Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt give anyone a 5 yr deal, I want to keep these guys hungry and chasing the money every year, or every other yr...

3-4 yr deals for both Tanny and Henry if Im the GM.
I agree, just making the point that he would still be under the “dreaded age 30” for running backs

He is such a rare breed. Single handedly takes over games. Pay him, add a back that could start in his place if need be that complements him well and takes some carries. 1-2 punch. If we are gonna commit to that, do it now. Imagine the fear and game planning of having to see HENRY and another stud back on a Sunday....Oh, and AJ Brown and co. Filthy!

He is such a rare breed. Single handedly takes over games. Pay him, add a back that could start in his place if need be that complements him well and takes some carries. 1-2 punch. If we are gonna commit to that, do it now. Imagine the fear and game planning of having to see HENRY and another stud back on a Sunday....Oh, and AJ Brown and co. Filthy!
Yeah the tits offense is finally beginning to be that “pick your poison “ type of thing I have always thought was possible. Put 7 or 8 in the box like Eddie would often face and tanny and company will rip you to shreds, play it straight or lean towards stopping the pass and BDH will take away your manhood....it’s fun to watch

Yeah the tits offense is finally beginning to be that “pick your poison “ type of thing I have always thought was possible. Put 7 or 8 in the box like Eddie would often face and tanny and company will rip you to shreds, play it straight or lean towards stopping the pass and BDH will take away your manhood....it’s fun to watch
But tranny sucks ans we need to resign mary to a YUUUGe contract right

This is a ridiculous thread. Of COURSE we resign Henry. Henry is a premiere power back. Do you realize how hard that is to find? And power backs tend to have their BEST years in their second contracts.

Adrian Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Jamal Lewis
Mike Alstott
Jerome Bettis
EDDIE GEORGE!

ALL had their best years in their second contracts.

We have the basis for something truly great with Tanny, Henry and Brown. Why mess with that to save some money. Ridiculous.

You don’t give deals base on what people deserve. You give deals based on what makes you a better team in the long run. That is how the patriots have dominated this sport for 20 years. That’s it, that is all.

What games have you've been watching? Henry helps this team win. Getting a OC that can dial up plays for ALL our offensive weapons is one the things that are missing. We haven't had this many playmakers since our Super Bowl run.
As far your comment regarding the Pats,man stop.

What games have you've been watching? Henry helps this team win. Getting a OC that can dial up plays for ALL our offensive weapons is one the things that are missing. We haven't had this many playmakers since our Super Bowl run.

So you don't think that Smith has been dialing up plays??? We are scoring at a tremendous rate since Tanny took over....everyone is involved....Jonnu Smith and AJ Brown with big runs and also making huge impact in passing game....Raymond, Sharpe, Humphries, Firkser and even Dennis Kelly catching TD passes...Smith is doing a very nice job of knowing when to take shots down the field and Tanny is executing at an unheard of level....got to give the OC some credit for that too

Totally agree that Henry has been great and dominant. The issue is whether RB, no matter how good, is worth the money it will take to keep him. Does the money you can’t spend now at other positions hurt you more than he helps. That is the debate. Not his greatness. And you can go ahead and disregard the Patriots and what they have done, but they are only the most successful franchise the NFL has ever seen. What other team has dominated the league for two straight decades? And have done it in a salary cap era? Yeah, what they do really doesn’t matter and teams that want to be successful should disregard it...if you really think that then you are not living in the real world.

Oh, and regarding the OC, what games have you been watching. This offense has been very successful under the current OC. His name is being brought up for head coaching jobs because of his performance.

So you don't think that Smith has been dialing up plays??? We are scoring at a tremendous rate since Tanny took over....everyone is involved....Jonnu Smith and AJ Brown with big runs and also making huge impact in passing game....Raymond, Sharpe, Humphries, Firkser and even Dennis Kelly catching TD passes...Smith is doing a very nice job of knowing when to take shots down the field and Tanny is executing at an unheard of level....got to give the OC some credit for that too

I think we could do better than Smith. A big part of our offense is due to Tannehill. Hes not scared to throw the ball and is more accurate than Mariota so basically I'm not sold that Arthur Smith is our answer at OC right now. We basically have the same players that were playing when MM8 was the starter so I cant really say Smith is the reason.

Totally agree that Henry has been great and dominant. The issue is whether RB, no matter how good, is worth the money it will take to keep him. Does the money you can’t spend now at other positions hurt you more than he helps. That is the debate. Not his greatness. And you can go ahead and disregard the Patriots and what they have done, but they are only the most successful franchise the NFL has ever seen. What other team has dominated the league for two straight decades? And have done it in a salary cap era? Yeah, what they do really doesn’t matter and teams that want to be successful should disregard it...if you really think that then you are not living in the real world.

Oh, and regarding the OC, what games have you been watching. This offense has been very successful under the current OC. His name is being brought up for head coaching jobs because of his performance.
Sooo you want to not pay a great RB, just to save money on something that doesnt need saving on?

You realize we dont need to save the money right? More than enough to go around.

Sooo you want to not pay a great RB, just to save money on something that doesnt need saving on?

You realize we dont need to save the money right? More than enough to go around.

Listen, if that is actually the case, then OK. But I am not convinced that is the case. There is a cap on what you can spend. At some point that money costs you something else. Most of the wisdom in the NFL says your resources are better spend at other positions than RB. Is RB so good he overides that wisdoms? Maybe. I am not as confident as most here.

Listen, if that is actually the case, then OK. But I am not convinced that is the case. There is a cap on what you can spend. At some point that money costs you something else. Most of the wisdom in the NFL says your resources are better spend at other positions than RB. Is RB so good he overides that wisdoms? Maybe. I am not as confident as most here.
Wisdom also says that at some point you need to spend the amount of allotted money and not always prepare for the future.

Titans are a team that always falls in the top half of salary cap availability. Why not spend the money and put together a championship caliber team.

Even if we reach salary cap issues 2-3 years down the road, it would totally be worth for 2-3 possible SB runs.
Pay Henry.

Pay THill, conk and Ryan.
Make good business decisions to sign the players needed to fix the other holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back