Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Machinist - 5/10

Fight Club wannabe. I feel bad for Christian Bale losing all that weight for a mediocre film. I was truly shocked each and every scene. Soooooo effing skinny. Too damn skinny. He didn't have to lose that much weight for the movie to get its point across. He couldn't have lived much longer like that.

Bridesmaids - 6.5/10

I kept hearing great things about this one and was repeatedly told it wasn't a chick flick. Then I hear from a friend that it's about equal to Forgetting Sarah Marshall which is close to my favorite comedy if not my #1. Not even close. Anyways... So, it wasn't really a chick flick, but there were no main male characters, so it was kind of a chick flick. :yes: It was nice to see Wiig play a not so annoying character for once. I thought she did a nice job and was pretty funny. Overall, it was alright. Not worth $10.50 and that's exactly why I saw it for free (legally). You should try that, Jesse. I have hookups at movie theaters. Don't ever have to pay.

I will be seeing The Hangover: Part II either at midnight release in about 24 hours from now or Thursday night. It's much better with big college crowds. At least that's the case for me. I will never forget seeing the first one at midnight... awesome time.

I really don't have high hopes for this one whatsoever, but I'm not going to skip out on watching it. It's just the same damn story line all over again. Instead of Stu waking up missing a tooth, he has a tattoo on his face. Instead of Alan being naked, he's bald. Instead of Phil having no defects whatsoever, he has no defects whatsoever... gotta please the hoes. Instead of losing Doug, they lose Stu's fiancee's brother. Oh my! What creativity!

If there had never been a first Hangover film, this one would pretty much be just as good as the first one because it would be original. I just find it shocking that everyone seems to have high hopes for it. It's not going to be that great.

I will be seeing The Hangover: Part II either at midnight release in about 24 hours from now or Thursday night. It's much better with big college crowds. At least that's the case for me. I will never forget seeing the first one at midnight... awesome time.

You prefer people talk and text throughout the entire movie? I hate going to the movies with anyone under the age of 30. I stopped going to the student cinema on campus because the people were just too fcking annoying.

Assuming you really did go see it, how was Limitless? I remember a crappy trailer and it looked like a straight to dvd movie to me but a couple of friends told me it's a lot better movie than trailer.

I really enjoyed the movie.

The trailer makes it look like an action film but it's nothing like that.

Characters are well devoloped and it has that rare thing called a plot.

7.5/10 IMO.

Assuming you really did go see it, how was Limitless? I remember a crappy trailer and it looked like a straight to dvd movie to me but a couple of friends told me it's a lot better movie than trailer.

Yeah I saw it.. It was decent. Burger is the guy that made The Illusionist and Interview With The Assassin so I figured it would be somewhere along those lines, but with a budget. BC holds his own and DiNero phones it in like he's been doing for 20 years - and Tuesday night at Carmike is $1 popcorn night!

I'm just stoked that June is days away - thus the beginning of The Annual 80's Cheeseball Summer Slasher Filmfest opens at Roidhäuse.

At the suggestion of my new friend, the legendary Mr. Jackson Phibes I watched a movie I had previously ignored for decades called Deathdream. Didn't know this was the missing Bob Clark tweener that fits smack in the middle of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things and the original Black Christmas. Even featured Anya Ormsby.
Loved it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSi43oYTJ6E

no, to be honest i got bored and started doing something else.

and the last few nights i been watching the Heat whip the Bulls or watching my shows on Discovery channel. unlike a theater, i can resume my movies later.

You prefer people talk and text throughout the entire movie? I hate going to the movies with anyone under the age of 30. I stopped going to the student cinema on campus because the people were just too fcking annoying.

Had no problems with the first Hangover movie... don't expect to have many problems tonight. It's a movie that so many (college students) are anticipating. Everyone's going to be paying attention.

Had no problems with the first Hangover movie... don't expect to have many problems tonight. It's a movie that so many (college students) are anticipating. Everyone's going to be paying attention.

The critics are hailing it as a pretty terrible movie, I'd lower those expectations. I thought the first one sucked and was more overrated than Avatar.

I loved the first Hangover yet I've had pretty low expectations for the sequel since day one. Seems like it's gonna be your typical "same plot, different location" cash grab sequel. I'm honestly more excited to see Bridesmaids than Hangover 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back