Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think it's tough not too though. Since his monster game against the Jags a year ago there really haven't been a better back.

I never care much for Henry because I always felt that he tried to run around people instead of through them. He didnt know what he game should have been. Was so glad when Eddie spoke to him and he started running angry. Either way right now it's good to pay him top money team wise. You figure most of the good players on the team are already paid. We will probably extend Tannehill, and the current players are budding. Point is RBs rarely make it to that third contract unless the HOF, so right now is the best time. By the time he gets out his second contract the budding guys will be up next.
My point also, he's still young, even on a 5 year deal he would just be 30 when it finishes...historically that is the beginning of the end for RB's.

I am leaning more and more to no. If we sign Tannehill and Henry, we will not have much cap room left. We still need to figure out RT and what do you do with Logan Ryan? In my book Henry is far easier to replace than Ryan and for a lot less money. You can get a good and cheap replacement for Henry in the draft and have the necessary capital to figure out RT and/or Ryan.

I am leaning more and more to no. If we sign Tannehill and Henry, we will not have much cap room left. We still need to figure out RT and what do you do with Logan Ryan? In my book Henry is far easier to replace than Ryan and for a lot less money. You can get a good and cheap replacement for Henry in the draft and have the necessary capital to figure out RT and/or Ryan.
What? No way, Henry is highly productive and he's a home run hitter. He can take a screen or a hand off for big plays which seems like he does weekly for the team. I want to sign Henry and he deserves to get paid

What? No way, Henry is highly productive and he's a home run hitter. He can take a screen or a hand off for big plays which seems like he does weekly for the team. I want to sign Henry and he deserves to get paid

I get it. He is good. But is he worth what it will take to sign him? It seems most teams regret resigning a RB to a second contract. And if you can a good back in the 2nd round the draft, I think it is a better use of resources.

I get it. He is good. But is he worth what it will take to sign him? It seems most teams regret resigning a RB to a second contract. And if you can a good back in the 2nd round the draft, I think it is a better use of resources.
Ok so if we let him walk who can we get to replace his production? We're in a hard spot with him and Tammy as both need to be extended

Ok so if we let him walk who can we get to replace his production? We're in a hard spot with him and Tammy as both need to be extended
D'Andre Swift, Travis Etienne, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, Jonathon Taylor, Najee Harris.

Take your pick.

What will likely happen is an extension for Tannehill for a few years and a franchise tag for Henry. Run him into the ground for another season and let him walk.

D'Andre Swift, Travis Etienne, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, Jonathon Taylor, Najee Harris.

Take your pick.

What will likely happen is an extension for Tannehill for a few years and a franchise tag for Henry. Run him into the ground for another season and let him walk.

Yep, just plug in any ol running back and they'll give you 1500 yards and 15 TDs. That's how it works...

Take your pick.

This...there are a lot of options. I may be good with a one year franchise. And draft a replacement. But we still need to lock down a RT and figure out Ryan...and other spots. Can we franchise him and still effectively deal with other needs?

He's been good almost every game this season. I don't think plugging in any back will produce the same, he's top 5 rusher.

Another back likely won’t have the same production, but it could be close enough. The question is the difference worth the money. I don’t feel it likely is.

Another back likely won’t have the same production, but it could be close enough. The question is the difference worth the money. I don’t feel it likely is.
Murray did pretty good right before Henry decided to start running.

On the flip side, Andrews, Sankey, mccluster couldn’t just walk in and break 1k, even collectively I think.

So I think a good RB could step in and do well but Possibly not as much production as Henry. Certainly don’t want a Sankey getting drafted as the replacement if we don’t sign him.

Murray did pretty good right before Henry decided to start running.

On the flip side, Andrews, Sankey, mccluster couldn’t just walk in and break 1k, even collectively I think.

So I think a good RB could step in and do well but Possibly not as much production as Henry. Certainly don’t want a Sankey getting drafted as the replacement if we don’t sign him.

Of course you don’t want to get the next Sankey. But looking at this draft class, there seem to be a lot good options.

You CAN look at free agency for running back, we don’t have to spend a pick or even a lot of money.

Jerrick McKinnion will probably be cut in SF, and will likely be cheap. Good probability he can replicate what Lewis has done as well.

You CAN look at free agency for running back, we don’t have to spend a pick or even a lot of money.

Jerrick McKinnion will probably be cut in SF, and will likely be cheap. Good probability he can replicate what Lewis has done as well.

Outside a handful of plays, you could replicate what Lewis has done.

Henry deserves a deal. The dude is top 3 and legit wins games for us. Teams have to game plan for him...More importantly, he is our identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back