Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Descent 2 was a borderline total waste of time. The minute they *SPOILER* brought the Asian chick from the first one back *END SPOILER* was ridiculous. It was totally uninteresting to me.

What is Eden Lake about?

I agree, Descent 2 was a borderline total waste of time. The minute they *SPOILER* brought the Asian chick from the first one back *END SPOILER* was ridiculous. It was totally uninteresting to me.

What is Eden Lake about?

Its about a couple trying to have a getaway and then a bunch of kids mess with them. Really good movie, IMO.

MONSTERS
It's not often that a movie that seems to be so promising fails so miserably.. I'd been waiting impatiently for months to see this one, so when it became a Comcast pre-theatrical On Demand option I was stoked... The hype about Monsters was that it would be a District 9 realistic styled masterpiece of man-eating Cthulhus from outer space invading Mexico - with deadly "infected zones" where no man could survive. Instead what this movie really is is a slow moving love story with no highs or lows. There is the occasional monster - but don't blink..
The movie is beautifully filmed and they certainly went out of their way to make things feel realistic but other than the developing relationship between the two characters nothing happens - nothing....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-2aTT2SvGo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-2aTT2SvGo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

MONSTERS
It's not often that a movie that seems to be so promising fails so miserably.. I'd been waiting impatiently for months to see this one, so when it became a Comcast pre-theatrical On Demand option I was stoked... The hype about Monsters was that it would be a District 9 realistic styled masterpiece of man-eating Cthulhus from outer space invading Mexico - with deadly "infected zones" where no man could survive. Instead what this movie really is is a slow moving love story with no highs or lows. There is the occasional monster - but don't blink..
The movie is beautifully filmed and they certainly went out of their way to make things feel realistic but other than the developing relationship between the two characters nothing happens - nothing....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-2aTT2SvGo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-2aTT2SvGo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I didn't think it was terrible...it was alright.

In a subtle, Bridges of Madison County way it was alright - but the opportunity to make a believable giant monster film was squandered..

Yeah but I don't think that was the director's objective. I think he really wanted to make a love story surrounded by monsters. Be that as it may, it wasn't the GREATEST concept but it was certainly better than most of the tripe on Fearnet.

I give it a 2.5 out of 5. It was one of those "meh" movies.

The Town - 8/10

Ben Affleck actually did well. I've never really liked him as an actor, but the movies he's involved in directing/writing seem to be his best. Loved the entire movie, but the ending was meh.

The Social Network - 8/10

Not sure it lives up to the hype, but it was well done and worth a watch IMO. David Fincher is a great director who is capable of doing any type of movie. It came close to being an R rated movie at times. A few F bombs, plenty of sex and drugs. They pushed the rating. Everyone was a d-bag in the movie, of course.

The Thing - 8.5/10

Finally got around to seeing this. I've liked the last two horror movies I've seen, so that's good. This is probably my favorite horror movie... not like there are many on that list, but still.

Inception- 9/10 (saw it a few months back but man Christopher Nolen has to be one of the best filmmakers this decade...he hasn't made a bad movie)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest- 10/10 (I'd seen it before but man every time is like the first time...the book is also just as amazing. Reading the book and then watching the movie gives you an entirely differant take on the film.)

The Social Network - 8/10

Not sure it lives up to the hype, but it was well done and worth a watch IMO. David Fincher is a great director who is capable of doing any type of movie. It came close to being an R rated movie at times. A few F bombs, plenty of sex and drugs. They pushed the rating. Everyone was a d-bag in the movie, of course.
Doesn't matter what they put in that movie, it was going to be PG-13. The MPAA would never rate that R, it'd lose too much teeny bopper money.

Frozen - I believe a straight to DVD title, but it really is quite good. Three college students get stuck on a ski-lift with in-climate weather coming and the resort won't be open again for 5 days. It's not just the premise alone that makes this so terrifying, but the actions and hopelessness exerted from the actors really makes this work.

8/10

Frozen - I believe a straight to DVD title, but it really is quite good. Three college students get stuck on a ski-lift with in-climate weather coming and the resort won't be open again for 5 days. It's not just the premise alone that makes this so terrifying, but the actions and hopelessness exerted from the actors really makes this work.

8/10

Don't fall asleep holding the bar!

Going to see Ghostbusters tonight. I saw this when it came out originally and I honestly cannot recall ever seeing it again. Should be a good time. Love that they are bringing back some oldies to the theaters outside of Belcourt once again..

just caught The Expendables
10ton block of cheese. script was rough
i'd expect more from all that talent
fun at times, awkward at others
maybe a 6

Scary Movie - 0/10

First time I've actually seen this. I remember being 10 years old and not being allowed to see this. Everyone said it was hilarious. I guess it's funny to 10 year old kids

I didn't laugh once, and I've seen all the movies that were being spoofed.

By far the dumbest movie I've ever seen. I'm sure if I watched another one of the spoof movies, they'd be equal, probably worse.

The Scary Movie with Chris Elliot as the butler with the little deformed hands is the only one that I can say I liked - pure silliness, but it works in certain scenes. I think it was #2.
Nothing trumps Naked Gun still..

Yea, I liked the Naked Gun movies, but it's been years since I've seen them. Actually, I did see part of one (where he was an ump in a baseball game) recently.

I think I saw all of Scary Movie 2, but it's been at least five years. Yea, Chris Elliot... "my germs, my germs".

It was decent, I suppose. Chris Elliot is probably the weirdest dude of all time, on and off the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back