Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I haven't given horror films a chance. I mean... I really hated this movie.

What are the best 10 horror films of all time? (Opinions are fine, of course).

I'll watch them eventually. If I don't like them, that's it. I'm done with horror forever. I always talked crap about horror because nothing was scary, the acting was poor, everything was predictable, etc. I wanted to give it a chance, but it's not looking promising.

No point in that.. You don't like Horror. Just move on..
I'm sure it won't be too long before The A Team II comes out and you'll be happy all over again.

I want to be able to see some good horror movies though.

The A Team was actually pretty good... way better than expected... and a million times better than any horror movie I've ever seen.

No such thing as a "scary" movie IMO.

I want to be able to see some good horror movies though.

The A Team was actually pretty good... way better than expected... and a million times better than any horror movie I've ever seen.

No such thing as a "scary" movie IMO.

The thing is that a horror flick doesn't necessarily have to scare you to be good - at least to the person who loves horror.
The A Team and its ilk are to me exactly what horror apparently is to you - dumbed down, unwatchable drivel.. I'd rather slash my wrists and watch the blood run out.

My list of 10 essential Horror would look pretty close to this (all original versions unless noted):
Night of The Living Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Evil Dead
The Thing (82 remake)
Alien
Dawn of The Dead
The Bride of Frankenstein
The Son of Frankenstein
Black Sabbath
Black Sunday

I don't suspect you'd like any of these at this rate. Check out The Thing and if you think it sucks I'll know you're off your rocker.

I watched "The Road" because it was discussed in this thread.

I liked the grittiness but overall it was bleh. Not enough why regarding the background, and what happened regarding the ending. Plus too much crying.

4/10

The thing is that a horror flick doesn't necessarily have to scare you to be good - at least to the person who loves horror.
The A Team and its ilk are to me exactly what horror apparently is to you - dumbed down, unwatchable drivel.. I'd rather slash my wrists and watch the blood run out.

My list of 10 essential Horror would look pretty close to this (all original versions unless noted):
Night of The Living Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Evil Dead
The Thing (82 remake)
Alien
Dawn of The Dead
The Bride of Frankenstein
The Son of Frankenstein
Black Sabbath
Black Sunday

I don't suspect you'd like any of these at this rate. Check out The Thing and if you think it sucks I'll know you're off your rocker.

Just to supplement and reinforce Crud's great taste (all of which he mentioned are fantastic individually and/or for what they would be a foundation for:

And no, these aren't in any special order:

-The Dawn of the Dead (Zack Snyder)
-The Fly (David Crohnberg)
-The Hitcher (Robert Harmon)
-Re-Animator (Stuart Gordon)
-Return of the Living Dead (Dan 'O Bannon)
-Audition (Takashi Miike)
-Creepshow (George Romero)

You have to allow yourself to just let go and enjoy a horror movie. Not sit there and try to be scared by it. Just have some fun.

The Thing has actually been on the top of my list for a long time. I've really been meaning to see it.

I think it's been 10 years since I've seen Alien... I don't remember anything about it. I saw the first three; remember nothing.

And no, these aren't in any special order:

-The Dawn of the Dead (Zack Snyder)
-The Fly (David Crohnberg)
-The Hitcher (Robert Harmon)
-Re-Animator (Stuart Gordon)
-Return of the Living Dead (Dan 'O Bannon)
-Audition (Takashi Miike)
-Creepshow (George Romero)

I see DC is remaking The Fly again.. I can't even imagine how much freakier the new one will be. Both prior are outstanding flicks. Love Videodrome as well. The movie tripped me out when I was a kid.

Is there a more perfect 80's Drive in double feature than The Re-Animator and Return of The Living Dead? Trash is taking off her clothes again!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9-NyE4mQsw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9-NyE4mQsw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWmEReju2w0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWmEReju2w0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Crazy Heart - 7.5/10

Whoever compared this to The Wrestler a while back is pretty dead on. I liked both movies although I'd say they're a bit overrated... probably about even.

Bridges > Rourke
Tomei > Gyllenhaal

There's really no argument with that.

Inglourious Bastids <-- cuss filter edit

It had its moments but didn't live up to the hype for me. Brad Pitt sounded like he was doing an impersonation of either George W or Forrest Gump through most of the movie.

7.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back