Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got done seeing IJ. My mother liked it... be she is simple she doesn't want to think and just wants to be entertained. Easy sell for mom. My brother, manly man that he is, wanted more action. Being a Jones movie he wasn't looking for much else. I personally thought the storyline was lacking slightly... not up to par with the past movies. In the end, I'll buy it add it to my collection and watch it from time to time. I will not, however, go back to the movie theatre to see it a second time just so my friends dont have to "go alone."

Watched this movie called Teeth last night.. Woah! that flick is just WRONG. Main character is a young girl with va g ina dentata (look it up). This movie is every man's worst nightmare playing out on screen. Well done for an independent horror/comedy.

Just watched Enchanted. I enjoyed it. Characters were lovable, and it had a chipmunk - which sells me.
Feel good movie though and had some funny moments.

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas: Haven't seen it in a minute, and I decided to buy it on Criterion DVD. I'm a fan of Thompson's work, and I think the adaptation did real justice to his novel. Although Depp is usually given most credit for his portray of Dukes, I belive Del Toro deserves the most accolades for his drugged-out-of-control performance as the lawyer. 9/10.

Maria Full Of Grace: Story about a Colombian teenager who acts as a drug mule for local cartels. Powerful and beautifully acted, I can't recommend this movie more. 9/10.

The Host: A Korean monster movie with a great deal of comedy. Touches on some mature issues of family bonds and what not, but is woven very well into the genre. I really enjoyed it and laughed a lot! 8/10

Evan Almighty
must have caught it in a good mood because I actually liked it

Walk Hard
must have caught it in a bad mood because there were times when I felt like "why am I watching this ?" I must have missed some of the secret meanings in the songs

Evan Almighty
must have caught it in a good mood because I actually liked it

Walk Hard
must have caught it in a bad mood because there were times when I felt like "why am I watching this ?" I must have missed some of the secret meanings in the songs

I just ripped Evan Almighty, but I know exactly what you mean regarding mood and comedy. I've definitely sat through comedies stone faced only to watch them again and find them hilarious. One of my favourite movies is a classic example. The first time I watched the Big Lebowski I thought, meh, it was okay, but definitely a lesser Coen Brothers film. Needless to say that opinion changed upon the second viewing. Woody Allen's movies have been at times like that for me.

I haven't had a chance to see Walk Hard, but from what I understand about it style-wise, I could see how it could be one of those flicks that if you didn't enjoy it the first time it could get better with subsequent viewings. Then again it might just suck :))

If you approach Walk Hard as a musical with some black humor and absurdity, then you'll come away enjoying it - the music is by far it's greatest asset (Reily is a very talented singer for this sort of niche). If you approach it like a Ferrell movie, you'll be very disappointed. It lampoons musicals and biopics of musicians, not a straight out popcorn comedy.

Office space was like that for me... i turned it off 25 minutes in the first time.

Needs to be said V for Vendetta does not get old... EVER.

just got done watching Talk To Me on cinemax. it was fantastic. i didn't get up one time while watching it. very nicely paced, great acting and a great story. based on a true story too.

Talk_to_me_poster.jpg

Mr. Brooks

9/10 - :thumb:

Psychological thriller starring Kevin Costner, William Hurt as his alter-ego, Demi Moore and Dane Cook. I did not get up for the whole 2 plus hours, it was that good.

Just watched Indy Jones 4. Coming into it I knew what to expect. Over the top action scences, but a entertaining story. My Indy movies was Temple of Doom, and my sons is Now Crystal Skull. I just hope when he has a son, they can bring Harrison Ford back out of retirement and make Indy 5!!! I loved it, my son loved it (hes 7), and my wife enjoyed it. I give it 4.5 out of 5.

Watched this movie called The Girl Next Door and felt sick to my stomach for the rest of the night. Don't put this one on your list.. Won't even go into details about it.

The Marine with john cena. one of those "why did they make this?" movies. acting was terrible, story was terrible, even the action wasn't that great.

Needs to be said V for Vendetta does not get old... EVER.

for some reason I avoided this movie for years, only to give it one of those "ah, what the hell ...." cues a few months back . no regret

although, I've yet to re-watch it, I wouldn't hesitate to sit through if it was on a t a friend's house or if I happen to catch in the guide (i'll note that I actually played it via OnDemand as kind of a random thing)

not many leads that I'll get all "hang a poster on my wall" over, and I'm not generally the type to side with the villain, but I've got V in my top 10 characters . the hero/villain directive worked well here (side note: I think the Ben Wade character in 3:10 to Yuma, did too)

the concept of rebellion and theatrical terrorism for a cause is a risky concept in todays world, and I may have some issue with it, but there are plenty of movies, in nearly all genres, with questionable messages so you can't really cast off what is an excellent film solely based on it's message

I'm going to have to watch it again soon, and thanks for bringing it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back