Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 4-6 RBs in the upcoming draft class that can give what Henry does and some more. This is an excellent RB class (Swift, Hubbard, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Etienne). I love watching Derrick play, but RB is very replaceable and it's not worth paying him what he will get paid.

It was fun while it lasted Derrick. Go get paid elsewhere while we give that money to OL and EDGE and go win a Super Bowl.

The problem with that is opportunity cost. Having to draft a RB early is a pick we can't use elsewhere. And I assume we also will replace Lewis.

I could see franchising henry, drafting a back, and see how both look next year.

Never pay running backs.

This has been thoroughly established over the last decade. The Rams and Cardinals would kill to get out from their deals for Todd Gurley and David Johnson right now. Ezekiel Elliott has been less efficient than Tony Pollard this season and that deal could soon look bad, too.

There is always a running back in the draft who can replace the guy you let walk.

The problem with that is opportunity cost. Having to draft a RB early is a pick we can't use elsewhere. And I assume we also will replace Lewis.

I could see franchising henry, drafting a back, and see how both look next year.
I'm down with that plan. We should be able to get a very good RB in rounds 3-5 in this class.

Never pay running backs.

This has been thoroughly established over the last decade. The Rams and Cardinals would kill to get out from their deals for Todd Gurley and David Johnson right now. Ezekiel Elliott has been less efficient than Tony Pollard this season and that deal could soon look bad, too.

There is always a running back in the draft who can replace the guy you let walk.
yes there is always a running back in the draft who can replace....

We just seem to have one hell of a hard time finding him.

Patrick Taylor is going to be a good NFL running back.

One of the big differences with Henry versus Zeke and Gurley, is Henry barely has any wear and tear.

Those other guys were majority of the offense and got used and abused.

I’d love to see a 2-3 year contract for Henry, let Lewis walk, and draft a change up back.

That would also let Henry still be pretty young to find a third payday.

There are 4-6 RBs in the upcoming draft class that can give what Henry does and some more. This is an excellent RB class (Swift, Hubbard, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Etienne). I love watching Derrick play, but RB is very replaceable and it's not worth paying him what he will get paid.

It was fun while it lasted Derrick. Go get paid elsewhere while we give that money to OL and EDGE and go win a Super Bowl.
None of those guys can give what henry gives. He's chris Johnson and Eddie combined. He can pound a team, and he can go the distance in one play.

Bottom line, regardless of contracts...

When it is announced Henry has resigned with the team, I will be happy.
If it is announced Henry is not resigning (or has signed with someone else) I will be sad.

People act like the Titans are the Patriots and can afford to let good players walk and can just throw anyone out there and win.

Finally a player worth paying and Titans fans don't want him.

Henry is finally figuring out how to use his skills and body type together...

There's plenty of fat to trim on the Titans roster to give Henry some money. Jrob is usually pretty good at getting contracts that are easy to get out of too.

People act like the Titans are the Patriots and can afford to let good players walk and can just throw anyone out there and win.

Finally a player worth paying and Titans fans don't want him.

Henry is finally figuring out how to use his skills and body type together...

There's plenty of fat to trim on the Titans roster to give Henry some money. Jrob is usually pretty good at getting contracts that are easy to get out of too.
Besides Lewis who would you cut?

Besides Lewis who would you cut?
Cam Wake - 6 million
Delanie Walker - 6 million
Dion Lewis - 4 million

Another I wouldn't cry over is not signing Conk to a big contract...I think he's more easily replaced than Henry.

These were mentioned in another thread.

Wake, who really cares.
Walker is a tough one, but he might not ever be the same
Lewis is useless.

I'm sure there are some more cuts and even more that can walk to save a few mil here and there.

Not like every bit of a players contract is on the books right away.. they structure contracts to kick the cap hit down the road anyway.

Every other team seems to pay multiple players huge money, but the Titans can't afford to pay 1 player that produces?

Cam Wake - 6 million
Delanie Walker - 6 million
Dion Lewis - 4 million

Another I wouldn't cry over is not signing Conk to a big contract...I think he's more easily replaced than Henry.

These were mentioned in another thread.

Wake, who really cares.
Walker is a tough one, but he might not ever be the same
Lewis is useless.

I'm sure there are some more cuts and even more that can walk to save a few mil here and there.

Not like every bit of a players contract is on the books right away.. they structure contracts to kick the cap hit down the road anyway.

Every other team seems to pay multiple players huge money, but the Titans can't afford to pay 1 player that produces?
I agree with everything you said, but it's more than paying 1 player. Quite recently JR made Byard the highest paid safety in the league. Lewan the highest paid LT. And will possibly extend Henry and Tannehill for good money. This team has some pretty big contacts on the books. That said, I still resign Tannehill and Henry, I feel you have to. If Conklin wants LT money, gotta let him walk. I like him, but don't think he's worth that much. I'd rather resign Ryan.

I'd love for JR to be able to spin it as they've built a family, and their Super Bowl window is open to get these guys to give a bit of a home town discount. I feel a couple of them might. They always stood behind Conklin, stating he was always the starting RT regardless of media and fan chatter. I hope that pays dividends come contract negotiations.

I've seen national media question the market of Henry, saying there really hasn't been a top tier runner that can't block or run routes.... and that may make it tough to pull a big check.

...or it may not.

One of the big differences with Henry versus Zeke and Gurley, is Henry barely has any wear and tear.

He touched the ball over 600 times in college. More than 400 in his final year. Let's not delude ourselves into the idea that he has no wear and tear on this body.

He touched the ball over 600 times in college. More than 400 in his final year. Let's not delude ourselves into the idea that he has no wear and tear on this body.

Yes, but since coming into the league, where your body gets beat up even more. He doesn't have that wear and tear from like Zeke and Gurley do.

He's what, 4 years removed from college now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back