Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry is the type of back that punishes defenses and gets better as the game goes on and he gets more carries. That's no secret.

Show me one example of a rookie of free agent RB replacing 1500 yards and 15 TDs while being the focal point of an offense.

Look at the top backs this season. None of them are no name backs.

This "any RB can do that" stuff is just dumb.

There are plenty of examples at every position to point to "don't pay X position" big money. So I guess no player deserves to get paid because other players on different teams didn't produce after getting paid.
I would also add that BDH just fits what the TIts want to do (although personally I would rather we pass to set up the run). It is a good fit....don't screw it up Tits.

Have you seen us without him?! Lol. What other team has a 6’3 250 lb back like him? I’ll wait....

We scored 28 points against one of the better defenses and almost won the game without him. So we might not need 6’3” 250 to be a good team. Super winner this year likely won’t have a back that big.

Henry is the type of back that punishes defenses and gets better as the game goes on and he gets more carries. That's no secret.

Show me one example of a rookie of free agent RB replacing 1500 yards and 15 TDs while being the focal point of an offense.

Look at the top backs this season. None of them are no name backs.

This "any RB can do that" stuff is just dumb.

There are plenty of examples at every position to point to "don't pay X position" big money. So I guess no player deserves to get paid because other players on different teams didn't produce after getting paid.

Very likely no one will replace his production. You are right on that, but that is not the point we who think we should move on are making. The point is the team can replace enough of the production to still be successful and make up for it by spending that money in other areas. Yes, you can spend the money and have an awesome weapon but spending that kind of money on even a great running back has been shown to be a mistake time and time again. For every example you can give where it has worked out I can give you five where it didn’t. So no one is denying how good Henry is or how unique. The point is it doesn’t matter and spending too much on him is unwise.

And yes, you let other teams foolishly overpay for players...that is how you become more successful than them. Name the top team that have foolishly over paid for players. I will wait.

You don’t give deals base on what people deserve. You give deals based on what makes you a better team in the long run. That is how the patriots have dominated this sport for 20 years. That’s it, that is all.
Thats not the only reason theyve dominated

Filming opponents sidelines, deflating footballs, and other stuff has helped them

Henry absolutely earned a second contract from us. Its good to reward home grown talents

Thats not the only reason theyve dominated

Filming opponents sidelines, deflating footballs, and other stuff has helped them

Henry absolutely earned a second contract from us. Its good to reward home grown talents

Seriously? I hope you don’t really believe that.

I am not saying he hasn’t played well enough to get one. But we don’t have to give him one. Someone will pay him. I just don’t think we should. Is the money best spent on him, or could we replace him in the draft and get better value at other places? Cool with disagreeing. It will be interesting to see what JR does. It will tell me a lot about the type of GM he is.

Seriously? I hope you don’t really believe that.

I am not saying he hasn’t played well enough to get one. But we don’t have to give him one. Someone will pay him. I just don’t think we should. Is the money best spent on him, or could we replace him in the draft and get better value at other places? Cool with disagreeing. It will be interesting to see what JR does. It will tell me a lot about the type of GM he is.
Hes going to reward the guy he drafted who has been the ONLY RB hes added whos been good

If some team will pay him $14-15 mil a year, I think we have to congratulate him and let him go. If we can get him for $9-10, I think we have to keep him. $9-10 would make him the 5th highest paid RB.

Well Murray was good for a bit.
Oh yea forgot about him. That last year of his was very forgettable.

I think at this point what Henry has done outshines Murrays 1 good yr.

Theres a lot of tread on those tires, Henry is in his prime right now.

We never push our cap to the limit, why do ppl care if we over pay? We get a top flight RB

If some team will pay him $14-15 mil a year, I think we have to congratulate him and let him go. If we can get him for $9-10, I think we have to keep him. $9-10 would make him the 5th highest paid RB.
Hes currently top 3 in yards and TDs at his position. Be ready to see him paid accordingly

Oh and he also happens to be outplaying the highest paid RBs as well

No doubt. A pick swap for a elite rusher even if for only a year was a solid move. Also let Henry rest a little after the 400carry seasons at bama.

But Henry is hands down better.

Hes currently top 3 in yards and TDs at his position. Be ready to see him paid accordingly

Oh and he also happens to be outplaying the highest paid RBs as well

Yes, he is. So I think it's very likely he gets paid. Probably just not by us. $15 mil for a RB will put us in another CJ2K position where we can no longer use free agency to fix holes in the lineup. Hate to see us go back down the path of sub 500 records for several years.

Yes, he is. So I think it's very likely he gets paid. Probably just not by us. $15 mil for a RB will put us in another CJ2K position where we can no longer use free agency to fix holes in the lineup. Hate to see us go back down the path of sub 500 records for several years.
Paying CJ was wrong only cause he floundered on contact after being paid

Henry is 247lbs, little bit different styles

We never push our cap to the limit, why do ppl care if we over pay? We get a top flight RB
Murray’s last season was only forgettable because of injuries. His first season was really good and looked even better because of that s**t RB stable of Sankey, Andrews, and Mccluster for the 2 seasons prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back