Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way in hell Johnson nets a 3rd round pick.
I think the point is more that ARZ has the draft capital to trade whatever for him and not really miss the pick.
And I tend to agree that trading for Johnson after letting Brown walk does not exclude a MHJ selection.
This is even more likely considering, as mentioned, Johnson’s health and attitude previously AND that some suggest teams take MHJ regardless of their WR situation because he’s projected to be that good.

That actually is just about right per the trade value charts... #7 pick worth 1500.... Cards picks are worth 1490
Usually you get more than the trade value chart... especially involving a top 10 pick...trades like this in the past would include a first from the next year
Seems like a terrible deal for us

I dunno, adding two more top 70 picks would be sweet.
View attachment 21624

Quality over quantity. Hell you could package together about 7 3rd round picks to technically equal our 7th overall pick in trade value. But in the real world, that's terrible value and no team would realistically accept such a package.

This is just a terrible trade us in terms of actual trade value. Even looking at your perspective. QB, T and WR are the main areas of depth for this class and as such, the 1st 2 rounds will be filled with each of these 3 positions. By the time our 1st pick in the 3rd round rolls around, we will likely be picking at best, the 12th rated WR or the 10th best OT. That simply isn't worth giving up a top 10 pick for.

If you are moving that far down in the 1st round, an extra first rounder has got to be involved. Hell, for that far of a move, I would expect 2 1's, a 2nd, and a 2025 mid rounder.

Duverney to Jags 2yr/12.5mil.... Ridley certainly is not returning.

Gabe Davis and Duverney are 2 big play threats, but have been very inconsistent throughout their careers.

Imagine we have to trade for Higgins and pay Higgins because the guy we drafted to replace brown sucked because we didn't want to pay brown. LOOOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back