Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what 51 is saying but I also don’t think 3-4 mil a season is all that crippling.

Big difference between how the offense is run compared to the patriots so the value of Henry is higher than any RB NE has had over the Brady era.

You gotta pay him. The other value is is draft value (or FA value) of not needing to get a RB to focus on other holes.
Like a pathetic Dline that gets little pressure without blitzes perhaps.

I don't think it is fair to assume that someone stops trying as soon as their production drops. Fisher ran CJ in the ground in 2009 and I think he waa banged up and lost a step from that point forward.

I also don't think you can tell how someone responds to a contract beforehand, but Henry seems like the quietest, most humble guy out there.

Nah, cj was making buisness decisions on the regular. He went down if a defender sneezed nearby after he got paid.

Casey is set to make 13.5 million a year for the next several years. I love the guy and all, but would be happy to give that cash to Henry instead at this point. No one can argue Casey has had a bigger impact than Henry this year. “Problem” solved.
No need to move on from Casey

Walker Wake and Lewis are the guys not living up to their contracts, cut them and save something around 16M, theres Henrys cut right there and cap is unaffected

Not talked about often enough for CJ2K was Kevin Mawae’s retirement after the 09’ season too.

He was a huge reason the OL was so good CJ and that offense.

don't remember the contract amount, but Corey Dillon was an elite level back and won a super bowl with the Pats at the end of his career...

Yep, you are correct—see my post above on this. It failed miserably as he put up 700 and 800 yards the next to seasons—after one 1600 yard year. They cut him after two years of the 5 year deal. And they have never done that again. Lesson learned. From that point on it has been a revolving door at RB.

Yep, you are correct—see my post above on this. It failed miserably as he put up 700 and 800 yards the next to seasons—after one 1600 yard year. They cut him after two years of the 5 year deal. And they have never done that again. Lesson learned. From that point on it has been a revolving door at RB.
When Tom Brady is your QB, the RB isn’t the focal point for the D. It only helps no name RB when randy Moss, gronkowski, Walker/Edelman.

The 13 of you who voted nope are absolute IDIOTS! You know no football and therefore should never comment on this forum again. Just remove yourselves and get back into your recliners. IDIOTS, I hate them!

He's the best RB in the league and he sat 1 1/2 games and played another two far less than 100%.

And he did most of this only playing on 1st and 2nd down.

If they don't pay the man, there will be a lot of PSL holders who will feel this franchise isn't doing what it takes to be the best.

My gut feeling is he'll get the transition tag.

Kind of surprised with @Scarecrow and @KyTitansFan votes

Usually you two are sensible
I’ve never said he isn’t a great RB but I just think RB is one of the easiest positions to replace and committing a ton of cap space to a RB is a mistake long term. I would pay him but not be ridiculous and give him whatever he asks for. Also, RB’s tend to fall off quicker than any other position. CJ2K was the most amazing RB I had ever watched. It was a no brainer and you see what happened after they gave him a giant contract.

I’ve never said he isn’t a great RB but I just think RB is one of the easiest positions to replace and committing a ton of cap space to a RB is a mistake long term. I would pay him but not be ridiculous and give him whatever he asks for. Also, RB’s tend to fall off quicker than any other position. CJ2K was the most amazing RB I had ever watched. It was a no brainer and you see what happened after they gave him a giant contract.
If you go by the logic of "well so and so didn't play well after getting a big contract" literally no player deserves a second contract as someone at every position has received a big contract and not played up to it.

The NFL pays for past production and hopes like hell it continues since it can't be predicted. That's just how it works. You don't see players getting paid big contracts after mediocre seasons because the people signing the contracts think the player will live up to it later.

If you go by the logic of "well so and so didn't play well after getting a big contract" literally no player deserves a second contract as someone at every position has received a big contract and not played up to it.

The NFL pays for past production and hopes like hell it continues since it can't be predicted. That's just how it works. You don't see players getting paid big contracts after mediocre seasons because the people signing the contracts think the player will live up to it later.
Did you read the part where I said RB’s decline faster than any other position?

Have you not watched a titans game for the last 20 years.....we are basically running the same offense.....but now we finally have all 3 requirements for it to work....Stud RB, a real number one wr, and a qb that makes it all work...

I do understand the sentiment of we can just add whoever to the spot... but, be aware, the Titans have NOT been able to do this.

After George we almost could - but we had one of the best Olines.

Lyndale White was pretty good... then CJ. But his talent seemed to collapse quicker than expected.

After CJ... um...

... JRob got us DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry.

You should be able to replace that position with ease, but this team can't seem to - especially since the RB position is pivotal to this offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back