Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready to pay 15 mill a year...maybe more
Isn't coming out of my pocket, so I don't care. He's the best player on the team.

Again, the Titans aren't the Patriots. They can't let great players walk and just plug in anyone and succeed.

Henry doesn't just rack up stats, he wins games. No reason he shouldnt get paid just like any other difference maker.

We really haven't had that "QB" since McNair, and hence Tannehill should be the top priority... AJ Brown being that receiver we haven't had since Derrick Mason, but he's a rookie, so we won't have to worry about him for a while. As for Derrick Henry, sign him if you can, but I would not mortgage the bank for the RB position. Yes, it's great to have a really good running game, but the league has changed and RB's just aren't valued like they used to be.

My 2 cents are to Sign Tannehill and sign Henry if you can.

Isn't coming out of my pocket, so I don't care. He's the best player on the team.

Again, the Titans aren't the Patriots. They can't let great players walk and just plug in anyone and succeed.

Henry doesn't just rack up stats, he wins games. No reason he shouldnt get paid just like any other difference maker.

If you don’t think our coach and GM aspire to be the next Patriots you are crazy.

In fact the more I think about what they aspire to be the more I think they don’t resign Henry.

I don't know. Henry needs Tennessee just about as much as Titans need Henry. I wouldn't be surprised if they locked him up for somewhere closer to $12 million a year than $15 million.

I don’t think his agent will agree he needs the Titans. He is a top back and will demand top dollars. Virtually every player does and their agents see too its.

If you don’t think our coach and GM aspire to be the next Patriots you are crazy.

In fact the more I think about what they aspire to be the more I think they don’t resign Henry.

Yeah, I'm sure they're sitting around thinking "Gah, we want to be the Patriots so bad let's not re-sign our best player!". Makes sense.

Yeah, I'm sure they're sitting around thinking "Gah, we want to be the Patriots so bad let's not re-sign our best player!". Makes sense.

Yeah, that is what I was saying. That simplistic. You really don’t think these two former patriots don’t want to emulate the way NE did things? If you don’t think they are strongly influenced by NE and Bilichek in philosophy then you are fooling your self. And that will have an impact on how they think about resigning players.

Do you disagree with that basic premise?

Yeah, that is what I was saying. That simplistic. You really don’t think these two former patriots don’t want to emulate the way NE did things? If you don’t think they are strongly influenced by NE and Bilichek in philosophy then you are fooling your self. And that will have an impact on how they think about resigning players.

EVERY team would love to emulate the Patriots. Anyone with a brain knows that it's not that simple.

I highly doubt that Robinson sits around thinking "what would the Patriots do" like you seem to think. He's his own man. Sure, he probably has been influenced by what he saw in NE but that doesn't mean he makes every decision on the thought of what NE would do in every situation. That's just silly.

0c65rtl1yn741.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
EVERY team would love to emulate the Patriots. Anyone with a brain knows that it's not that simple.

I highly doubt that Robinson sits around thinking "what would the Patriots do" like you seem to think. He's his own man. Sure, he probably has been influenced by what he saw in NE but that doesn't mean he makes every decision on the thought of what NE would do in every situation. That's just silly.

I didn’t say the influence would make the decision. He is his own man but his way of thinking was shaped by the NE way. That will be a factor in his decision, consciously or perhaps not. And if that is the case, it could lead him to let some one else pay Henry. That is all I said and am saying.

Do you disagree with that basic premise?
So...your theory is the pats don’t and never had a great rb...or what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back