Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I was talking about plugging in a different RB to produce Henry's numbers.

This is Henry's second season as the featured back. Lewis got more touches last season than he deserved also. No reason to think this is Henrys ceiling when he only got better with more responsibility/touches.

That's peoples argument here is that any ol RB can do what Henry does for cheaper, not that Henry can't continue to produce.

No one is arguing that another back can do what Henry does for cheaper. NO ONE. If we don’t sign Henry we will lose production at the position. That is a given. But how much will you lose vs how much you gain or keep at other positions is the issue. It is cost benefit analysis. With what we save on Henry can we improve enough at other spots where we can win as many or more games without him.

Actually, I was talking about plugging in a different RB to produce Henry's numbers.

This is Henry's second season as the featured back. Lewis got more touches last season than he deserved also. No reason to think this is Henrys ceiling when he only got better with more responsibility/touches.

That's peoples argument here is that any ol RB can do what Henry does for cheaper, not that Henry can't continue to produce.
I never said that a rookie would produce equal numbers to Henry. I said that the difference between henry and a rookie is not worth $14M when you could spend that money on OL and Pass Rush

83’ - 84’
Eric Dickerson 1808 w/ 18 followed with 2105 w/ 14

97’ - 98’
Terrell Davis 1750 w/ 15 followed with 2008 w/ 21

79’ - 80’
Earl Campbell 1697 w/ 19 followed with 1934 w/ 13

04’ - 05’
Shaun Alexander 1696 w/ 16 followed w/ 1880 and 27

06’ - 07’
Tomlinson 1815 w/ 28 followed by 1474 and 15 (both led league)

05’ - 06’
Larry Johnson 1750 and 20 followed by 1789 and 17

Closest few seasons I could find. Emmitt Smith had so e really good seasons still after a couple that were close to 1800/18 but not that good.
No one in the past 13 years. Got it

No one is arguing that another back can do what Henry does for cheaper. NO ONE. If we don’t sign Henry we will lose production at the position. That is a given. But how much will you lose vs how much you gain or keep at other positions is the issue. It is cost benefit analysis. With what we save on Henry can we improve enough at other spots where we can win as many or more games without him.
Are we in the playoffs without HENRY? Yes it no? Is it your money? Are we losing players creating additional cap space as well as a cap bump for the league?........

No one in the past 13 years. Got it
That as just informational. 13 years is pretty random and it’s pretty unrealistic for anyone to expect back to back 1500 and 15 TD.

Long history of backs that can keep solid seasons together though.

I think Henry can put together a few 1K, 8-9 TD seasons though.

I never said that a rookie would produce equal numbers to Henry. I said that the difference between henry and a rookie is not worth $14M when you could spend that money on OL and Pass Rush
What pass rusher?

Pass rushers dont just become available. Theyre like Left Tackles almost. The best ones stay with their teams. Not like Barrett or Clowney will actually hit FA

Last edited by a moderator:
What pass rusher?

Pass rushers dont just become available. Theyre like Left Tackles almost. The best ones stay with their teams. Not like Barrett or Clowney will actually hit FA
Yea that's a good point. But theres still plenty of positions I'd rather spend that money. Draft a pass rusher first round and an RB 2nd round and spend that 14M that wouldve gone to Henry on other spots. If Henry wants to take 11M/yr, I'd welcome him back. Not 15M.

Nah. Just saying.

Notice all the examples are like top rbs of all tine.

And they all go smaller season to bigger season.

I'm down to resign henry. But dont think its a lock hell be able to produce like this for years and years.
Fair enough....

Nah. Just saying.

Notice all the examples are like top rbs of all tine.

And they all go smaller season to bigger season.

I'm down to resign henry. But dont think its a lock hell be able to produce like this for years and years.
Hahahahaha! You asked for examples of smaller to larger. Do you want us to now provide examples of running backs who had huge seasons, then had marginally worse seasons? Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Are we in the playoffs without HENRY? Yes it no? Is it your money? Are we losing players creating additional cap space as well as a cap bump for the league?........

It is all about the proportion of the cap you are giving to certain positions and the value of the position. Yes, the cap is going up, but salaries will go up proportionally, so that is basically a wash. None of us know the ins and outs of the cap and our situation. So is there a way we could keep all we have, improve other weak spots and sign Henry? Maybe—no of us know. Those arguing to move on don’t think it likely will be able to.

None of us care about the money, we care about the cap and using resources the best we can. I get you think signing Henry at any cost is the best use of resources. Some of us disagree. Time will tell who was right.

How about a more modern look at big contract RBs? like... Zeke(15m/yr), Gurley(14.8yr), Bell(13.1/yr), David Johnson(13/yr), Freeman(8.3/yr).
I believe every single one of these teams regrets those contract. These are the top 5 paid RBs in the league right now.
I want to keep the Henry train rolling, but believe paying him anything over 10-12m is a mistake.

Zeke is a fat D-bag who’s one brain cell away from a potato and only cared about the money

Gurley was injured and the barely used by Mcvay for some reason.

Bell sat out an entire YEAR and then, well, Jets

David Johnson?! Who gives a $30 million dollar contract to a guy who had one good year and then missed the entire following year on IR?! Oh yeah, Arizona does.

Freeman was coming off an entire year missed to injury and played 2019 behind the 27th worst run blocking offensive line in the league.

I don't get the argument that Henry will take less because he's humble or a good dude or whatever. Unless he doesn't have an agent, I just can't see him taking less than Elliot.

What’s this knock on Zeke anyway?
He had 1800 total yards and 14 TD

That’s “down” from 2000 total yards and up from 9 TD.
Less than 100 less rushing yards but 6 more rushing TD.

Absolutely nothing says he didn’t earn his upgraded contract this year.

If the Tits are smart they will point out that by playing in a NO INCOME TAX state he actually keeps quite a bit more than someone playing in NY or Cali....just saying....
Everyone knows that

Especially a guy whos been getting NFL checks for 4 yrs

If the Tits are smart they will point out that by playing in a NO INCOME TAX state he actually keeps quite a bit more than someone playing in NY or Cali....just saying....
The potential issue is the agent... how does his cut get impacted - and, right or wrong, the agent is in the "financial ear" of the player more than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back