now.

Ran needs to be on the phone with the Broncos. Watch how a team gets Sutton for a 6th round pick, while we sit on our thumbs.
I'm not sure I'd call him a beast, he's only reached 1000 yards once, career high 10 TDs last season though. I can see a team giving up a 5th or 6th for him.
It's the old Titans way to sit on our thumbs but maybe that changes with Callahan valuing WRs?

I'm not sure I'd call him a beast, he's only reached 1000 yards once, career high 10 TDs last season though. I can see a team giving up a 5th or 6th for him.
It's the old Titans way to sit on our thumbs but maybe that changes with Callahan valuing WRs?

Yeah used the word beast liberally. I meant in size. I think he could easily be had and I hope we make a play at him.

Yeah used the word beast liberally. I meant in size. I think he could easily be had and I hope we make a play at him.
I hope we make significant moves on the OL, WR and we re-sign Henry, probably a longshot but I hope he retires a Titan.

I'd like us to look at Curtis Samuel or Calvin Ridley as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back