Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Henry is frustrated and its showing in his running.

In the past, a stacked box wasn't a big concern because the OLine did enough to make a hole, Henry was patient and confident enough to find it and go. Right now it looks like he's just flinging himself forward and hoping for the best. Even on some bigger runs, in the past the confident Henry would take those runs to the house because he trusted the blocking and used his vision to map out the runs. Now it's like he's closing his eyes and running full steam because 90% of the time there's not a hole... So when there is he's not getting the yards he normally would on those runs.
If you actually watch him run, you realize he’s improved. His footwork is far better than it was and he’s making cuts that he never used to make. The problem is the oline isn’t sticking their initial blocks and failing to make it to the next level.

I’ll need to watch again but it looked to me like he was caught from behind. I thought he was going to score once he busted through.

The run was with 4:59 left in the second, I can't post the video because of copyright laws. Once Henry go to the secondary, all Nick WBI had to do was get in the way of #5 and Henry was going to cut outside and take it to the house

If you actually watch him run, you realize he’s improved. His footwork is far better than it was and he’s making cuts that he never used to make. The problem is the oline isn’t sticking their initial blocks and failing to make it to the next level.

I agree with the cuts and stuff. He's running "different"... But I don't know if that's necessarily always good thing. A lot of the runs look "forced" and "twitchy" rather than his normal smooth running style.

I'm referring to him just looking more aggressive with the runs rather than patient and smooth. OLine can't block to save their lives so he's just going full steam ahead on some of them.

I’ll need to watch again but it looked to me like he was caught from behind. I thought he was going to score once he busted through.
Might not be the same run, but it looked like he stopped to go around a DB instead of plowing through his arms. The Db wasn’t directly in front of him.

The footwork, vision, and cuts are all there this season. The top speed just isn’t there yet. DH22 has looked better and better, he’ll be fine, I’m not too worried about him moving forward.

28 carries
102 yards
2 TD

2 receptions
30 yards
0 TD

Season:
104 carries
408 yards
7 TD :beerbang:

10 receptions
121 yards
0 TD
30 Carries
128 yards
0 TD

3 receptions
10 yards

Season:
134 carries (2nd)
536 yards (4th)
5 TDs (5th I made a mistake last week?)
4.0 YPC (37th)

13 receptions
131 yards

I was probably one of the people most down on henry going into this season. He has far surpassed my expectations so far and I couldn't be happier.

30 Carries
128 yards
0 TD

3 receptions
10 yards

Season:
134 carries (2nd)
536 yards (4th)
4.0 YPC (37th)

13 receptions
131 yards

I was probably one of the people most down on henry going into this season. He has far surpassed my expectations so far and I couldn't be happier.
134 carries is what we pay the man for. Surprised only 4.0 per and 37 rank. All good though. He's also doing better than I expected. Think he is beginning to trust legs now. If only the man can get some good blocking.

134 carries is what we pay the man for. Surprised only 4.0 per and 37 rank. All good though. He's also doing better than I expected. Think he is beginning to trust legs now. If only the man can get some good blocking.
He's running into loaded boxes behind an awful OLine. I'm surprised he's 4th in rushing!

6 are QBs and only 9 other RB have a 100 carry sample size.

Henry now has 4 straight 200 yard rushing games against the Texans. No other running back has ever had 3 against a single team. Pretty insane stat.

One thing I’ve noticed Henry has actually gotten better at this season is his footwork and cutting. We always knew he had elite change of direction speed, but we’re seeing him consistently juke out defenders now.

Henry now has 4 straight 200 yard rushing games against the Texans. No other running back has ever had 3 against a single team. Pretty insane stat.

One thing I’ve noticed Henry has actually gotten better at this season is his footwork and cutting. We always knew he had elite change of direction speed, but we’re seeing him consistently juke out defenders now.
Yeah, it's good to see him being shifty when he looked like a log against the Giants and Bills.

30 Carries
128 yards
0 TD

3 receptions
10 yards

Season:
134 carries (2nd)
536 yards (4th)
4.0 YPC (37th)

13 receptions
131 yards

32 attempts
219 yards
2 TD
6.8 YPC

1 reception
9 yards

Season:
166 attempts
755 yards
7 TD
4.5 YPC

14 receptions
140 yards

Henry jumped to #2 (755) behind Barkley (779) with Chubb still to play this week (740).

next 2 are Jacobs (676) and Aaron Jones (575)
Next few are close to Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back