Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that makes sense. My next question, what benefit is there other than getting him off the team?
HUGE benefits.
1. Miami has to pay his $5.3 million in salary the next few years. If we cut him, we’d have to pay him.
2. We save more than $3 million in cap space next year AND the year after. So we eat an extra $1.8 mil in cap space this year but will save a ton of cap space the next two years. That’s potentially two impact free agents we could add down the road.

I think we had a very poor off season, but he is correct that Fulton and Evans will be very good players for us. It was injuries not COVID that impacted those two. Players who get injured isn’t the GM’s fault. Wake, Beasley, and Wilson are certainly at his doorstep.
I still have confidence in the rest of Jrobs draft class. I think we have several nice looking impact players in Fulton, Evans, Brewer, Tart and even Murchison, Jackson and Ikine.
2019 might be the best draft class in Titans history so I’m not too worried about JROB.

Nope, the ENTIRE draft is based off future performance. Has to be since none of these young bucks have played a down of pro ball. Injuries, post draft are not predictable and the gauge you are measuring with is not rational. They did not contribute last year, but the reality is, they have more than last year to prove their worth and contribute. They have 3 year contracts, so far, they have not held up 1/3 of their contractual value due to injuries. If they wind up giving us 2/3 of their contractual value as 2nd and 3rd rounders, then they were a success. I get the disappointment in JR, I feel it too. I think he has assumed an arrogance over the course of his tenure and at times gets too cute with picks. But injuries are a part of the game and unless you drafted a guy who was injured, don’t think you can lay they at any GM’s feet.

dont think you understood what I was saying.

Not even close. Wilson was a bust and a bad pick. But the other players will contribute, Fulton and Evans are very good prospects. Fulton will be a starter in this league and we need to see what Evans turns into. COVID effected more than some of you want to realize. Developmental time was lost.
Neither of those players have done hardly anything though. In the NFL, assuming a player that isn't contributing will all of the sudden start contributing is a losing bet. And even if you are right, one starter in an entire draft class is awful.

Plenty of rookies across the league contributed last year. I'm pretty sure if the rookie QBs could step in and play as well as they did last year, the development excuse doesn't hold water for position players.

Unless you’re saying JRob had Covid brain fog during last off-season and draft, your statement doesn’t make sense. EVERY team operated under the same conditions. You’re just rationalizing a HORRIBLE performance by our GM.

No I’m not. It’s been clearly stated that COVID had an affect on the league. It isn’t equal. It hurt some team and didn’t hurt others. if you don’t think the isolation had an affect nothing I say will change your small mind. I’m not excusing the Isiah Wilson pick. I’m saying lack of preparation time hurt young players and even veterans. Not being at the training facility around each other hurt. Lack of coaching time.

If you think zoom meetings are the same as hitting, being in the building together, walk throughs working with strength and conditioning coaches, etc etc. you would be wrong.

Jon Robinsons job isn’t even remotely in danger, He is widely considered a top 10 GM. JRobs successes far and away outnumber his failures. You guys who think the Wilson Beasley and Clowney moves have him on the hot seat don’t get it, He isn’t on the hot seat after an 11-5 season, not even close. The Titans are 47-33, 3 of 5 years in the playoffs, made the AFC Championship Game since he took over Football Operations. You don’t think he gets credit for Henry? Tannehill? Demarco Murray? I could list a ton of great moves he has made. He is literally the best GM and it’s not even close that this team has ever had.

The Isiah Wilson pick turned out to be bad. He gets blame for that to a certain degree. He can’t miss on 1st round picks. He did. But he doesn’t have a history of it. But he doesn’t get any blame at all for Beasley and Clowney. He gets credit for signing them in the first place. Some of the fans blame him, but the owner won’t.

No leaving college, turning pro, getting handed alot of $ is not a change of scenery. .he obviously didn't handle it well...now he gets a change of scenery

I get we are all pissed at him, he's not our problem anymore...wish him well and move on
Then what is he changing scenery from, his house? He didn’t do anything with the titans. For a change of scenery to work, he would of at one point accepted and been a part of the previous scenery. This is him just leaving college a second time.

Then what is he changing scenery from, his house? He didn’t do anything with the titans. For a change of scenery to work, he would of at one point accepted and been a part of the previous scenery. This is him just leaving college a second time.
Whatever, go argue with someone else..I made my comment..obviously he didn't want to be in Nashville or be a Titan, he's a Dolphin now...therefore new scenery...

None. That is why I don’t like it. Why not work to see if you can get him figured out. We invested a ton in him. Don’t get me wrong, he was a huge bust but I feel like we didn’t seem to do what we could have to get him in the right track. Maybe it was a lost cause and we knew that early on, but it seems like a huge loss without a lot of effort on our part to make it work.
Ugh. Yeah I originally didn't mind this move because I thought it at least saved us the capspace. We should've just deactivated him all season like last year before this.

Would’ve been better to let him
hang around and hope he finally grows up and plays, especially with them taking the cap hit. Oh well hopefully Jrob has a much better draft this year!

Neither of those players have done hardly anything though. In the NFL, assuming a player that isn't contributing will all of the sudden start contributing is a losing bet. And even if you are right, one starter in an entire draft class is awful.
But the opposite can be said too. Why assume Fulton won't be a starting-caliber corner once healthy? Everything points to him being solid. Same for Evans.

JRob totally blew it with Wilson but I'm not going to call this draft a complete bust until 2022.

We get next to nothing out of our drafted guys early in their careers

Good problem to not have to count on rookies if you ask me

That doesnt mean JR blew anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back