Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I can agree the NEED is definitely more than 1 thing, I disagree with some of these.
I think 1 WR will do fine.
Hopkins can be re-signed (if he’s willing), Philips seems alright, Moore is showing up a little, NWI is a fine #3-4.
Not sure we don’t need 2 TE. Are any on the roster any good?

CB is a tricky one. I don’t know how much they stink because of a D strategy dead set on keeping them out of position. Vrabel has always had secondary issues subtract 1 weird year in 2019.
Fulton sucks, I think Molden is ok, not a “shut down” guy. I think McCreary is salvageable, also not shut down.
Maybe with a different strategy, the secondary isn’t as bad, just don’t know who is good.

definitely need a tackling machine ILB or 2. Tackling has just been such s**t.

C, LT, RT currently don’t look great but Radunz and Hubbard may be ok if the position is pushed for another year. C cannot stay Brewer. Levin isn’t it either. There needs to be a different guy there, that’s why it’s my #1 need.

I hate to say PR is a luxury. Titans may have to settle and hopefully it’s a guy who can catch punts and understand where the 10 yard line is. That’s it for required.

you listed (joking or not) 12 players. Even with the money available, we’re not getting 12 holes filled :)rimshot:)
Gotta determine biggest needs, who is available via FA and what is in the draft.

Yup, which is why I believe next year may be a wash too..... We can probably nail down a few most expensive options FA (we officially are going to have to JAGUAR FA now, especially offensive players -- we have been an offensive stalemate for nearly 3 years now....) but with our missing more than hitting on draft picks..... we may get 2 in the draft.......

As for WR -- Burks is a bust, and can never be trusted. Kyle Phillips is in the same boat, hopefully his trending upwards holds, and any and all veterans we bring in to sample leadership -- are royal BUDDY CHEEKS..... at least not named Nuke.

Yup, which is why I believe next year may be a wash too..... We can probably nail down a few most expensive options FA (we officially are going to have to JAGUAR FA now, especially offensive players -- we have been an offensive stalemate for nearly 3 years now....) but with our missing more than hitting on draft picks..... we may get 2 in the draft.......

As for WR -- Burks is a bust, and can never be trusted. Kyle Phillips is in the same boat, hopefully his trending upwards holds, and any and all veterans we bring in to sample leadership -- are royal BUDDY CHEEKS..... at least not named Nuke.
There is no model of success that comes from copying anything tarpkittie.

lots of money is good, spend some on points of need, do not attempt to be offseason champs, just fill the holes and improve.

There is no model of success that comes from copying anything tarpkittie.

lots of money is good, spend some on points of need, do not attempt to be offseason champs, just fill the holes and improve.

Oh I agree, but until our draft track record improves -- we need to throw out a couple blank checks... unless we want 22 mitch t firkins' playing ball for us.

Baltimore Raven Derrick Mason? And if ANYONE was cursed, it was Pacman while he was on the Titans. We should have drafted Aaron Rodgers instead.

Uhh Mason was already a good player and a good returner before he went to the Ravens. 22 other teams besides us also passed on Rodgers. We still had McNair was only 31 or 32 at that time. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, we could also say we should have drafted Moss instead of Dyson, which you could argue was the bigger blunder since they were both receivers.

We could have drafted Cutler instead of Young and probably won a championship in 08. This team history has a ton of what could have happened.

Uhh Mason was already a good player and a good returner before he went to the Ravens. 22 other teams besides us also passed on Rodgers. We still had McNair was only 31 or 32 at that time. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, we could also say we should have drafted Moss instead of Dyson, which you could argue was the bigger blunder since they were both receivers.

Not taking moss was the stupidest decision ever. But would he have flourished in a run first offense like he did in min with culpepper and carter?... that's the other side of things...​

I've never once disputed that Derrick Mason wasn't a good player or even a good returner, but it svcks that one of our best players in franchise history ended up still being really good for one of our most hated conference rivals, the Baltimore Ravens. If you're ok with that, great, kudos to you, but to me, that still stings a little - hence the CURSE. And yes, we did still have McNair, he literally played one more season for the Titans. And of course we're talking in hindsight since we obviously did not draft Aaron Rodgers, and I completely agree that we should have drafted Randy Moss.

We could have drafted Cutler instead of Young and probably won a championship in 08. This team history has a ton of what could have happened.

We were all set up to draft Matt Leinart out of USC instead of Young. At the time I really loved Vince and while he did have some exciting times as our QB, there's a part of me that wonders what might have been had we selected Matt. We would have had LenDale AND Norm Chow, his college OC in place. Would love to see how that would have played out.

We were all set up to draft Matt Leinart out of USC instead of Young. At the time I really loved Vince and while he did have some exciting times as our QB, there's a part of me that wonders what might have been had we selected Matt. We would have had LenDale AND Norm Chow, his college OC in place. Would love to see how that would have played out.

I'm not completely sure you can say that we would've drafted LenDale had we drafted Leinart. I think he was solely drafted to compliment Young.

Remember we were seconds away from selecting Devin Hester but in the last second they went with LenDale.

I was rooting for leinart all the way. Different circumstances maybe, but probably wrong on my part.
Never wanted VY. It was easy to see what he was doing in college wouldn’t translate the the NFL.

Is your opinion on him being inaccurate the eye test? Your post is the first time I’ve seen or heard anyone say a word about him having an accuracy issue.
I said it on here right after the Atlanta game. I love a lot of what I see from Levis. His poise, ability to move in the pocket, arm strength, quick release, willingness to take a shot. I think he can be the real deal, and I’m admitting I was wrong about him when we drafted him. But, he is inaccurate. It’s not something that will break him, but he has to improve. He’s had some amazing throws (like that TD pass to NWI), but more often than not, his throws are just a bit off. Hopefully, he can clean that up.

When we finally have an O-Line that'll give him more than almost 2 seconds. We'll see how good he can really be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two years ago and early last year we had a run game, a defense that stopped the run, a tough team that came up with key plays /stops when needed. All we were missing was a deep threat. We needed somebody to be able to throw and catch that long pass to open up the rest of the run/short game.

This year we have the throw and catch.... but apparently lost everything else. Just shoot me.

I've never once disputed that Derrick Mason wasn't a good player or even a good returner, but it svcks that one of our best players in franchise history ended up still being really good for one of our most hated conference rivals, the Baltimore Ravens. If you're ok with that, great, kudos to you, but to me, that still stings a little - hence the CURSE. And yes, we did still have McNair, he literally played one more season for the Titans. And of course we're talking in hindsight since we obviously did not draft Aaron Rodgers, and I completely agree that we should have drafted Randy Moss.

Could you blame McNair though? If you recall, our front office had a falling out with McNair and banned him from the facility. I get it was a business decision, but you don’t treat your most iconic and beloved figure in franchise history like that.

Even in hindsight, VY had the biggest upside out of Leinart and Cutler, so it was the right pick. No one could have predicted VY’s mental breakdown pre-draft. The blame also falls on Fisher to be honest, it was obvious Fisher never had his back and was never his quarterback. If you take a QB 3rd overall to be your franchise player, you build an offense specifically that plays to his strengths and we didn’t do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back