Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how we don't resign him, unless he and his agent are looking for him to be the highest paid RB and I just don't see that tbh. Other than his fumble he was money today

Derrick Henry (@KingHenry_2) has 1,725 yards & 18 rush TD over his last 16 games.
The last player to rush for 1,700+ yds & 18+ TD over a 16-game span was former @Titans RB @ChrisJohnson28, who rushed for 2,006 yards & 19 TD from Week 8, 2009 to Week 6, 2010.

giphy.gif

I'd say pay him for what he can do for the next 4 years... We all know we're not getting any value from him outside of 4 years.

He was valuable today and did HIS JOB.

The last 17 games of the NFL, he's been the best RB in the NFL.

#payhim

I say pay him...he is still young at 25, just coming into his prime really. A 4 year deal still has him less than 30 at the end of it. Besides, he's a different kind of back, he isn't elusive or quick....so I don't really see a fall off as he ages from that stand point. He fits what the TIts like to do with the running game.

Derrick Henry is on pace for the 2nd best single season for #Titans RBs.

1. 2,006 - Chris Johnson (2009)
2. 1,509 - Eddie George (2000)

Henry has 1,140 yards thru 12 games (projected to finish with 1,520).

Per AToZ

Per AToZ
I will be surprised if he doesn't easily pass Eddie...would have to go on an INSANE run the last four games to approach CJ....would have to average 217 yards per game the last month.

He has the schedule to break Eddies, I’ll admit I was wrong about DH. Big man has really come into his own this year.

I still think we should give him a three year deal, no more.

Per AToZ
The cool thing is I don’t know anyone that would be happier than Eddie G if Henry passed him.

He has the schedule to break Eddies, I’ll admit I was wrong about DH. Big man has really come into his own this year.

I still think we should give him a three year deal, no more.

You're not the only one, I, was a big Henry hater as Ive never really liked his talent. But he has proven me wrong all year. Hopefully he continues.

And again, I’m not saying his contract should be as big as Elliott’s, but if you look at Elliott’s contract, there are outs with cap savings in year four. A long term contract with some outs wouldn’t be bad.

That said, I do think a shorter term contract would be better for Henry himself. Players go after long term contracts because they want that huge signing bonus. But a shorter contract gives Henry the best chance at that coveted 3rd contract. He’s young and he’s built for the game. He should still be in his prime in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back