Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should go see the Robert Duvall and Bill Murray film, "Get Low". Its only playing in Green Hills but I assure you, there won't be any disappointment. Duvall delivers an honest and un-weilding performance that is definitely Oscar worthy.

Go check it out.

The Expendables

Frikkin awesome. Well worth the price of admission.

Ridiculous and bloody violence that for UK censorship board was heavily cut with many scenes cut to get a lower rating. This spoilt a few of the fight scenes a little. I hope that their is a full on uncut dvd release.

Not a lot of plot but the film works because the Expendables are a story in themselves. Plety of humour too especially for Lundgrens
character.

Even my Mrs enjoyed it.

8/10 :thumb::thumb:

Wtf @ the GLH love...AGAIN?

If any of the supporting actors shined, it'd be Tom Hardy- the best actor of the entire bunch. GLH's character didn't allow him to show much. Was basically an extra with a cool no-gravity scene.

i got the Expendables , actually took the time to watch it. some gun fights were drawn out but it wasnt that bad of a pop corn flick. Jet Li was a wuss in this movie. Stone Cold didnt get to do much other than be a body guard. had a good amount of blood. 7/10

i also got the Other Guys, pretty funny movie! it's the little dumb things that mark and Will fight over that makes it so funny. the Rock and Samuel Jackson didnt get to stay around long. lol idiots. 7/10

i also got the new Robin Wood, gonna watch it tonight.

Requiem for a Dream - 6/10

I've been waiting to see this one for a really, really long time.

Wow, what a letdown. It was just way overhyped for me. It continued getting worse and worse which was sort of the point, in certain ways. Not my kind of movie. This is the epitome of an overrated film IMO. That being said, I am a fan of Jared Leto. He's pretty underrated, unknown, and most folks would never guess he's the lead singer for 30 Seconds to Mars.

Wall Street - 6/10

Here's another overrated film IMO. I had also been waiting to see this one and finally did. It was very dull throughout the entire flick. Honestly, this movie could have been done in about 80 minutes, if not less. It dragged on too much at times and never really hit a high point. Again, not my kind of movie. P.S. Daryl Hannah is ugly as hell.

Yes I am a female. An Amerasian female of nearly 36-years old. Got a problem with that?!

Hey, :brow:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dc2Z7CL4Cv0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dc2Z7CL4Cv0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MACHETE: fun little flick. No surprises here in regard to violence, gore, TnA and bad words. Political themes abound between creative machete deaths and nekkid scenes featuring ex-Disney bad girls..
Glad to see Danny Trejo finally get a lead role! I was bit disappointed that there ultimately is no showdown between this "Machete" and the original 70's "Machete" Tom Savini.. Not even sure what happens with Tom in the end..
Silly OTT fun nonetheless..

In the previews they ran a trailer for a movie that looked an awful lot like the 80's classic Runaway Train (which ironically was Trejo's first flick). It was billed as Unstoppable but looked almost shot for shot (at least trailer-wise) like Runaway Train though I suspect it'll feature the typical "Denzel playing Denzel" routine and not come close to the great characters that Jon Voight and Eric Roberts put together for that one..

Saw "The American" over the weekend, and came away not quite sure how I felt. It may not be what you expect. It certainly isn't an action movie. Thankfully, I knew that before I went. It's a lot tighter than I expected. They did a good job with the tension of the main character, and the suspense. Wasn't sure how I felt about the ending, though I won't say more. There was good and bad, but overall, it was better than I expected. Didn't come close to Michael Clayton though.

I'll go with 6/10.

Saw "The American" over the weekend, and came away not quite sure how I felt. It may not be what you expect. It certainly isn't an action movie. Thankfully, I knew that before I went. It's a lot tighter than I expected. They did a good job with the tension of the main character, and the suspense. Wasn't sure how I felt about the ending, though I won't say more. There was good and bad, but overall, it was better than I expected. Didn't come close to Michael Clayton though.

I'll go with 6/10.

It's an art film. If viewed as such, it leaves you with a much more introspective take on it. I was so enticed by what Anton Corbijn did with "Control" visually, and this film did not disappoint me at all.

8/10

I'll go with 6/10.

My husband wanted to go see this over the weekend, but I vetoed as I have always disliked Clooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back