Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind of suprised that the guy who was responsible for a 75 yard screen for a TD is considered bad in the passing game. If anything I want to see more thrown to him.

He lets blitzers crush our franchise QB. Then our franchise QB gets lonely and sad and he have to search for a new franchise QB. Then we have to trade for Tammy. And now he lets blitzers crush our franchise Tammy.

A year ago, I think the Titans would have traded him for a late-round pick.

There are a lot of players who will need new deals and few teams give big ones to RBs anymore.

Should the Titans pay Henry?

I can't see paying a RB more than 7 million per. It's just too easy to find a quality RB. May be I'd sign the elite of the elite like, Zeke or McCaffrey, but not Henry.

Lamar Miller got 4/26 from Houston in 2016. That seems about right for Henry, plus factoring in a little inflation. If he's willing to do 4/30 or somewhere along those lines, sign me up. If not, he can walk.

I'm curious why so many people don't want to resign and pay our most productive player on offense? If it wasn't for his performance the last 2 weeks we would have easily lost, 2 TDs in each of those games. He'll be even more productive with an upgraded O line.

Yes you absolutely do. He's durable. Besides him and Ryan and Tannehill, who else needs to get paid? Draft a RT, get another pass rusher in the draft, and find a complimentary RB mid to late round.
Ryan but with the cap going up and not having 2 pay mary it should be doable

I love Derrick Henry and want him to be part of this team for the rest of his career. That said, RB is the least consequential position on the team and we do not need to allocate a large chunk of salary to a replaceable position. We need to build this team to be able to pass and stop the pass if we want to succeed.

Not like we're going to have to pay a QB franchise money for the next few years, might as well spend some on a player we know is good. Henry is a leader in the locker room and an absolute load.

Draft another RB in the middle/late rounds to compliment him, and we'll be good to go.

I'm curious why so many people don't want to resign and pay our most productive player on offense? If it wasn't for his performance the last 2 weeks we would have easily lost, 2 TDs in each of those games. He'll be even more productive with an upgraded O line.
Look at the poll, it's only like 5 people who don't want to pay him. Just a vocal minority.

I’d consider that third year easily cut able. That usually how most deals are structured
If he was a rookie, then 3 years is short-term... but we're talking about a RB on his 4th year, extending him another 3 is almost a life-sentence.

I'd definitely consider his next contract or extension to be longterm. Unless it's a 1 year, of course.

OKAY, to those concerned about the length of the next contract...BDH has YET to be injured in any significant way. Secondly, I get the concern about how RB's age typically...but BDH isn't a typical back. He isn't really quick now, not shifty now, I don't think a little age on him will actually change his production. As someone stated...he's sort of a gimmick back...that gimmick just happens to be being 6 foot 3 and nearly 250 pound of LOAD. SIGN THE MAN long term.

It'll be, at least, a four-year deal. Thing is, it'll be structured so the Titans can move on sooner. What Henry will be looking at is guaranteed money.

It'll be, at least, a four-year deal. Thing is, it'll be structured so the Titans can move on sooner. What Henry will be looking at is guaranteed money.

8 mill a year guaranteed incentives to make it up to 10 mill a year if he hits 1k. 3 year with option for fourth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back