Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry used to be a major liability in pass protection. He’s been much better since we started using him in wildcat after Mariota went down last season. I believe the coaches helped him along and playing wildcat helped him with presnap reads.

Henry used to be a major liability in pass protection. He’s been much better since we started using him in wildcat after Mariota went down last season. I believe the coaches helped him along and playing wildcat helped him with presnap reads.
No, Henry was never a "major liability" in pass protection. Another false narrative created by a handful of people and parroted like it was a truth....

2 sacks given up his entire career....

yes, he sucks in pass protection....

or people are idiots and just start saying things and sometimes the stupid things they say stick and other people start running around like a bunch of mockingbirds twirping the same song.

If we can get a deal for Lewan like the Dolphins did for Tunsil, Id def pull the plug.
As far as I am concerned, the Lewan contract was one of the worst we have made as a franchise. Especially now that we potentially can have a really good team and instead we have a super large chunk of cap space invested into a slightly above average player.

As far as I am concerned, the Lewan contract was one of the worst we have made as a franchise. Especially now that we potentially can have a really good team and instead we have a super large chunk of cap space invested into a slightly above average player.
Raiders gave their RT a worse deal than Lewans, which makes me feel better about things

So....basically I’ve been saying the same about SOQFG for years

I’m gonna stick by my man Lewan here.
I think he will prove worthy of the contract he got (or at least close to it).

He has to learn from his mistakes, I think he will as he continues to mature.

He’s not the first player to be immature then turn it around after a few years in the league. I think he will, especially as we get more consistent QB play and win more games.

So overrated by this fan base....sooooooo overrated
It is funny that you say "this fan base". Even you have to know that Casey has been considered a top DLineman across the NFL for a long time. Yes, he is not as good as he used to be, but there was a time when he was good. To say anything else is foolish.

No, Henry was never a "major liability" in pass protection. Another false narrative created by a handful of people and parroted like it was a truth....

2 sacks given up his entire career....

yes, he sucks in pass protection....

or people are idiots and just start saying things and sometimes the stupid things they say stick and other people start running around like a bunch of mockingbirds twirping the same song.

:bs:

Yeah, I’m not going to backtrack over his entire career to point out all the blocks he whiffed on but I know what I saw and there’s a reason Dion Lewis got so many carries in the first half of last season.

It is funny that you say "this fan base". Even you have to know that Casey has been considered a top DLineman across the NFL for a long time. Yes, he is not as good as he used to be, but there was a time when he was good. To say anything else is foolish.
Try reading what I type instead of assuming what I mean. SOQFG has not been a top dline an for 3 plus seasons...to say that he has been would be foolish.

Lewis hurts the case on Henry’s blocking. On obvious pass downs, Lewis is always in there.

That’s either a hands thing or a blocking thing.

Or maybe the team just given him plays off to rest up. We run him him a lot, and the offense runs through him. Gotta take a break at some point, often when the game is on the line as of late he's still in there.

I think there is no way you don't sign him.

Or maybe the team just given him plays off to rest up. We run him him a lot, and the offense runs through him. Gotta take a break at some point, often when the game is on the line as of late he's still in there.

I think there is no way you don't sign him.
Awfully coincidental his breathers come on 3rd down and obvious passing downs.

I’m ready to see him every down and reach 20-25 carries a game. By all means, test out his hands too.

This year is easily his most utilized.
And yes. Pay him. That comment was more regarding how much to pay him.
I don’t think he should be the top paid back

I’m ready to see him every down and reach 20-25 carries a game. By all means, test out his hands too.

Yeah I think it's tough not too though. Since his monster game against the Jags a year ago there really haven't been a better back.

I never care much for Henry because I always felt that he tried to run around people instead of through them. He didnt know what he game should have been. Was so glad when Eddie spoke to him and he started running angry. Either way right now it's good to pay him top money team wise. You figure most of the good players on the team are already paid. We will probably extend Tannehill, and the current players are budding. Point is RBs rarely make it to that third contract unless the HOF, so right now is the best time. By the time he gets out his second contract the budding guys will be up next.

I see your point...however...He has shown some ability with screen passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back