Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paying CJ was wrong only cause he floundered on contact after being paid

Henry is 247lbs, little bit different styles

Sure, but that is not the point. You over pay at the position and don’t get the same value as if you put the money to use in other places.

Titanoiler51's girl must have a thing for Henry.

LOL...she doesn’t even know who he is. Just enjoying the debate. Got a lot of free time on my hands over Christmas.

I get wanting to keep him. We probably will. Parting with him would not be an easy decision, but I just think it would be the best. I get the other side. Appreciate the discussion and back and forth. We are all just Titan fans hashing it out.

Paying CJ was wrong only cause he floundered on contact after being paid

Henry is 247lbs, little bit different styles
Cj was also a diva who looks like a mumble rapper. Henry is a humble guy. I do deduct 1mil on his contract for the giant slug attached 2 the back of his head. He might run 4.3 if he wasn't carrying that 40pound abomination on the back of his head

If you're going to pay Tannehill, you pay Henry...

Both are feasting off each others quality of play...

The fact that teams are having to respect Ryans throwing ability, plays right into Derricks ability to get downhill...

And Derricks ability to get downhill, plays right into Ryan's no look play action reads. (Moment he turns, he's firing to a route)

We saw that element fly out the window vs Saints as no one is afraid of Dion Lewis, and they were tossing him around..... setting the playaction in a bad spot

If you're going to pay Tannehill, you pay Henry...

Both are feasting off each others quality of play...

The fact that teams are having to respect Ryans throwing ability, plays right into Derricks ability to get downhill...

And Derricks ability to get downhill, plays right into Ryan's no look play action reads. (Moment he turns, he's firing to a route)

We saw that element fly out the window vs Saints as no one is afraid of Dion Lewis, and they were tossing him around..... setting the playaction in a bad spot

but the offense still put up 28 points and Tanny had a 130 QBR without Henry.....If I could only pay one then it would be Tanny without a doubt.

but the offense still put up 28 points and Tanny had a 130 QBR without Henry.....If I could only pay one then it would be Tanny without a doubt.
Always pay a QB over anything

Heres my hangup on this "RBs are a dime a dozen" thing. So are WRs, yet we have GMs more than happy to pay them upwards of 16M/yr and at best they only touch the ball 10-12x a game. Meanwhile half your offense runs thru a RB.

Bottom line: if you have a top flight RB, pay them. Theyre a fraction the price of WRs, and have a bigger influence on the game.

Tannehill had to take several sacks to avoid throwing an int.....

POINT: Tannehill had to throw more, and there was no threat at the running attack

Always pay a QB over anything

Heres my hangup on this "RBs are a dime a dozen" thing. So are WRs, yet we have GMs more than happy to pay them upwards of 16M/yr and at best they only touch the ball 10-12x a game. Meanwhile half your offense runs thru a RB.

Bottom line: if you have a top flight RB, pay them. Theyre a fraction the price of WRs, and have a bigger influence on the game.
Name a team who doesnt regret paying their "top flight" RB. You're gonna have to go back a bit.

The cap is going up to over 201 million. According to a simple google search, this site came up, Tennessee Titans Salary Cap | Over the Cap

according to their numbers the Titans have over 47 million of cap space for next season....

And with some likely cuts it is probably mid 50s. But Tannehill gets 27-30, so now you are at. 25-27 mill left. Give Henry 13-15 and you are at 10-12 left. With that you need to figure out right Tackle, you have to let Ryan walk and replace him. You have about 7-9 other roster spots to fill...and your drafted players to sign...which yes, will fill some of the open roster spots. And people here still think we gotta find a guard. How are you gonna do all that with 10-12 mill? If you sign Tanny and Henry you are totally strapped. I agree you need to sign Tannehill, but you can like find a solid replacement for Henry in this draft, which is loaded with good running backs. Then you can spend the money you save on RT, maybe a guard, your front seven, etc.

Edit: these numbers could be off because I am uncertain about what we can actually roll over from this year to next. The number a poster noted above, 61 mill, includes a 24 mill rollover from this year. I am not sure if that is right or not. Can someone confirm this? It would certainly have an impact on what we should do here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a misconception that when a contract is signed, that the cap hit is divided equally among each of the years of the contract, that is not the case.

Typically the cap hit goes up each year of the contract we only discuss contracts in a “per year” format for comparison sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back