Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 games is more than 3 games, so how is that cherry picking? Want to go to 6 games? 8? I promise it doesn't look any better.

The Titans offense was bad each of the last 2 seasons. The one common theme over that time period is Ryan Tannehill.

And all indications are we will be moving on.
One common theme? There were like 12 common themes starting with Downing.
Why people try so hard to hang the hat on THill baffles me specifically when that isn’t what he’s expected to do.

needless to say, last year, all year until one fateful game, he did what you need your QB to to, not turn the ball over. Then he broke the rule in a close game and in epic fashion.

It’s like people give zero credit to the eventual AFC Champions for winning the game but also overlook the absolute freak of nature ending it took for them to win.

One common theme? There were like 12 common themes starting with Downing.
Why people try so hard to hang the hat on THill baffles me specifically when that isn’t what he’s expected to do.

needless to say, last year, all year until one fateful game, he did what you need your QB to to, not turn the ball over. Then he broke the rule in a close game and in epic fashion.

It’s like people give zero credit to the eventual AFC Champions for winning the game but also overlook the absolute freak of nature ending it took for them to win.
I remember 3rd and 1, then 4th and 1 to end the damn thing, and we call a delayed run... I was so fucking mad I nearly broke something. Also remember our vaunted D giving up a massive chunk of yards that never should have happened to get them in field goal position to win the game.

Aren't you cherry picking now? I mentioned the last 3 games, and now we are at 5 games. Yes, the defense played very good. To say our QB had nothing to do with those wins is asinine. D played like chit against that very bad team in Houston last game didn't they? How'd that chit team score 25 points with the #1 seed on the line? The argument for so long from those that think like me, is that Tammy is indeed good enough to win it all. I also like having a very good Defense, which I do believe is more important than the QB. Having said that, you would like to trade our best offensive weapon, and give up our QB at a great cost to the team, with the year after in mind, which actually would mean 3 years, while this team has proven to be competitive at the highest levels. Regardless, what you want isn't going to happen, so we are technically arguing over nothing. You do realize that we really don't ask Tammy to do too much. We are a ground and pound style offense. We do that very well. His job is not to turn the ball over. He does that, and we sit pretty real good next year with a revamped OL.
need to evolve the O into pounding if straight D and taking the top off if the D crowds the line to stop the pounding. And I am fine with taking the top off 12 yards at a time underneath ... just sayin'

need to evolve the O into pounding if straight D and taking the top off if the D crowds the line to stop the pounding. And I am fine with taking the top off 12 yards at a time underneath ... just sayin'
Art Smith seemed to get it, too bad we didn't have him another season or two.

Art Smith seemed to get it, too bad we didn't have him another season or two.
Offense was rolling in 2020.
Tannehill accounted for 40 TDs , Henry 2k yards and 17 TDs.
#2 in RedZone offense in the league.

The only major thing to change in 2021 was Downing being OC and we all know how that went.

So it's all on Ohio's defense? Refresh my memory, how many points did Georgia score in the 3rd quarter?

It most certainly was not on Stroud and YES it was on the Ohio State defense they gave up 42 points.... none of them were pick sixes or scoop and score or return points... all the points were on the defense and UGA missed 3 FGs... more points on the defense.... Stroud got his team in long FG range to win the game too.

Tannehill is technically in a contract year. He has every reason to play well. I just wonder how much he will get paid on the open market.

It most certainly was not on Stroud and YES it was on the Ohio State defense they gave up 42 points.... none of them were pick sixes or scoop and score or return points... all the points were on the defense and UGA missed 3 FGs... more points on the defense.... Stroud got his team in long FG range to win the game too.

Ohio's defense held Ga for no scores the entire 3rd quarter, Ohio missed a last-second Hail Mary FG and lost. That L wasn't all on Ohio's D. Stroud was part of the problem too.

Using your logic, Georgia's defense sucked to allow Ohio back in the game during the 2nd half, just sayin.

Tannehill is technically in a contract year. He has every reason to play well. I just wonder how much he will get paid on the open market.
Carr got 37.5m a year. Tannehill is a little older but very similar stat wise.

I'd say Tannehill could probably pull 35m a year for a few more years.

If the Titans trade Henry, it's confirmation they're rebuilding. With a terrible line, coming off a foot injury, and flashes of dominance, it's hard to confirm if Henry has any good years left, but if we truly are rebuilding, there's no point in keeping him.

If the Titans trade Henry, it's confirmation they're rebuilding. With a terrible line, coming off a foot injury, and flashes of dominance, it's hard to confirm if Henry has any good years left, but if we truly are rebuilding, there's no point in keeping him.
1500 yards behind a RadioShack employee OL and no passing game to assist.

Confirmed, he’s got some tread left.

1500 yards behind a RadioShack employee OL and no passing game to assist.

Confirmed, he’s got some tread left.

Eye test showed he was inconsistent, like I said, had flashes of dominance but also looked like a stiff log at times (but in fairness, he was coming off an injury), so with 2 years post foot injury and a decent line this year, we will see if he's still elite or not.

those dumps looked deadly... well the ones where he got even 1 step

but it did appear anything near his feet took DH22 down in 22... not sure anything can be done about that

I don’t care about stats. I watched Derrick Henry run. He goes down instantly on contact where he used to run over multiple people. He is not even close to the same player and a player as big as he is, will decline quickly once it begins and it has begun.
Were your eyes closed when you watched Henry “go down instantly on contact”. Because he actually lead all RBs in tackles broken last year.

Maybe there are times when our eyes lie to us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back