Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re your eyes closed when you watched Henry “go down instantly on contact”. Because he actually lead all RBs in tackles broken last year.

Maybe there are times when our eyes lie to us?
Must have been because I saw it many times throughout the season. Just watch how he does this year and remember I told you.

Eye test showed he was inconsistent, like I said, had flashes of dominance but also looked like a stiff log at times (but in fairness, he was coming off an injury), so with 2 years post foot injury and a decent line this year, we will see if he's still elite or not.

He's always been inconsistent, really. Hard not to be against stacked boxes when everyone knows he's getting the ball. that's what makes Henry special is his ability to make things happen even when teams sell out to stop him. Sometimes teams do stop him...just part of it.

Must have been because I saw it many times throughout the season. Just watch how he does this year and remember I told you.

He's always gone down pretty easily tbh. He's 6'3 250lbs. High center of gravity. He can punish people with his size but let's not act like he's ever been a bruiser style RB that runs through everyone. His thing has always been size and speed.

Ohio's defense held Ga for no scores the entire 3rd quarter, Ohio missed a last-second Hail Mary FG and lost. That L wasn't all on Ohio's D. Stroud was part of the problem too.

Acting like Stroud was a problem in that game is laughable.... he torched the #1 defense in the country... if you don't call 350yds for 4 TDs and no turnovers a great game then you need a reality check

Yeah I recently said something similar and someone else pulled out the "stats" that showed I was wrong. What can I say, I watch every single game from start to finish and Henry goes down like a 2 dollar prostitute at the LoS, from what my eyes see. Once he gets some space, he is deadly, but going through the line sure seems like a massive struggle for such a big guy.

The fact is, I stated that Tammy played great the final 3 games... Ryan Tannehill is a good QB, and he is certainly better at the moment than any rookie you want to waste a draft pick on this year. Want to bet some moolah Tammy is our Qb next year? My indications tell me you are absolutely incorrect. Now, next year, that's a different thing. 3,700, 21/14 isn't great at all. I'd like to see those numbers a bit better, especially in TD/INT. The yards really aren't that important with our style of play. Also have to remember that he lost a lot of key assets, and may have been the most sacked QB that season. I can't remember. We all knew it needed to be addressed, and it wasn't. Instead we wasted a 3rd on new QB with potential (they all seem to come with that), and didn't spend that pick on a position far more needed. He was sacked 47 times!!! You go right on ahead and dream of your new rookie QB that ain't coming, and I'll stay right here in the real world.

And 3 games is cherry picking. You know exactly why you chose 3 games and not 4 or 5 or more. The defense was amazing that year. The offense stunk. Those are the facts.

Let’s assume the rumors that the Titans want to move up for Stroud are true.
Let’s also assume the rumors that the Bears are interested in trading for Henry are true.
If we were to give up Henry, 1.11 and 2.11… that might get us 1.01

It’s just hard to swallow getting your QB of the future but putting him in a situation with no OL or real weapons (besides unproven Burks)

Like @TitanJeff said earlier, this sets up a Locker, VY, Mariota situation.

Build the OL and WRs this year. Get the QB next year. Or get a discounted guy like Hooker and let him sit a year.

I think Hooker is largely underrated and would be a good pick up in Rd 2. While I’m usually not on board with drafting injured players, I would make an exception with him.

Acting like Stroud was a problem in that game is laughable.... he torched the #1 defense in the country... if you don't call 350yds for 4 TDs and no turnovers a great game then you need a reality check
He was part of the problem, the final score is the proof. He choked on the final drive. :biglaugh:

And as fun as this has been, the Titans ain't drafting that cat anyway. We'll get to see how well he plays for some other team in the NFL, and good luck to him.

One common theme? There were like 12 common themes starting with Downing.
Why people try so hard to hang the hat on THill baffles me specifically when that isn’t what he’s expected to do.

needless to say, last year, all year until one fateful game, he did what you need your QB to to, not turn the ball over. Then he broke the rule in a close game and in epic fashion.

It’s like people give zero credit to the eventual AFC Champions for winning the game but also overlook the absolute freak of nature ending it took for them to win.

RT has had like 2.5 good years his entire career. Do you really need to ask why he deserves so much credit for how bad our offense had been? How many more mediocre years does he need to have to convince you that he just isn't a good QB?

RT has had like 2.5 good years his entire career. Do you really need to ask why he deserves so much credit for how bad our offense had been? How many more mediocre years does he need to have to convince you that he just isn't a good QB?
I already don’t think he’s a great QB but to put the blame on him or evenly largely on him last year is overlooking so many other valid issues that make up a bad offense.
It’s never 1 player. And just like unrealistic credit is given to QB, it’s much more so that undeserving blame gets put on the QB.

Ohio's defense held Ga for no scores the entire 3rd quarter, Ohio missed a last-second Hail Mary FG and lost. That L wasn't all on Ohio's D. Stroud was part of the problem too.

Ohio State scored 41 points. It was ALL on Ohio State's defense. CJ Stroud was 100% not the problem.

I would say the fact that this has to be explained to you is astonishing, But given your recent posts, it's seems to be par for the course.

Yeah I recently said something similar and someone else pulled out the "stats" that showed I was wrong. What can I say, I watch every single game from start to finish and Henry goes down like a 2 dollar prostitute at the LoS, from what my eyes see. Once he gets some space, he is deadly, but going through the line sure seems like a massive struggle for such a big guy.
Yes, that’s true. Henry has always needed space to get going. Once he hits the second level with a head of steam he’s a freight train that is very hard for defenders to bring down.

So to say that “this year” he was easier to tackle, or “went down easier” is not an accurate statement. It insinuates that he is now not able to break tackles and get the tougher yards which looking at the numbers proves that statement is not true.

With the worst line in the NFL, and defenses knowing where the ball was going Henry was hit almost immediately upon getting the hand off. The number of tackles broken shows that he can still gain those extra yards.

But the fact that he even had to break more tackles than any other RB in the league just spotlights how bad the Oline was this year and how little running room he had. He rarely had any type of opening and was still able to get 1500 yards. Get him a good Oline and a half decent passing game and Henry can still be elite for a couple more years.

I already don’t think he’s a great QB but to put the blame on him or evenly largely on him last year is overlooking so many other valid issues that make up a bad offense.
It’s never 1 player. And just like unrealistic credit is given to QB, it’s much more so that undeserving blame gets put on the QB.

I'm not blaming him for everything. But he's certainly deserves the Lions share as the starting QB of passing offense that was the 3rd worst in the league. Again, this is a guy who's been extremely mediocre for the vast majority of his career.

Ohio State scored 41 points. It was ALL on Ohio State's defense. CJ Stroud was 100% not the problem.

I would say the fact that this has to be explained to you is astonishing, But given your recent posts, it's seems to be par for the course.
No credit for Georgia's offense? All credit for Ohio's offense?

All credit for Georgia D, none for Ohio?

Fact is that Ohio's final drive stalled and they lost. That's not on Ohio's D. Take off the Homer glasses, Titans ain't drafting your boy. The fact that you continue to lobby for that nonsense is what's hilarious :biglaugh:

See my response above. Like I said, to say that “this year” he was easier to tackle is not an accurate statement. get him a good Oline and a even a half decent passing game and Henry still has at least a couple more elite years left in him.

Now, that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t agree with possibly shopping him. As much as I would love to see Henry retire a Titan, I also say that anyone and everyone needs to be evaluated. And, if we can get the right price, anyone and everyone could and should be shopped.

But the problem is, I can’t see a situation where we can get anything for Henry that would make it worthwhile. To probably only get a 3 rd round pick and save $6 million in CAP doesn’t accomplish much and makes the team worse, not better. Now if someone is willing pay us a king’s ransom by eating his entire $16million and giving us a 1st round pick plus a couple lower picks then absolutely, trade him before he falls off. But not for 3rd round and $6million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back