Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that the Texans actually have a very good offensive line. I find it crazy that our total cap hit for our starting OL is 13.3mil.... compare that to 42 mil for the Texans starters

The Texans Oline is middle of the pack. Most here in Houston say they are bad. Cap hit isn’t how you judge an OLine. CJ Stroud is just very very good.

Yeah, he did all of that when he had someone supplying him Derrick Henry, AJ Brown, Jeffrey Simmons, and just all-around great teams. Now that well has dried up and he’s getting terrible results with a middling roster. He’s in charge now, and hasn’t done nearly enough to be given the power he has. He thinks he’s Belichick, Reid, or Carrol and he ain’t.

Why do you say he is in charge now? How do you know how much power he has? Why do you think he thinks he is Bill Andy or Pete ? Y’all just make this shit up.

Ran has only been here 1 season (draft). It took JRob 3 years/ drafts to destroy this team. It’s going to take a minute to rebuild it. If Levis is the truth and coupled with the available cap money they could rebound in 1 season.

Again, even Bill, Andy and Pete don’t win without great QBs.

But let’s look at where Vrabel is after first 5 full years as a HC.

Bill B. 36-44 No AFC CG or Division titles
Pete C. 40-40. No NFC/AFC CG. 2 Division titles
Andy R. 51-29. 3 NFC CG 3 Division Titles

Mike V. 48-34. 1 AFC CG. 2 Division Titles

I’d say he is better than Bill or Pete and damn close to Andy.

Why do you say he is in charge now? How do you know how much power he has? Why do you think he thinks he is Bill Andy or Pete ? Y’all just make this **** up.

Ran has only been here 1 season (draft). It took JRob 3 years/ drafts to destroy this team. It’s going to take a minute to rebuild it. If Levis is the truth and coupled with the available cap money they could rebound in 1 season.

Again, even Bill, Andy and Pete don’t win without great QBs.

But let’s look at where Vrabel is after first 5 full years as a HC.

Bill B. 36-44 No AFC CG or Division titles
Pete C. 40-40. No NFC/AFC CG. 2 Division titles
Andy R. 51-29. 3 NFC CG 3 Division Titles

Mike V. 48-34. 1 AFC CG. 2 Division Titles

I’d say he is better than Bill or Pete and damn close to Andy.
Vrabel walked on to a team that was trending up just need a reliable QB, got Tanny and Henry was in his prime. When Billy B went to NE that team had been to the playoff 4 times and were a middle of the road type of team. Prior to Reid going to the eagles they were a shit team. Pete inherited a bad Seahawks team.

Reid has his teams consistently in the playoffs, Mahomes helps but he did it for years with Alex Smith.

Billy B had Brady and built good defenses over years you know the rest.

Pete built a team that was consently going to the playoffs shortly after taking over and won a SB.

The common denominator of those coaches were the fact their teams began to trend up and stayed up. Now Vrabel had success early on a team that had a culture change beginning to take shape thanks to Mularky and pieces already in place to be successful. Just needed better QB play and ride primetime Henry for the wins.

Where is the team currently trending now? Down. Lost talent that helped with early success and so far has failed to replace said talent. That's on Vrabel and JRob. Can Ran right the ship? Time will tell.

Stroud was 16 of 24 for 140 yards and 0 touchdowns a week ago in a loss to a terrible Carolina team. One game against a bottom rung Tampa defense does not prove Stroud is the second coming of Brady.

Dude. Not even close to what I said. I said he was very very good and he is. I didn’t say he was Brady. But he is having a very good year. In fact a lot better than Brady’s first year with a worse roster. To argue otherwise is just stupid.

Stroud was 16 of 24 for 140 yards and 0 touchdowns a week ago in a loss to a terrible Carolina team. One game against a bottom rung Tampa defense does not prove Stroud is the second coming of Brady.
His 14:1 TD /INT ratio is pretty good. He’s got some no name WR. It doesn’t mean Brady, but he’s playing very well and more importantly safe with no TO.

If we must make the comparison, that is pretty much what Brady did his first couple years. Nothing real flashy, don’t turn the ball over, the D played tough and they won SB.

3qzg9h.jpg

That’s such BS. He wasn’t ruined. He got old. They ran an offense with Henry, which all of you want. If they don’t use him your are mad. If they use him he ruins QBs. Make up your mind.

soooo....

Vrabel succumbed to peer pressure and named L8 starter.... thought that was ultimate disrespect or something???

Or he just watched Levis play vs what Tannehill has done and decided he better try to save his job by going with the guy playing better. Who says he was pressured in to it?

mariota was bad before vrabel even showed up. mariota has nothing to do with vrabel other than vrabel is the one who ultimately sacked him.

and tannehill just had an outlier year on the back of a historic run game, i guess we cant credit that to vrabel?? he was never more than mid though, and is now aging out. calling an aging middling players regression because of the coach is silly. he was never that guy and vrabel certainly was not around in the "coach him up" phase of his career.

Marcus was ruined by injury yips before Vrabel got here. Tannehill benefitted by have Arthur Smith as OC, AND had AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, Corey Davis, Kalif Raymond, AND Derrick Henry with a better offensive line. It's too simple just to throw Tannehill under the bus- a lot of good (and at least one great) player was shown the exit door in order to pay the starters they kept, including Lewan and Tannehill. Once the weapon pool and protection was watered down Tannehill was bound to get injured. This season he looked a lot like Mariota looked after the injuries under Wissenhunt. Serious yips.The injuries under Downing caught up with him.

Marcus was ruined by injury yips before Vrabel got here. Tannehill benefitted by have Arthur Smith as OC, AND had AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, Corey Davis, Kalif Raymond, AND Derrick Henry with a better offensive line. It's too simple just to throw Tannehill under the bus- a lot of good (and at least one great) player was shown the exit door in order to pay the starters they kept, including Lewan and Tannehill. Once the weapon pool and protection was watered down Tannehill was bound to get injured. This season he looked a lot like Mariota looked after the injuries under Wissenhunt. Serious yips.The injuries under Downing caught up with him.
Think it’s mostly OL, but can’t disagree. Tammy looked gun shy.

I am really concerned with keeping Levis healthy behind this horrid O Line. Levis is built but no QB can take hit after hit after hit.

I am really concerned with keeping Levis healthy behind this horrid O Line. Levis is built but no QB can take hit after hit after hit.
Levis came up hurt I believe in the first game. He stayed in and played well...but still concerning when he's getting hit in 50% of his drop backs.

Levis came up hurt I believe in the first game. He stayed in and played well...but still concerning when he's getting hit in 50% of his drop backs.
and he clearly still has some sort of turf toe injury. it lingered in preseason and he's showing up on the injury report with a foot problem again. probably wont be fully right til next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back