Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but paying RBs this kind of ridiculous money is a new thing. I fully supported making Byard and Lewan the highest paid at their positions, bc those positions are much less replaceable and the top paid guys at those positions have a better track record.
Show me where a RB with 1800 yards and 18 TDs, 75+ first downs, NFL leading rusher etc etc was replaced with a back that had similar results the next season.

7 RBs had 10+ TDs (arguably the most important stat) So are we going to replace Henry with one of those other 6?

I feel like people just regurgitate the old saying that the NFL is a passing league and RBs are easily replaced without evidence.

While teams pass more now, the running game sets that up. Without the threat of a running game, Tannehill (or any QB) wouldnt be as successful.

Got no beef drafting another RB AFTER Henry signs his contract and we’ve drafted a pass rusher and OL depth. Probably still some more needs over RB still.

Oh and a Kicker.

I love how everyone is like “just draft an unknown rookie who’s never played a snap in the NFL and pay him peanuts...LOL. Don’t pay the guy that is a once in a decade type of back that just won the rushing title in 1.5 less games than Chubb and co. Makes a lot of sense. How are Josh Jacobs, Darius Guice, and co doing? Golfing and or injured/not playing right?
Yep... Titans have had 2... 2!... drafted running backs that have been good.

And one of them is Derrick Henry.

Yep... Titans have had 2... 2!... drafted running backs that have been good.

And one of them is Derrick Henry.
Eh. League leading type back yes. Solid contributors otherwise were Lendale White (for 2 years), Chris Brown, and I assume you’re counting CJ2K since EG was drafted by the Oilers.

Sanke was an absolute bust. Anyone else I can’t think of now was obviously a bust. Andrews outperformed most as undrafted but couldn’t carry a team at all.

All said, still sign Henry.

Show me where a RB with 1800 yards and 18 TDs, 75+ first downs, NFL leading rusher etc etc was replaced with a back that had similar results the next season.

7 RBs had 10+ TDs (arguably the most important stat) So are we going to replace Henry with one of those other 6?

I feel like people just regurgitate the old saying that the NFL is a passing league and RBs are easily replaced without evidence.

While teams pass more now, the running game sets that up. Without the threat of a running game, Tannehill (or any QB) wouldnt be as successful.
Show me where a rb with 1800 yards 18 tdss followed that up with the same production

The first 9 games of the season Henry averaged 71 yards a game. The last 6 games of the season he averaged 149 yards a game.

What changed? He played the 28th, 26th, and 25th(2x), run defenses in the league.

Why do you guys fall for this every season?

The first 9 games of the season Henry averaged 71 yards a game. The last 6 games of the season he averaged 149 yards a game.

What changed? He played the 28th, 26th, and 25th(2x), run defenses in the league.

Yes that looks bad when you state it like that.

Problem is, when you turn it around and look at it from a different perspective, Henry had a 28yd game and a 44yd game in the first 6 games, so those bring down the average quite abit.

I dont remember the details of those games, both were Mariota time and I am sure the ineptitude of the offense had a lot to do with it.

He also averaged 7 more carries a game, so that changed, also. But, I’m sure any back could have produced those same numbers.

Show me where a rb with 1800 yards 18 tdss followed that up with the same production
I'll bet that Henry gets closer to the same production than some rookie or random free agent would.

He was 7th in yards and 3rd in TDs last year and he wasnt playing anywhere near how he's been playing since Midway last season. Basically 2 years of similar production but even better this year.

Man, lots of guys strung two or more incredibly productive seasons together. Barry Sanders, LT, Terrell Davis, Eric Dickerson, Edgerrine James, etc, etc.

But the same as their best season? Thats what Mitch is talking about.
Actually, I was talking about plugging in a different RB to produce Henry's numbers.

This is Henry's second season as the featured back. Lewis got more touches last season than he deserved also. No reason to think this is Henrys ceiling when he only got better with more responsibility/touches.

That's peoples argument here is that any ol RB can do what Henry does for cheaper, not that Henry can't continue to produce.

83’ - 84’
Eric Dickerson 1808 w/ 18 followed with 2105 w/ 14

97’ - 98’
Terrell Davis 1750 w/ 15 followed with 2008 w/ 21

79’ - 80’
Earl Campbell 1697 w/ 19 followed with 1934 w/ 13

04’ - 05’
Shaun Alexander 1696 w/ 16 followed w/ 1880 and 27

06’ - 07’
Tomlinson 1815 w/ 28 followed by 1474 and 15 (both led league)

05’ - 06’
Larry Johnson 1750 and 20 followed by 1789 and 17

Closest few seasons I could find. Emmitt Smith had so e really good seasons still after a couple that were close to 1800/18 but not that good.

so, are you saying that if BDH signs his new deal and then only produces say....1300 yards next season you would consider that a bust?
Nah. Just saying.

Notice all the examples are like top rbs of all tine.

And they all go smaller season to bigger season.

I'm down to resign henry. But dont think its a lock hell be able to produce like this for years and years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back