Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got bounced in the first PS game in 2021 . Our offense was 17th in scoring offense. If you think our offense is the reason we won 13 games in 2021, I've got a bridge to sell you.
It was the play of Tammy at the end of the season that got us that first seed. He was great. Then he chit the bed. You want to blow it all up and watch us bottom feed for 3 years. I ain't interested that Tomfoolery. Lucky for me, what you are espousing isn't going to happen, so there's that.

It was the play of Tammy at the end of the season that got us that first seed. He was great. Then he chit the bed. You want to blow it all up and watch us bottom feed for 3 years. I ain't interested that Tomfoolery. Lucky for me, what you are espousing isn't going to happen, so there's that.

Wrong. It was the 6th ranked scoring defense that got us the number 1 seed.

Wrong. It was the 6th ranked scoring defense that got us the number 1 seed.
Tammy was 58/79 73%, 7 TD- 0 INT, and an avg RTG of 123 over the last 3 must win games to secure the #1 seed. D gave up 25 against the Cows last game of the season. I'd say that Tammy's play was pretty real good before he chit the bed in the playoffs. Where am I wrong about him playing great to close the season and secure #1 seed? Do tell.

Uh, if that were the case, every team would do it.

You must love you some Stroud. I don't. I am not sold on any QB in this draft as being the next Lawrence (who sucked/sucks until recently) or beard neck in Indy.

It might be worth its own thread but many here seem to think the Titans have no chance with most of the players on the current roster. I see a good defense who will be better if they can stay healthy (and get Honor back). I like the development we saw in Burks. I like Philips though he's far from being proven. Chig looks to be the read deal.

Get a decent WR and draft another. Grab some OL help and draft a couple more. It's not unrealistic to think the Titans can stay at the top in the weak South.

Apparently Stroud made some nice throws in the combine and stuff. Some here are like super impressed.

"CBS' Jonathan Jones reports the Titans are not shopping Derrick Henry."

What "shopping" actually means is probably the difference between this report and Mike Silver's report that the Titans are trying to move the star running back. "I had been told general manager Ran Carthon would be 'methodical' in his approach to free agency and changes to the team," Jones wrote. It seems more likely that the Titans were simply seeing if anyone would radically overpay for Henry than shopping him, but that won't stop the speculation.

Per Roto

Tammy was 58/79 73%, 7 TD- 0 INT, and an avg RTG of 123 over the last 3 must win games to secure the #1 seed. D gave up 25 against the Cows last game of the season. I'd say that Tammy's play was pretty real good before he chit the bed in the playoffs. Where am I wrong about him playing great to close the season and secure #1 seed? Do tell.

Way to cherry pick. 4 of those TDs came in one game against a bad Houston team.

We were 8-4 and staring at a 3-4 seed going into week 13. In the last 5 games of the season we went 4-1. Over that period, Tanne had 7 TDs and 192 passing yards per game. Efficient, but mediocre in every way. Meanwhile, the defense gave up an average of 12.8 points per game over that 5 game span. The defense is what put gave us the 1 seed.

Way to cherry pick. 4 of those TDs came in one game against a bad Houston team.

We were 8-4 and staring at a 3-4 seed going into week 13. In the last 5 games of the season we went 4-1. Over that period, Tanne had 7 TDs and 192 passing yards per game. Efficient, but mediocre in every way. Meanwhile, the defense gave up an average of 12.8 points per game over that 5 game span. The defense is what put gave us the 1 seed.
Aren't you cherry picking now? I mentioned the last 3 games, and now we are at 5 games. Yes, the defense played very good. To say our QB had nothing to do with those wins is asinine. D played like chit against that very bad team in Houston last game didn't they? How'd that chit team score 25 points with the #1 seed on the line? The argument for so long from those that think like me, is that Tammy is indeed good enough to win it all. I also like having a very good Defense, which I do believe is more important than the QB. Having said that, you would like to trade our best offensive weapon, and give up our QB at a great cost to the team, with the year after in mind, which actually would mean 3 years, while this team has proven to be competitive at the highest levels. Regardless, what you want isn't going to happen, so we are technically arguing over nothing. You do realize that we really don't ask Tammy to do too much. We are a ground and pound style offense. We do that very well. His job is not to turn the ball over. He does that, and we sit pretty real good next year with a revamped OL.

5 games is more than 3 games, so how is that cherry picking? Want to go to 6 games? 8? I promise it doesn't look any better.

The Titans offense was bad each of the last 2 seasons. The one common theme over that time period is Ryan Tannehill.

And all indications are we will be moving on.

5 games is more than 3 games, so how is that cherry picking? Want to go to 6 games? 8? I promise it doesn't look any better.

The Titans offense was bad each of the last 2 seasons. The one common theme over that time period is Ryan Tannehill.

One common theme?

You've already forgotten the stellar RRPP playcalling of DUI Downing?

Actually yes, they are in a terrific spot. Number 1 pick in the draft and the most cap space in the league. They can massively improve their roster if they make the right decisions.
That's what I was getting at..not that they would win the SB

The fact is, I stated that Tammy played great the final 3 games... Ryan Tannehill is a good QB, and he is certainly better at the moment than any rookie you want to waste a draft pick on this year. Want to bet some moolah Tammy is our Qb next year? My indications tell me you are absolutely incorrect. Now, next year, that's a different thing. 3,700, 21/14 isn't great at all. I'd like to see those numbers a bit better, especially in TD/INT. The yards really aren't that important with our style of play. Also have to remember that he lost a lot of key assets, and may have been the most sacked QB that season. I can't remember. We all knew it needed to be addressed, and it wasn't. Instead we wasted a 3rd on new QB with potential (they all seem to come with that), and didn't spend that pick on a position far more needed. He was sacked 47 times!!! You go right on ahead and dream of your new rookie QB that ain't coming, and I'll stay right here in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back