Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lets blitzers crush our franchise QB. Then our franchise QB gets lonely and sad and he have to search for a new franchise QB. Then we have to trade for Tammy. And now he lets blitzers crush our franchise Tammy.
I have seen him make plenty of blocks this season. I think it is one of those stereotypes "Henry sucks in the passing game" and that becomes the "truth", even though it is not the truth.

It'll be, at least, a four-year deal. Thing is, it'll be structured so the Titans can move on sooner. What Henry will be looking at is guaranteed money.

This is my main concern.

I care less about the length, and more about how easily it is to get out of the contract when we need to.

I dont think the length of a 4 year contract should concern us. Overall Henry has had limited carries in the NFL. It isn't like he has been running 20+ a game for 4 straight seasons. He has plenty of miles left.

OKAY, to those concerned about the length of the next contract...BDH has YET to be injured in any significant way. Secondly, I get the concern about how RB's age typically...but BDH isn't a typical back. He isn't really quick now, not shifty now, I don't think a little age on him will actually change his production. As someone stated...he's sort of a gimmick back...that gimmick just happens to be being 6 foot 3 and nearly 250 pound of LOAD. SIGN THE MAN long term.
I think he’s also been under utilized his first couple years keeping any concern for mileage down.

I'm curious why so many people don't want to resign and pay our most productive player on offense? If it wasn't for his performance the last 2 weeks we would have easily lost, 2 TDs in each of those games. He'll be even more productive with an upgraded O line.
I think most people want to re sign but just don’t want to break the bank.

He's had twice as many plays of 60+ yards as any other RB over the past 3 years. He's one of the best, if not the best red zone RB in the league , and he's an RB to have at the end of the year as it and gets colder and defenses begin to wear down. It is nearly impossible to replicate that home run ability and the sheer mental/physical effect that he has on defenders who have to tackle him throughout the entirety of a game.

I’m all for signing him for a nice payday and keeping here long term. As long as it’s reasonable, I don’t think hes worth one of those crazy $10-$14 million deals though.

I’m all for signing him for a nice payday and keeping here long term. As long as it’s reasonable, I don’t think hes worth one of those crazy $10-$14 million deals though.
I think they were all foolish to pay that much for a rb. Unfortunately, a few teams did, now RBs are going to want to get paid. I do want to keep Henry. I think he is a good RB with moments of being a great RB, of course some pretty bad moments as well, but it more than balances out.

Big list of FA this year.

Tannehill - gonna get paid
Henry - gonna get paid
Ryan - gonna get paid
Conklin
Tajae
Firkser
Woodyard
Kelly
Sims

Personally I like all these guys.

Big list of FA this year.

Tannehill - gonna get paid
Henry - gonna get paid
Ryan - gonna get paid
Conklin
Tajae
Firkser
Woodyard
Kelly
Sims

Personally I like all these guys.

Cant keep em all. I see woodyard, Sharpe, and Sims out.

Could see DW being let go and firk staying as te2

I don’t think anything fishy about DW....he had a horrific broken ankle and he just isn’t back to normal and may never be...I agree that he will be gone after this yr....we move forward with what we currently have...IMO even without Walker our TE group has played very well

I don’t think anything fishy about DW....he had a horrific broken ankle and he just isn’t back to normal and may never be...I agree that he will be gone after this yr....we move forward with what we currently have...IMO even without Walker our TE group has played very well
I think he was pi$$ed the offense was trash his first few games and is probably happy it’s turned around but notices it’s without him. I think he also knows he’s gone.

I’ll be sad to see him go but age and cost mixed with valid replacement spells the end here.

No brainer to resign Henry. Key will be in the details though as I understand some concern about overpaying RBs. He has 100% earnt a second contract here though and we are dependent on him more than most teams are dependent on their RB.

He is also a great team guy, injury free, out of trouble and quickly becoming the ‘face of the franchise’ offensively so from a business decision it’s also logical for management to keep him.

To the “just draft a guy in next years draft” people, yeah that is an easy thing to do... more likely to end up with another Bishop Sankey while watching Henry dominate elsewhere in his prime.

158/188 of Henry’s yards last week came after contact. He is a unique bruiser with regards to size & speed. Expecting a rookie to match the production of our best offensive player is completely unrealistic.

I think he was pi$$ed the offense was trash his first few games and is probably happy it’s turned around but notices it’s without him. I think he also knows he’s gone.

I’ll be sad to see him go but age and cost mixed with valid replacement spells the end here.
Everything seemed mostly ok until Mariota was benched. He seemed to take that personal for some reason.

Everything seemed mostly ok until Mariota was benched. He seemed to take that personal for some reason.

It seemed a lot of the receiving core didn’t feel it was Mariota that was the main issue.

Hump, AJ, and DW were all supportive of Mariota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back