Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed... downing dont matter

yes hes a clown but he is vrables clown

I dont think the coaches should blast players but hearing Downing and Carter talking about the worst LT in the league last week was eye opening.

There's always the chance it's coach speak but if it wasn't, there's a problem

Yea, its been terrible having a winning team every year.

The nightmare is still here. Unless Vrabel changes, it doesn't matter who the GM is, or is going to be. Im not against getting rid of Jrob, but I dont feel thats going to solve our problems. Coaching has to be fixed or the current ones need to wake up.

Every time I attempt to get hopeful, I am reminded of who our coaches are.

OL coach. Special teams coach. OC. Then a meathead for a HC.

Edit: we were a bottom feeder team for several years. The Titans became unwatchable.

While we are not that bad now, they are still a hard team to watch and enjoy. Hopefully the new GM makes it coachproof by having such good selections building the roster. (If we don't make coaching changes)
Yes winning is a good thing but until we beat teams above .500 consistently I'm not getting too excited.

And yes we are a bad team right now...the next few games will tell alot about the Titans and the staff. While we have alot of injuries the healthy guys need to take the opportunity to step up

We are facing Herbert with a healthy Allen and Williams...hope it's not too embarrassing

Yes winning is a good thing but until we beat teams above .500 consistently I'm not getting too excited.

I haven't watched this team in a few weeks. All it does is piss me off. Its not fun, so they dont get my attention atm. Even if we trip into the playoffs, being in a horrible division will still be the main reason.

That being said, I cant help but wonder how different, if at all, it would be if we didn't lose Lewan/Burkes/Phillips/Landry

I haven't watched this team in a few weeks. All it does is piss me off. Its not fun, so they dont get my attention atm. Even if we trip into the playoffs, being in a horrible division will still be the main reason.

That being said, I cant help but wonder how different, if at all, it would be if we didn't lose Lewan/Burkes/Phillips/Landry
The last few weeks has been brutal! You missed pure sh*t football lol
I think we would be a different team if completely healthy but Downing is still here

zero chance TL77 was playing this year IMO... his plan was to get healthy for some sucker to pay him for a prove it contract

landry loss took the top off the LBs without a doubt

pathetically The Inhaler & phillips were being counted on as game changers as rookies... other teams get to have nice things but apparently never the Titans

This was his "dream job", was recently extended for 5 years, then woke up one day to have the rug yanked out from underneath him. I imagine hes devastated right now and needs some time to process.
There were either major problems between him and Amy, or she pulled a total bush league move. In which case, you'll probably never hear from him. Nor will you ever see a decent GM at this organization again.

There were either major problems between him and Amy, or she pulled a total bush league move. In which case, you'll probably never hear from him. Nor will you ever see a decent GM at this organization again.

There are only 32 of those jobs. She won’t have any trouble finding a good GM.

There are only 32 of those jobs. She won’t have any trouble finding a good GM.
Just like Dallas shouldn't have any problem finding a good HC, since they are the top sports team in the entire world. Yet they are forced to hire mediocre ones, because the good ones don't want to deal with the owner. A good candidate is going to have plenty of options beyond Tennessee.

Just like Dallas shouldn't have any problem finding a good HC, since they are the top sports team in the entire world. Yet they are forced to hire mediocre ones, because the good ones don't want to deal with the owner. A good candidate is going to have plenty of options beyond Tennessee.

At the end of the day, AAS basically pulled a move her father would have made in a similar way he would have. The question is, will it blow up in her face like a lot of her father's moves did.

Someone said there are only 32 GMs. Doesnt change the fact many of them are pretty bad at their job. We went through a long streak of bad ones ourselves.

At the end of the day, AAS basically pulled a move her father would have made in a similar way he would have. The question is, will it blow up in her face like a lot of her father's moves did.
100%

Adams was doing everything right- the success of the team, hosting the draft, building a new stadium and being a future site of the Super Bowl. Firing a GM midseason was extremely bold and likely an unforced error which could have major repercussions.

You can’t overpay underproductive FAs and miss on early rounder picks and let your proven talent get away from the team. And keep your job as GM. JRob was azz the past few years. He was a little above average early, he landed Vrabel and had us in a position last year with depth, but it didn’t get better this year due to his misses. The window slammed shut. We just happen to be in a doodoo division.

You can’t overpay underproductive FAs and miss on early rounder picks and let your proven talent get away from the team. And keep your job as GM. JRob was azz the past few years. He was a little above average early, he landed Vrabel and had us in a position last year with depth, but it didn’t get better this year due to his misses. The window slammed shut. We just happen to be in a doodoo division.
The AFC South has had 2 teams in the playoffs each year from 2017-2020. 3 in 2019. Indy was a blown game vs Jacksonville from them having 2 playoff teams in 2021, just like Tennessee in 2016. The arguments about the weak division are boring and inaccurate. Most games are played outside the division anyway, and TN typically performed well against playoff-caliber teams prior to this year.

Moving on from Robinson is fine. Firing a GM midseason, while you are primed to make the playoffs, is a different matter. It makes the Titans look like the bush league organization they were prior to the success they had under him. Good luck finding a decent GM who wants to work with Bud Adams 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back