Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing in EG's favor at this point is the fact that the current running back is dead. They could look back and put him in on account there are no more backs of that caliber. But it doesn't look too good for him now.

Technically we have Four Mud Blood Titans ( Moss, Matthews, Hutchinson, and Mawae ) in the Hall, but none of them really represent pure Titan Blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing in EG's favor at this point is the fact that the running back is dead. They could look back and put him in on account there are no more backs of that caliber. But it doesn't look too good for him now.
Eddie's ypc is holding him back I think...which is stupid it's what it is because of the way Fisher used him...he's been to a SB, Taylor hasn't, Eddie was one of the best RBs of his time, pure workhorse and the apitomy of a RB.
He should have been in the hall before now, many are that didn't examplify what Eddie did. Just my opinion.

Eddie's ypc is holding him back I think...which is stupid it's what it is because of the way Fisher used him...he's been to a SB, Taylor hasn't, Eddie was one of the best RBs of his time, pure workhorse and the apitomy of a RB.
He should have been in the hall before now, many are that didn't examplify what Eddie did. Just my opinion.
I think it’s his TD numbers but that should keep Fragile Fred out too.

they both have 7x 1k yds and 2x 10+ TD

The YPC stat is very flawed because it doesn't take into account any part of the game situational carries. If it is goal to go from the 1 yd line then all you can get is 1 yd and even if you do score the TD it hurts your ypc.... same thing for short yardage situations... pick up 2 yds on 3rd and 1 and that is a successful play, but your ypc go down

The YPC stat is very flawed because it doesn't take into account any part of the game situational carries. If it is goal to go from the 1 yd line then all you can get is 1 yd and even if you do score the TD it hurts your ypc.... same thing for short yardage situations... pick up 2 yds on 3rd and 1 and that is a successful play, but your ypc go down
So are passing yards

Throw 2 feet, WR gets 80 yards by himself, qb looks good

Over time, things come together in a career- especially one long enough to be considered for the HOF. So many backs during his tenure just put up better numbers. Takes nothing away from him as a player or a man! He excelled at both. Still my favorite Titan to this day.

Yeah, I've always felt Eddie wasn't quite HoF worthy. But I think his career was about as close as one can get without actually being worthy of getting in.

I put Fred Taylor in that same kinda category. But I'm sure it's just the career rushing yards being the difference. He's ranked 17th all-time. That's definitely a hell of an accomplishment. Not that being 28th all-time isn't. But I can see "top 20" being enough to sway voters who were perhaps on the fence.

frederick did not finish the few games he started vs Titans

He played in 19 games against the Titans. Not sure how many he “started” or finished. But he only averaged 55 yards a game.

Derrick Henry has 14 games against the Jags 102 yards per game.

Yeah, I've always felt Eddie wasn't quite HoF worthy. But I think his career was about as close as one can get without actually being worthy of getting in.

I put Fred Taylor in that same kinda category. But I'm sure it's just the career rushing yards being the difference. He's ranked 17th all-time. That's definitely a hell of an accomplishment. Not that being 28th all-time isn't. But I can see "top 20" being enough to sway voters who were perhaps on the fence.
He left here not willing to take a pay cut on a new contract. Turf toe and decreased performance was the reason of the decreased offer
I don’t know what he was offered, but he made about 6 million a year
I think he went to the Texans for a million a year. The coaches there didn’t play Eddie the way he was accustomed and he was benched after a few games
I might be wrong but , I am old so I have an excise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back