Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is literally why the compensatory draft picks were created. We will get a third or fourth round pick for Cory Davis and we will get a third round pick for Jonnu. We got a third round pick for Conklin. That’s basically like trading them, and I’d argue we wouldn’t have gotten those picks for those players in a free agency year.
Brain fart on my part. I thought we got nothing. My bad.

move along, nothing to see here....:nudgewink:

I don't disagree with part of what you're saying but the arrow is not pointing up. We were AFC Championship game 2 years ago, bumped in round one last year. So technically, arrow is pointing down. And we don't have those 1st round picks on the roster any more (Conklin, Davis, Smith, Jackson.....). Just keeping it real.
You see AFC Champ to playoff loss as a step back. Fair, but anything can happen in the playoffs. It's not like a best of series. I see 9 wins to 11 wins and a divisional championship as a step forward.

Letting players like that go is what is keeping us from becoming the Jags and what keeps you alive for tomorrow. The only player we will miss from that list is Conklin. If they were undrafted players would you care as much? Again, it doesn't matter how you acquire the players. It's what can you do for me now and at what cost? CD, Jonnu, and AJ are not worth it.

point is JRob slightly above average. We don’t have any players or picks from those first founders that walked. The same players that got us those accolades you referenced. It’s not irrational it’s just summary math.

blind loyalty to idea that JRob is done great GM, or anything slightly above average is irrational. :brow:
Do you pay your mortgage on "JRob is slightly above average" posts? We all know your stance. How do I get that deal?

What do we get and when?

It’ll be next year. This year we got picks for Conklin and I think Logan Ryan. Conklin netted us a 3rd so I’d assume CD would as well. Jonnu will be a 3rd for sure but we also signed Bud so that’ll cancel one of them out.

The comp picks are based on how big of a contract is signed. 3rd is the highest you can get.

It’ll be next year. This year we got picks for Conklin and I think Logan Ryan. Conklin netted us a 3rd so I’d assume CD would as well. Jonnu will be a 3rd for sure but we also signed Bud so that’ll cancel one of them out.

The comp picks are based on how big of a contract is signed. 3rd is the highest you can get.
We only got a 3rd for Conklin, Beasley canceled out the one for Mariota.
No comp pick for Ryan as we released him didn't we?

We signed Dupree, Autry and Reynolds so those signings off set losses. Jones is still out there so we don't know if they bring him back. Cuts do not count as losses of FAs.

Giants have a true #1 in Bradbury so Adoree can take some pressure off covering the #2 or #3 best WR on the other side. Could work out for him - not sad in the least he’s gone though - he should covert to inside slot ; wouldn’t trust him anymore lining up one on one on the outside

So why didn't we get a comp pick for him?

He was signed after the NFL Draft so it makes him ineligible.

here’s the rules to qualify:
“A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1 […]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35%2 of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below.

In regards to Adoree, it doesn’t sound like we get a pick for him.

• Prior to the 2020 CBA, players who have options declined by their former teams qualified for the compensatory formula, even though the team had a method to keep them under contract. For one example, see Donte Stallworth in 2009, who qualified in favor of New England despite having an option on his contract declined. However, the 2020 has closed the loophole. However, App. V, §8 now makes explicit that such players, as well as any player who does not complete the “Maximum Possible Term” of the contract will not be eligible to become CFAs. This similarly applies to any player whose contract was shortened via renegotiation.

In regards to Adoree, it doesn’t sound like we get a pick for him.

• Prior to the 2020 CBA, players who have options declined by their former teams qualified for the compensatory formula, even though the team had a method to keep them under contract. For one example, see Donte Stallworth in 2009, who qualified in favor of New England despite having an option on his contract declined. However, the 2020 has closed the loophole. However, App. V, §8 now makes explicit that such players, as well as any player who does not complete the “Maximum Possible Term” of the contract will not be eligible to become CFAs. This similarly applies to any player whose contract was shortened via renegotiation.

The 2020 CBA only applies to contracts signed after the new CBA.

I think Adoree was a FA and we get a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back