Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kung Fu Panda: Fun, with a few good laughs. Sadly, I didn't recognise any of the voices. About what you would expect from an animated film... 7/10

It's the only subject that I'm even vaguely familiar with here during offseason ;)

Also, my g/f likes movies (especially martial arts films), so I'm seeing more than I usually do.

Saw Han****. I really enjoyed it, but I also liked I, Robot. and Independence day, and most of the Will Smith Movies. If you enjoy entertainment and not a lot of thinking, this is a good movie. Decent story, some funny parts, and a good twist. 8.5 out of 10.

Han****: I'm not a Will Smith fan, but this was a good one. Jason Bateman was the highlight as his PR man, and Charlize Theron is always a joy to watch. Special effects were good, an original plot, and some pretty funny moments ("Everyone loves a Nutty Buddy...But these are children...") add up for a good summer flick. 8/10

Han****: I'm not a Will Smith fan, but this was a good one. Jason Bateman was the highlight as his PR man, and Charlize Theron is always a joy to watch. Special effects were good, an original plot, and some pretty funny moments ("Everyone loves a Nutty Buddy...But these are children...") add up for a good summer flick. 8/10

I'm not a Will Smith fan either, but this movie looks fun..

Han****- funny movie, I had several moments where I was really laughing out loud. (Kitchen scene with two giant pots- "I can do this all day.") They did a good job with it. Will Smith is a very talented, very expressive actor, and you really get it all from him in this movie. Anger, hurt, and just plain silly. Glad I saw it.

i'd give han**** a 5/10.

it took a predictably bad turn and never recovered. i would have enjoyed it a lot more if he stayed an angry alcoholic who swore at little kids the entire movie.

Wall*E
A good flick, great animation by Pixar's standards. However, the story has a dark and tragic tone to it, and much of it's message wasn't lost on me.... After all, I live on an island with a very finite amount of habitable land with a large population of extremely obese people who live in Paradise but still see their weekly trip to Costco as being the highlight of their existence. Not only that, but this island is in the middle of the Pacific gyre... a.k.a. the Great Pacific Garbage Patch :hmm:

Some corniness, but 8/10

rented three movies over the weekend.

rescue dawn: a little slow, but the characters were engaging and it wasn't too long. helped that it was based of true events. 7/10

vantage point: boring. they tried to show too many peoples' stories and it just didn't work. it felt like watching the first 10 minutes of the movie 6 times. 4/10

a scanner darkly: a complete waste of an hour and forty minutes. i'm pretty sure NOTHING happened in this movie. 1/10

i'd give han**** a 5/10.

it took a predictably bad turn and never recovered. i would have enjoyed it a lot more if he stayed an angry alcoholic who swore at little kids the entire movie.

Really? Predictable turn? I sure didn't see it coming. Also, the movie was really winding down when the twist happened, I thought it was the only way for it to keep going and have enough material. They kind of jammed together the last 20-30 minutes, but I thought it was better than not having the extra plot element.

Wall-E was pretty good, as with most disney/pixar movies. Loved the Bush references in it, and the way they tried to give us a reflection of what we've become and are heading toward.
Good movie though. 8/10 for a family flick.

Han**** was awful.

I look forward to seeing Wanted.

rescue dawn: a little slow, but the characters were engaging and it wasn't too long. helped that it was based of true events. 7/10

I liked this movie a lot more then I thought I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back