Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He touched the ball over 600 times in college. More than 400 in his final year. Let's not delude ourselves into the idea that he has no wear and tear on this body.
And about 700 thus far in this pro career. Since he became the starter last season he has had 421 carries for 2050 yards and a 4.9 average in 27 games....averaging less than 15 carries per game. Hardly over use.

I agree with everything you said, but it's more than paying 1 player. Quite recently JR made Byard the highest paid safety in the league. Lewan the highest paid LT. And will possibly extend Henry and Tannehill for good money. This team has some pretty big contacts on the books. That said, I still resign Tannehill and Henry, I feel you have to. If Conklin wants LT money, gotta let him walk. I like him, but don't think he's worth that much. I'd rather resign Ryan.

I'd love for JR to be able to spin it as they've built a family, and their Super Bowl window is open to get these guys to give a bit of a home town discount. I feel a couple of them might. They always stood behind Conklin, stating he was always the starting RT regardless of media and fan chatter. I hope that pays dividends come contract negotiations.

View attachment 16710

Wake, Walker and Humphries can be cut for about $22mil in space. I'd be ok with that. Walker would be the only one I'd be on the fence about.. but he's not getting any younger and that ankle injury is still bothering him so I could see him being cut.

View attachment 16710

Wake, Walker and Humphries can be cut for about $22mil in space. I'd be ok with that. Walker would be the only one I'd be on the fence about.. but he's not getting any younger and that ankle injury is still bothering him so I could see him being cut.
$18,550,000 if I did the quick math right. That's higher than I expected, and helps for sure. Can't see any of those guys being back. I know JR loves him some ex pats, but he must see Lewis doesn't offer much.

Not having to draft a QB or RB early also really lets JR load up for a run for a few years. I feel like that's the best shot at a championship, if everyone continues playing as they are of course.

If we were back in RB poverty and Henry were on any other team about to become a free agent, there would be a whole bunch of that “Wish we would sign him but we won’t because lolcheaptitans”.

I really hope he doesn’t ask for something crazy like being the highest paid, but I also hope we don’t let him walk just to keep Dion Lewis around on the cheap.

$18,550,000 if I did the quick math right. That's higher than I expected, and helps for sure. Can't see any of those guys being back. I know JR loves him some ex pats, but he must see Lewis doesn't offer much.

Not having to draft a QB or RB early also really lets JR load up for a run for a few years. I feel like that's the best shot at a championship, if everyone continues playing as they are of course.
14,750,000 + 6,700,000 isn't 18.55m. lol 21.45m or "around 22" as I said.

Looked at the top 20 rushers in the league at this point. Only 4 are over 25 and older than Henry - Carlos Hyde, Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson, Leveon Bell.

Looked at last season, and only 3 of the top 20 were over 25. Peterson, Lamar Miller, David Johnson.

14,750,000 + 6,700,000 isn't 18.55m. lol 21.45m or "around 22" as I said.
I must have misread your post originally. You're talking about cutting Humphries and not Lewis? Sorry but that seems stupid. My number was if they cut wake, Walker and Lewis. I think Humphries can be successful here now that we have a real QB, and Art has gotten slightly better at play calling.

I must have misread your post originally. You're talking about cutting Humphries and not Lewis? Sorry but that seems stupid. My number was if they cut wake, Walker and Lewis. I think Humphries can be successful here now that we have a real QB, and Art has gotten slightly better at play calling.

Oh Lewis should be gone too.

Humphries has never impressed me... I don't know why everyone is so high on him. I'd rather the 7 mil in cap space be used to keep other players around.

Oh Lewis should be gone too.

Humphries has never impressed me... I don't know why everyone is so high on him. I'd rather the 7 mil in cap space be used to keep other players around.
Does every person on this team have to impress you before you consider them worth holding onto?

Absolutely nobody is suggesting we "dump" Henry. People are just saying there is a price point at which it would be foolish to keep him.

Someone is suggesting we eat dead money to cut our reception leader. And have recently suggested we cut Casey, Lewan, Malcolm Butler, etc.

Someone is suggesting we eat dead money to cut our reception leader. And have recently suggested we cut Casey, Lewan, Malcolm Butler, etc.

Apparently overthecap had the numbers wrong or something. Just looked again and it had 7.5m dead money and 2.5m cap savings...it was the opposite on the screenshot I posted.

I was surprised to see Humphries was leading the Titans in receptions...it doesn't feel like he should be while watching the games. That's why I suggested saving 7.5 mil by cutting him.

Apparently overthecap had the numbers wrong or something. Just looked again and it had 7.5m dead money and 2.5m cap savings...it was the opposite on the screenshot I posted.

I was surprised to see Humphries was leading the Titans in receptions...it doesn't feel like he should be while watching the games. That's why I suggested saving 7.5 mil by cutting him.

His useage rates are very close to what they were with the Bucs last year. They just threw a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back