Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got Salt, Prince of Persia ,Puppet Master Axis Of Evil, Splice and The Killer Inside Me.

Ive only watched The Killer Inside Me, cause i have a short attention span for action and horror movies. Anyways it's a pretty slow moving movie with little to no big action scenes. But seeing Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson naked is worth watching it alone. Casey Affleck does a good job acting his part. 7/10

Get Him to the Greek
I laughed ... but can't clearly point out at what.
Apatow is either running out of original comedic ideas, or just prefers shockomedy
good movie, would have been great with a few drab scenes deleted.
I'm sure everyone here has seen this already, but if you haven't... it's a $1.50 at Carmike 8 Hickory Hollow (which also has A-Team / Prince of Persia / Shrek Forever / Knight&Day / Iron Man2) on right now

Salt
Fitting title as this film is nothing more than a condement.

Wafer thin story,5 mins of backstory then relentless action.
Not a lot of CGI. It was all stunt work which is the director Noyce's style and it was done well.

It was ok. Not great but not bad either.

If an ounce of character development or suspence had been written into it might have been a great film. As it is it's just a better than average actioner.

Worth viewing but I wish I'd saved my money and waited to see it at home.

Ive only watched The Killer Inside Me, cause i have a short attention span for action and horror movies. Anyways it's a pretty slow moving movie with little to no big action scenes. But seeing Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson naked is worth watching it alone. Casey Affleck does a good job acting his part. 7/10

You have a short attention span so you pick the film adaptation of a slow moving 50's pulp novel.. Did you expect action scenes?
On the other hand, this one fits perfectly with your "dead girls" motif..

^You think it's funny that he gets out like 15 bucks cheaper a movie and loses nothing if the movie sucks?

Seems better than the other way, honestly.

^You think it's funny that he gets out like 15 bucks cheaper a movie and loses nothing if the movie sucks?

Seems better than the other way, honestly.

Are you responding to my post?

I see them for free, legally, in theaters. I have a few friends who work at movie theaters.

He sees them for free, illegally, in poor quality on a small screen.

How is my way not better?

You have a short attention span so you pick the film adaptation of a slow moving 50's pulp novel.. Did you expect action scenes?
On the other hand, this one fits perfectly with your "dead girls" motif..

yeah, its not that action that bores me, it's just that action movies are pretty much all the same, blazing gun fights, crashes and explosions. i like some action in movies, but i dont really care for pure action movies. Spiderman,Transformers, SALT etc... just gets old after 30 minutes.

im more into movies more like No Country for Old Men, i also like movies about court cases like My Cousin Vinny. i have no real desire to watch The Expendables. but i do wanna see Ice Cube in The Lottery Ticket.

Are you responding to my post?

I see them for free, legally, in theaters. I have a few friends who work at movie theaters.

He sees them for free, illegally, in poor quality on a small screen.

How is my way not better?

In that case, you. But you have to go outside and risk the possibility of talking to people. Real people. Be careful.

Went and saw the expendable. Horrible. I was expecting it to be bad...but it was worse. I am a fan of all the actors, but it is still a bad movie. I actually almost fell asleep.

Inception 7/10:Go see it if you like action and special effects. Joseph Gordon Leavitt steals the movie. As Leonardo DiCaprio is good with what he's given.

Eat, Pray, Love 8/10:Seen Julia Roberts in more better movies but this one, really she is still great! Scenery is awesome in the movie.

Inception 7/10:Go see it if you like action and special effects. Joseph Gordon Leavitt steals the movie. As Leonardo DiCaprio is good with what he's given.

Eat, Pray, Love 8/10:Seen Julia Roberts in more better movies but this one, really she is still great! Scenery is awesome in the movie.

You just gave Eat, Pray, Love a better rating than Inception. :nono:

The Other Guys -

Although fairly high consensus score on Rotten Tomatoes, I've heard a lot of complaining from audiences, saying it just wasn't funny, that Dinner for Schmucks is funnier, Will Ferrell is just doing his tired old thing. I guess I saw a different film, because I really enjoyed this.

I liked it, too. If I can laugh more than 3 times, I feel like I got my money's worth. And I laughed more than 3 times. It wasn't one for the "all time favorite" list, but better than most flicks I've seen this year.

The Other Guys -

Although fairly high consensus score on Rotten Tomatoes, I've heard a lot of complaining from audiences, saying it just wasn't funny, that Dinner for Schmucks is funnier, Will Ferrell is just doing his tired old thing. I guess I saw a different film, because I really enjoyed this.

I liked it, too. If I can laugh more than 3 times, I feel like I got my money's worth. And I laughed more than 3 times. It wasn't one for the "all time favorite" list, but better than most flicks I've seen this year.

Not sure how I screwed that quote up:irked:

Piranhas 3D - I'll put it this way. I had low expectations and this film fell well below them. And I mean that in a good way. This might be one of the goriest films to be released in over a decade - it rivals Dead Alive (Jackson) in terms of sheer blood spatter volume. The acting was what I expected, and there were some nice cameos (Ving Rhames, Christopher Lloyd being the best). Jerry O'Connell was the highlight in this - some of his one-liners will go down in "Cult-dom" history.

Anyway, if you want some quality throwback creature-feature, exploitation film, this is your best bet.

7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back