Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 Blocks - 4/10 - pretty boring "action" movie. watched it the entire time waiting for Mos Def to die so I didn't have to hear his horrible accent anymore.

*shoulder shrug* only watch it if you're in the mood for bad

bigtitan53279 said:
superbad had it's moments, but no way it gets a 10/10. it wasn't anywhere nearly as funny as knocked up or the 40 year old virgin.
The heck???

Knocked up wasn't even funny. Superbad was either better than 40 Year Old Virgin and Wedding Crashers or at least right there with them. I actually think it was funnier.
I cant remember a single funny moment of Knocked Up. I remember the friends being funny, but thats about it.

I agree with Bigtitan. I thought Superbad wasn't as funny as Knocked Up or 40 year old virgin. Knocked up may actually be my favorite of those three. Not that I didn't think Superbad was funny, it just wasn't as funny to me.

Saw Iron Man yesterday. Good movie, Downey totally made the movie, he was perfect in that role. It had its flaws, at the end they kind of wrapped it up waaaaay too quickly, and there were a couple of really strange things in the last fight scene, but it was still really entertaining. Also, the humor was a lot better than those fantastic four pieces of cr@p. I guess I'd give it a 7/10. Well done entertaining movie, but hard to get much higher with a comic book movie. There's only so high that those can go.

Yossarian said:
16 Blocks - 4/10 - pretty boring "action" movie. watched it the entire time waiting for Mos Def to die so I didn't have to hear his horrible accent anymore.

*shoulder shrug* only watch it if you're in the mood for bad

Memphis Belle - 9/10 - classic

Holy crap we must be polar opposites.

I thought 16 Blocks was great whereas Memphis Belle was a predictable,sentimental piece of crap.:moon2: :))

Childress79 said:
Holy crap we must be polar opposites.

I thought 16 Blocks was great whereas Memphis Belle was a predictable,sentimental piece of crap.:moon2: :))

I liked 16 Blocks
thought Willis did a good job
liked MosDef's performance too even with the accent

So, my date and I wandered by the theater to kill some time, and the only thing available was The Forbidden Kingdom.

This is a good movie if you've never seen The Karate Kid, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Kill Bill, Rush Hour, LOTR, Star Wars, The Wizard of Oz, Spiderman or any Jackie Chan movie at all.
If you have seen any of the above, then you'll recognize this movie as being reasonably entertaining, but horribly unoriginal in every possible way...right down to the little Chinese lute player stealing riffs from Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here".

My date enjoyed it, however...probably because she's Japanese. She caught me off guard with her comments about the fight scenes: "Why is he called the Monkey King but he isn't fighting monkey style?"..."Jet Li is better at tiger style than Jackie Chan..." etc. etc.... It turns out that she loves martial arts and war movies and is a former karate/taikwondo student. I made a mental note to not piss her off.

avvie said:
So, my date and I wandered by the theater to kill some time, and the only thing available was The Forbidden Kingdom.

This is a good movie if you've never seen The Karate Kid, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Kill Bill, Rush Hour, LOTR, Star Wars, The Wizard of Oz, Spiderman or any Jackie Chan movie at all.
If you have seen any of the above, then you'll recognize this movie as being reasonably entertaining, but horribly unoriginal in every possible way...right down to the little Chinese lute player stealing riffs from Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here".

My date enjoyed it, however...probably because she's Japanese. She caught me off guard with her comments about the fight scenes: "Why is he called the Monkey King but he isn't fighting monkey style?"..."Jet Li is better at tiger style than Jackie Chan..." etc. etc.... It turns out that she loves martial arts and war movies and is a former karate/taikwondo student. I made a mental note to not piss her off.

Tell her John Woo sucks from me.:clown:

The Mist was pretty cool. Never read the book, but felt like a Stephen King deal. Wasn't quite sure where it was going to go in the end, but the ending was good to me. 7.5/10

I must be getting old because I didn't think Superbad, 40yo Virgin or Knocked Up were funny.

If I had to choose one out of them I'd choose Knocked up because it was at least an enjoyable story.

I did like Iron Man. And my 8yo LOVED it.

Carpy said:
I must be getting old because I didn't think Superbad, 40yo Virgin or Knocked Up were funny.

If I had to choose one out of them I'd choose Knocked up because it was at least an enjoyable story.

I did like Iron Man. And my 8yo LOVED it.

:tj:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back