Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary Movie - 0/10

First time I've actually seen this. I remember being 10 years old and not being allowed to see this. Everyone said it was hilarious. I guess it's funny to 10 year old kids

I didn't laugh once, and I've seen all the movies that were being spoofed.

By far the dumbest movie I've ever seen. I'm sure if I watched another one of the spoof movies, they'd be equal, probably worse.

I saw both the first and second... I bought the third, though. I really like that movie. It helped that the Wayan brothers weren't attached. Funny you should mention Naked Gun since it was a Zucker that did that movie. Unlike the first two, it actually had some comedic timing... something Zucker knows.

It wasn't great... but it WAS funny. Some of the parts I have to watch over and over again!

Scary Movie 3 - 7/10.

I love the scene when the guy tells his niece that her teacher is dead... man, I do love that.

SUCK: Fun and silly little Rock/Vampire flick with tons of Rock cameos..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqV7FTetNQc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqV7FTetNQc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Splice- Yet another adaptation of the most popular Hollywood theme: Frankenstein. Adrian Brody's nutcase wife decides to overanthropomorphize a secret genetic experiment. What could possibly go wrong? Definitely interesting with great CGI effects. 7/10 in the Frankenstein genre.

How To Train Your Dragon- Dreamworks takes a shot at kicking Pixar in the shins with this film about the puny, weakling son of a great Viking leader who must find his own way to break into the town's booming pest-control business. Fun film with the usual formulaic plot devices; fortunately the young love interest doesn't wind up slathering all over the story a la Disney, which is nice. 8/10, very enjoyable.

ANTICHRIST

So much about this movie I wish I could forget.
I think RavenShallBurn might go over the edge if he watched this one (joking of course).
Sleep with one eye open fellas..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hw03QayJ2fU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hw03QayJ2fU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BIG FAN
This one slipped under my radar apparently.. Nice "Obsessed NFL fan" flick with Patton Oswalt who plays a die-hard as they come Giants fan who gets beat up by his favorite player and the dilemma he faces subsequently. Nice little story with a great ending... Probably the one movie I'll recommend that I think everyone on this board will appreciate..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wybmI_ezdAQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wybmI_ezdAQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BIG FAN
This one slipped under my radar apparently.. Nice "Obsessed NFL fan" flick with Patton Oswalt who plays a die-hard as they come Giants fan who gets beat up by his favorite player and the dilemma he faces subsequently. Nice little story with a great ending... Probably the one movie I'll recommend that I think everyone on this board will appreciate..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wybmI_ezdAQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wybmI_ezdAQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That movie surprised me. It was really dark but hilarious.

On a side note, I'd say that Antichrist was Von Trier's best film to date. I hate Lars Von Trier but I thought the cinematography was amazing. I didn't care too much for the castration, though.

That movie surprised me. It was really dark but hilarious.

On a side note, I'd say that Antichrist was Von Trier's best film to date. I hate Lars Von Trier but I thought the cinematography was amazing. I didn't care too much for the castration, though.

I agree on both.. Don't know why but anytime I see a movie called Antichrist starring Willem Dafoe I just assume he's the antichrist....

Harry Potter Part 1

Enjoyed this one, probably the best of the movies (though I don\'t remember the book to see how faithful it was). I think splitting the movie into 2 was a good idea.

9/10

127 Hours - Better than I thought it'd be. I usually dislike survivalist films that promote heroism/adventurism over common sense (see Into The Wild, despite great performances). However, I liked Franco's interpretation of Arron, and although he does make a critical mistake, it's a mistake that I can at least stomach.

In terms of the film itself, it was extremely well done. I've always liked Franco, but this is just a superb performance. He captures black humor, extreme fear, pain, and triumph seamlessly (which is what a performance a character like his needs). Danny Boyle, I always thought, has been somewhat overrated (especially with Slumdog Millionaire), but I thought his direction was fantastic here. Some of the shots he chooses are very intense and uncomfortable, but they work beautifully.

It's a hard movie to watch in some ways, and in others, it's completely inviting and triumphant. For a film about a guy stuck between a rock and a hard place for several days, alone, it's curiously entertaining at the very least, at the very best riveting.

A-

By the looks of that thumbnail, I thought Antichrist was going to be The Human Centipede (which looks too ****ed up for me to consider seeing) or something.

Antichrist makes Human Centipede look like a Disney film. Centipede was more of a dark comedy to me anyway. Flat tire? no point in simply driving on it, guess I need to to go running randomly thru the Black Forest in the middle of the night....

Black Swan - And thus continues the trend of Aronofsky's fascination with the themes of obsession and what it can do to our lives. Thought to be a companion piece to his highly-regarded The Wrestler, it is in fact a much different piece (and one I would argue infinitely better than).

I've always liked Aronofsky, never really loved him. However, I absolutely loved this film. It is a haunting piece, both in scope and it's execution, especially with the performance of Portman. Portman is an actress who I've always thought had talent, but for the most part, only showcased a bit of it throughout her career. Let me be clear - this is a career defining performance. The only one I can truly compare it to is Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby (although they are different beasts). The slow descent into madness is something to behold - it isn't cliched, and it's totally visceral. As I said earlier, it's still haunting me hours later.

The main components of this film are truly brilliant. Secondary performances by Cassell, Kunis, Hershey all deliver fantastic performances, each one understanding exactly what they must bring to Nina's (Portman) world. The direction is intense at times - we are meant to be brought into the terror of what this young woman is going through, and it's done expertly. The shots of the actual ballet work are stunning at times (and I'm not a ballet fan), with a score that meshes well with Tchaikovsky's compositions.

If you are a fan of psychological horror, stories of obsession and what perfection in art can to do a person, or are just curious to see how a director could make the world of ballet appear so damn engrossing, go see this picture. It is simply the best all year.

A+

Black Swan - And thus continues the trend of Aronofsky's fascination with the themes of obsession and what it can do to our lives. Thought to be a companion piece to his highly-regarded The Wrestler, it is in fact a much different piece (and one I would argue infinitely better than).

I've always liked Aronofsky, never really loved him. However, I absolutely loved this film. It is a haunting piece, both in scope and it's execution, especially with the performance of Portman. Portman is an actress who I've always thought had talent, but for the most part, only showcased a bit of it throughout her career. Let me be clear - this is a career defining performance. The only one I can truly compare it to is Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby (although they are different beasts). The slow descent into madness is something to behold - it isn't cliched, and it's totally visceral. As I said earlier, it's still haunting me hours later.

The main components of this film are truly brilliant. Secondary performances by Cassell, Kunis, Hershey all deliver fantastic performances, each one understanding exactly what they must bring to Nina's (Portman) world. The direction is intense at times - we are meant to be brought into the terror of what this young woman is going through, and it's done expertly. The shots of the actual ballet work are stunning at times (and I'm not a ballet fan), with a score that meshes well with Tchaikovsky's compositions.

If you are a fan of psychological horror, stories of obsession and what perfection in art can to do a person, or are just curious to see how a director could make the world of ballet appear so damn engrossing, go see this picture. It is simply the best all year.

A+

I hate Nashville sometimes. Black Swan won't be out here for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back