Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
“good QBs” dont win SB, only “very good” do and some of them are drafted in the 3rd rd or 6th round. And not all “very good” QBs win a SB.

It seems like the SB winning QB is only drafted in the top 10 about once every 5 years (Mahomes at 10, Stafford at 1, although won on a different team, Ben/Eli before that).

And does it equate to SB wins?
List of teams that picked a top 10 QB the last 25 years and if they won the SB with said top 10 QB:
2021 Jax/Jets/SF - remains to be seen, I think the Jets are out
2020 CIN/mia/LAC - remains to be seen, but pretty good class like 2004
2019 ARZ/NYG- remains to be seen? Not looking great
2018 Cle/NYJ/Buf/ARZ - maybe buffalo? Kind of a playoff choker though
2017 chi/KC - there’s 1, Mahomes
2016 rams/Phi - nope
2015 TB/TEN - nope
2014 Jax - nope
2012 Ind/was/mia - nope
2011 car/ten/Jax - nope
2010 rams - nope
2009 Det/NYJ - nope
2008 Atl - soooooo close but nope
2007 Oak - nope
2006 ten/ARZ - nope
2005 SF - nope
2004 LAC/NYG - I’ll count Eli since he was really drafted to play NYG
2003 CIN/Jax - nope
2002 Hou/Det - nope
2001 Atl - nope
1999 Cle/Phi/CIN - nope
1998 ind/lac - the bigger Manning makes 3.

3 in 25 years, 43 top 10 QBs. What’s worse is how many times you see the same teams over and over just keep trying as other teams that aren’t doing this are winning the SB almost exclusively.
This guy does a pretty good job with factual data, so I’ll add.
With that top 10 list success, it adds up to a 7% success rate (7% of top 10 QBs got their team a SB)
Let’s look at 11-20 QB picks:
22- Pit - remains to be seen
21- Chi/NE - remains to be seen
19- was - nope
17- Hou- maybe as long as massages don’t hold him back
13- buf- nope
11- min- nope
09- TB - nope
08- Balt- Flac attack wins
06- Den- nope
04- Pit- Big Ben wins
03- Balt - nope
00- NYJ- nope
99- Min/Chi - nope
25 years, 13% success rate

how about 21-32
20- GB- remains to be seen, hasn’t played
18- Balt- remains to be seen
16- Den- nope
14- Cle/Min- nope
12- cle- nope
10- den- nope
06- cle- nope
05- GB/Was- A-Aron wins
04- Buf - nope
03- chi- nope
02- was- nope
01- LAC- nope (technically rd 2 but pick 32)
25 years, also a 7% (slightly above actually)

so statistically speaking, taking a QB later in the first round than top 10 has gotten the team more SB than a top 10 QB selection.

Hell, let’s draft a QB with very pick this year surely one will workout.
Well, I already heard this you unoriginal Ba**tard. Lol

we should just go QB and only QB. Get one in the first, second, third, and fourth. 1 is bound to work out.
Once we figure out which one is GOAT, we use next years cap to build a team around him.

Can’t be afraid to swing and miss and it is a MUST so why not make sure we have one.

As an added bonus, taking 4 QBs is sure to tank which means super early draft pick next year to get another GOAT and use as trade bait.

so statistically speaking, taking a QB later in the first round than top 10 has gotten the team more SB than a top 10 QB selection.

Yes because teams picking later in the draft have better overall teams than those picking in the top 10. Top 10 teams have multiple holes on their rosters.

And that style of offense is ancient and not conducive to winning in 2023. I think it's obvious Ran sees that.
We just had the number one seed 2 years ago! Had a 2 score lead with one half to go over the SB champs 3 years ago. Your ass is showing...

For one, there is plenty of talk about us moving up in the draft. We're reportedly discussing BDH in trades now. We're meeting with QBs. What other signs would you like?
Talk from who? Not those making the decisions. Meeting with QBs is something that happens most every draft. I'm not seeing anything I don't see every season before the draft.

I think they are just fishing for a team to offer a ridiculous amount of value for Henry. I don't think it means the Titans are going into full rebuild mode.

This guy does a pretty good job with factual data, so I’ll add.
With that top 10 list success, it adds up to a 7% success rate (7% of top 10 QBs got their team a SB)
Let’s look at 11-20 QB picks:
22- Pit - remains to be seen
21- Chi/NE - remains to be seen
19- was - nope
17- Hou- maybe as long as massages don’t hold him back
13- buf- nope
11- min- nope
09- TB - nope
08- Balt- Flac attack wins
06- Den- nope
04- Pit- Big Ben wins
03- Balt - nope
00- NYJ- nope
99- Min/Chi - nope
25 years, 13% success rate

how about 21-32
20- GB- remains to be seen, hasn’t played
18- Balt- remains to be seen
16- Den- nope
14- Cle/Min- nope
12- cle- nope
10- den- nope
06- cle- nope
05- GB/Was- A-Aron wins
04- Buf - nope
03- chi- nope
02- was- nope
01- LAC- nope (technically rd 2 but pick 32)
25 years, also a 7% (slightly above actually)

If I had to guess, you are best off going with an FA or trade QB. A proven vet whom another team gave up on because reasons.

Oh, we already have that, nvm.

Talk from who? Not those making the decisions. Meeting with QBs is something that happens most every draft. I'm not seeing anything I don't see every season before the draft.

I think they are just fishing for a team to offer a ridiculous amount of value for Henry. I don't think it means the Titans are going into full rebuild mode.
Agree. “Open for business” means we’ll listen to anything. Even talk about Henry. And only move on something that’s good business.

Foolish not to listen to HOW interested a team might be in Henry.

People are looking for anything to confirm their bias

As they saying goes, Ran just kicking the tires to get a feel for the interest. He doesn't have to do anything.

If you sell out for CJ Stroud. Dump older expensive veterans and in 2024 the Titans have the most cap space in NFL history then you can build a SB team around a young QB.
Uh, if that were the case, every team would do it.

You must love you some Stroud. I don't. I am not sold on any QB in this draft as being the next Lawrence (who sucked/sucks until recently) or beard neck in Indy.

It might be worth its own thread but many here seem to think the Titans have no chance with most of the players on the current roster. I see a good defense who will be better if they can stay healthy (and get Honor back). I like the development we saw in Burks. I like Philips though he's far from being proven. Chig looks to be the read deal.

Get a decent WR and draft another. Grab some OL help and draft a couple more. It's not unrealistic to think the Titans can stay at the top in the weak South.

If I had to guess, you are best off going with an FA or trade QB. A proven vet whom another team gave up on because reasons.

Oh, we already have that, nvm.
at this point in his career, assuming he has not turned into a mental case, MM8 would be a good QB so your team did not blow donkey anus while you developed a replacement

We just had the number one seed 2 years ago! Had a 2 score lead with one half to go over the SB champs 3 years ago. Your ass is showing...

Got bounced in the first PS game in 2021 . Our offense was 17th in scoring offense. If you think our offense is the reason we won 13 games in 2021, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back