Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ich bein unbeeindruckt

maxresdefault.jpg

Just watched the Forsaken. I am a homer for western films, and the father son combo with Donald and Kiefer Sutherland adds a bit of a bonus. Grade it at an 8.5. Brought me back to my roots I would say.

How to fix the 2016 Ghostbusters.

End of film. Camera pans upward. Higher. Higher. Higher, still. We're in deep space, now.

Finally, we pass through the bright red wall of the containment unit and are in the firehouse as it was in the original Ghostbusters films.

Peter is standing by the containment unit as Ray loads a fresh catch into the machine. They're older, they've been at this for decades.

"You know, I never asked..." Peter starts, "What's it like in there for them?"

Ray looks confused. He didn't think it mattered, and still doesn't.

"Gosh. I don't know, Venkman. Beings of pure, displaced spiritual energy, cooped up with thousands of their own kind... I suppose, theoretically, they could invent any sort of pocket reality they wanted."

"Hey." Peter taps on the unit. "You crazy kids make good decisions in there. Otherwise, no more sleep-overs."

As Ray finishes up, Winston pops in and urges them to come into the next room.

"C'mon. If we hurry, we can catch the end of Egon's acceptance speech."

Ray and Winston exit. Peter follows.

"Well okay, but where's my Nobel Prize? This whole thing was my idea!"

The original was gimmicky but clever in how it was done. Seriously, read up on the production. Very clever.

The part that will always stick with me is all the tent scenes. Those were the EXACT same tents we used in Boy Scouts. Voices outside, people shaking it... experienced all that on camping trips!

I Am Not a Serial Killer. Very cool little horror-ish thriller shot on glorious 16mm. I don't wanna say too much because of spoilers but Christopher Lloyd is great in this and the main kid plays his role to perfection. Definitely recommended.

The original was gimmicky but clever in how it was done. Seriously, read up on the production. Very clever.

The part that will always stick with me is all the tent scenes. Those were the EXACT same tents we used in Boy Scouts. Voices outside, people shaking it... experienced all that on camping trips!

I watched the original when I was 15 with 3 friends on a small PC monitor in the corner of the house, alone and dark.

Scared the crap out of us.

I watched the original when I was 15 with 3 friends on a small PC monitor in the corner of the house, alone and dark.

Scared the crap out of us.
2 friends and I saw it... then after we would drive to our new apartment for the first night - just sleeping bags.

I got there first... they walked into a dark room with the outside light shining in onto my back. I was standing against the corner, just like Mike. Was pretty great.

I watched it when I was probably
Like ten or so I ain't sure but it sure has me scared as fuck for a few nights. Only movie to ever really have me freaking out at night. Did not move at all the while fest
Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back