Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, but he should have been picked like 6 times today. If he hadn't been getting crazy lucky the past two weeks ppl would be calling for his head.

Of course this isn't all on him, the oline is ass, our receivers are bad, tim Kelly sucks, and the Buccs and Steelers are pretty good on D. But ppl have been confident in saying he's a franchise QB. It's way too early for that.

I didn't want to see him this year because I don't want him getting David Carr'd behind that line.

I said after game one that he was going to come back down to earth. But tbh I think the fall has been greater than at least I expected. He throws up some awful balls and has just had crazy good int luck so far.

He's a gunslinger and that's fine but either he needs to learn to protect the ball, or we have to lean into his aggression and take the good with the bad.

Being a run first, grind it out team with mayonaisa Favre isn't going to work.

I agree

We run a west coast offense, not good for a gunslinger. That requires someone is is rigid and precise. Levis is better suited to something like the Coryell/Joe Gibbs offense.

That offense also requires better pass protection as the QB tends to hold the ball longer

I agree

We run a west coast offense, not good for a gunslinger. That requires someone is is rigid and precise. Levis is better suited to something like the Coryell/Joe Gibbs offense.

That offense also requires better pass protection as the QB tends to hold the ball longer

Air Coryell is the original West Coast offense.

We don’t run a west coast offense. We run a Shanahan style offense. Tim Kelly would love to run a West Coast and I think we will eventually.

We don’t run a west coast offense. We run a Shanahan style offense. Tim Kelly would love to run a West Coast and I think we will eventually.
Past eventually bubba. Kong past it… rolling barrels at this point. That gorilla got spanked.

I don't think we run either. We ran a Shanahan style under LaFleur and Arthur Smith. Tim Kelly comes straight from the Bill O'Brien Erhardt Perkins tree (also known as the New England system).

We transitioned to it during the Todd Downing years. It features play action passing, empty backfields, and multidimensional players (WRs that can run block, RBs and TEs that can catch) to try to trick defenses by running out of 11 personnel and throwing out of 12, 21, 22, etc.

Vrabel loves that 1990s-2000s Belichick crap but unless your QB is Tom Brady and your defense elite it's not really that good. Having a signal caller who can occasionally run a no huddle and adjust the offense on the fly when he sees advantages against the defense makes or breaks the system imo.

At least we know if Levis survives this season behind that porous line that he's the opposite of Jake Locker durability wise and we can count on him in the future to stay healthy.

Levis has been a hot mess so far, but there’s literally no point in going back to Tannehill, Tannehill doesn’t make this team any better and is on the downside of his career. If the season is already lost, just let Levis sling it, don’t restrict him, let him make mistakes so we can get a full assessment on how good he really can be.

Is there anyone arguing THill goes back in?

seems like some arguments against no one.

the only understandable argument was to let THill take the inevitable beating the OL gives him. Levis just needs to be tough and hopefully not get David Carr’d

LOL, I call it the original west coast offense too. Very different though from the actual west coast O.

The Shanahan O is a West Coast O variant.

Short exert but this is painful. Just because he's gotten lucky doesn't mean he's done a good job of protecting the ball. Levis should have like 10 int by now.
I like Levis, but it is true. I have never seen so many passes bounce of DBs hands like I have seen in the past 3 Levis games. Luck counts, so if the trend continues, I am all for it. I don't expect luck to last long though, at some point those are turning into INTs.

Short exert but this is painful. Just because he's gotten lucky doesn't mean he's done a good job of protecting the ball. Levis should have like 10 int by now.

He should have more, but not 10. Some of those dropped INTs happened in the same series. LOL. In fairness most of them are occurring late when he is absolutely forcing throws he normally wouldn’t.

I like Levis, but it is true. I have never seen so many passes bounce of DBs hands like I have seen in the past 3 Levis games. Luck counts, so if the trend continues, I am all for it. I don't expect luck to last long though, at some point those are turning into INTs.
Throw hard, WRs catch. CBS don’t. That’s why they are WRs. Stop ball busting Levis. It is what it is. He’ll have some INTs like every other rookie QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back