Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we won’t pay him 15 mill a year and he walks, I am going really enjoy the melt down on this board.
I don't know that the Titans will pay him that much or even less if that's what he wants... My position is, I don't care if they do pay him 15m if he keeps being a factor.

Fans act like teams take money out of their pockets to pay players.

The whole "RBs are devalued" thing is just something people keep repeating... The Titans offense runs through Henry and play action. His value to the team is as much as any other player and much more than some.

I don't know that the Titans will pay him that much or even less if that's what he wants... My position is, I don't care if they do pay him 15m if he keeps being a factor.

The whole "RBs are devalued" thing is just something people keep repeating... The Titans offense runs through Henry and play action. His value to the team is as much as any other player and much more than some.

I don’t care about the money. If there was no cap, I say go for it. Give him 20 mill a year. But with a cap I worry about wisely spending money..,because I want long term success for the team.

I don’t care about the money. If there was no cap, I say go for it. Give him 20 mill a year. But with a cap I worry about wisely spending money..,because I want long term success for the team.
The Titans have a shot to contend for a SB for 2/3 more years RIGHT NOW. Spend the cash and go for it! Hopefully we can keep Conk.

I don't see how you can not pay the man. Obviously if he's looking to be the highest paid at the position that makes things tricky but just can't see how you let him wall. The whole Tannehill thing makes it a slightly more difficult situation though that's for sure. Wondering if the franchise tag comes into play in a pay me now or pay me later sort of way. We have got to get pass rush and CB depth for certain !

Casey is set to make 13.5 million a year for the next several years. I love the guy and all, but would be happy to give that cash to Henry instead at this point. No one can argue Casey has had a bigger impact than Henry this year. “Problem” solved.

I understand what 51 is saying but I also don’t think 3-4 mil a season is all that crippling.

Big difference between how the offense is run compared to the patriots so the value of Henry is higher than any RB NE has had over the Brady era.

You gotta pay him. The other value is is draft value (or FA value) of not needing to get a RB to focus on other holes.

I understand what 51 is saying but I also don’t think 3-4 mil a season is all that crippling.

Big difference between how the offense is run compared to the patriots so the value of Henry is higher than any RB NE has had over the Brady era.

You gotta pay him. The other value is is draft value (or FA value) of not needing to get a RB to focus on other holes.
Entire O runs on Henry, or the threat of Henry with PA plays. We have to pay the man. That's a great point about FA and Draft flexibility too. That point is spot on.

I don't know much about Henry character wise. Is he the type that will stop running as hard once he's been paid (CJ2k, Elliot)? Or is he a gamer that wants to be one of the greats? That would be a huge factor in my decision.

If we pay him 15 a year and he goes back to the mode he was in before the jags game last year, we're effed.

Need to have an out in that deal if possible.

Casey is set to make 13.5 million a year for the next several years. I love the guy and all, but would be happy to give that cash to Henry instead at this point. No one can argue Casey has had a bigger impact than Henry this year. “Problem” solved.

Yeah, I can see that. If there's an out on that deal, we should take it.

Henry finishes the season:
1st in rushing yards
1st in rushing touchdowns
1st in YPC (amongst all running backs with at least 200 carries)

Has one of his best games in a must-win game.

And there’s people that still think he shouldn’t get paid? Yeah, ok...

So here are the stats that some on this site think are easily replaced by any old running back the last 19 games playing for BDH. 2125 yards, on 390 carries for an average of 5.5 yards per carry. With 23 rushing TD's. Also throw in 227 yards receiving on 21 catches for an 10.8 yard average and another 2 TD's. Yet, a minority here believe that can be replaced. Laughable.

I don't know much about Henry character wise. Is he the type that will stop running as hard once he's been paid (CJ2k, Elliot)? Or is he a gamer that wants to be one of the greats? That would be a huge factor in my decision.

If we pay him 15 a year and he goes back to the mode he was in before the jags game last year, we're effed.

Need to have an out in that deal if possible.

I don't think it is fair to assume that someone stops trying as soon as their production drops. Fisher ran CJ in the ground in 2009 and I think he waa banged up and lost a step from that point forward.

I also don't think you can tell how someone responds to a contract beforehand, but Henry seems like the quietest, most humble guy out there.

BDH, success and style allows for Tannehill, and AJ to have so much fun playing pitch and catch in play action. Take away BDH, and I suspect Tannehill production goes down significantly. We have a chance at having a 3 headed monster in production like the Old Cowboys during their SB era. Don't SCREW IT UP TITS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back