Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheezy be lonely
Last few years that Tits tent been Trump Plaza! Maybe BiG C can turn that tent into skid row. Just low rate troonies and excised peckers caught up in Hotel California singing there’s a hole in daddy’s arm where all the money goes…just outside the stadium.

I'm giving a 2nd for Higgins. Bungals have made this play for compensation. Is wr1 material plus with dhop and burks in the mix wr room is set.

Tennesse native, and gonna be getting non exclusive tag. 2nd is the market let's bring the boy home. We've wasted 2 1st rounders on wrs in 10ish years neither has lived up to it. Let's sort this position out

I'm giving a 2nd for Higgins. Bungals have made this play for compensation. Is wr1 material plus with dhop and burks in the mix wr room is set.

Tennesse native, and gonna be getting non exclusive tag. 2nd is the market let's bring the boy home. We've wasted 2 1st rounders on wrs in 10ish years neither has lived up to it. Let's sort this position out
But DrAfT CaPiTaL!!!

plus, Burks And set WR room do not go together.

I dont know if a team would be willing to eat half of a franchise tag contract for a 2nd rounder. They would eat essentially 15mil (depending on how much the tag is) on the bonus.

I nominate wheezy as the best titans wr nickname in Tennessee history.
Been planning on starting my first thread just about this… yes, Wheezy (aka The Inhaler) is pretty damn good imo. However, just this season, Wheezy goes up against Kickstand… lol. There was Whiffin (aka La Vagician), Lenwhale, Panda, Tammy, Mary, KFC (Kerry Fucking Collins), BDH (Big Dick Henry), and no matter what anyone says… Mr. Jeans as our current QB - ain’t accepted- ain’t lettin go. The list is long and great and worthy of a GoTits thread. That would be a fun time! Or a perfect Tits thread hijack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, it seems like it's more about stopping the player from signing elsewhere more than wanting to keep them...if they value them they should have signed them to an extended contract sooner
I think this is sometimes the case and there are other times that the franchise tag works as like just an extension of more time to get a contract together.
If I recall, when the tags started, that was closer to how they were used, now they seem like a 1 year, non-negotiation, trade bait deal where the player is held hostage.

I think this is sometimes the case and there are other times that the franchise tag works as like just an extension of more time to get a contract together.
If I recall, when the tags started, that was closer to how they were used, now they seem like a 1 year, non-negotiation, trade bait deal where the player is held hostage.
You would think the team is well aware of the players becoming FAs so why wait and have that big cap hit even for a year?
I suppose it's the players waiting as well to see what they can get in FA, works both ways

You would think the team is well aware of the players becoming FAs so why wait and have that big cap hit even for a year?
I suppose it's the players waiting as well to see what they can get in FA, works both ways
At least for arguments sake on waiting, teams have a lot of other contracts being juggled. Aside from disagreements in negotiation talks prior to being forced into a franchise tag, the other players on the roster are playing for their contracts too.
so take the titans going into 2023, little cap room, no way to really negotiate a new contract with Henry (as an example). After they see who is worth keeping around, negotiating their contracts or just making the decision they didn’t play well enough to stay, now there is not a lot of time to negotiate with the player about to be franchised.

I think it has a place for use, but teams do abuse it.

Yea when owners did eventually allow there to be a thing called free agency it was the last big fuck you to the players. Yea you can be a free agent but only still when I want you to be.

I agree, it seems like it's more about stopping the player from signing elsewhere more than wanting to keep them...if they value them they should have signed them to an extended contract sooner
more often than not its the players being stupid not ownership

players/agents over value their services to existing team all the time

like ajb11 did with Titans

works that way when player wants off of current team

Titans tagging Fat Albert 2 years in a row just proved haynesworth wanted out. then he signed a $100m contract with Redskins like the minute FA started and zero tampering charges for Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back