Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Accountant

way better than it had any right to be. Reeves might have been better than Affleck but whatevers. Me and my wife both LOL'd a lot cause they nailed the behavior. At this point I kinda sorta wish I had dedicated my life to teaching my son dozens of martial arts.... lol

they totally completed the story while at the same time totally setting up a sequel

I will watch again from redbox or something

Dr Strange. Good, not great.
Effects are off the wall though.

The effects-heaviness of it actually has me flatly uninterested; that and the 'skeptical white n00b becomes master of foreign culture surpassing all it's lifelong practitioners' trope really irks me. However, the wife wants to see it because Benedict Cumberbatch is her fap material so maybe I'll benefit.

Captain Fantastic was an enjoyable flick. Viggo Mortensen is great in it- as are the kids. Casting is very well done all around.

Mr. Church is hokey, but ultimately a feel-good film. Eddie Murphy turns in the dramatic performance we all assumed he's capable of- even though the script didn't give him that many routes. I liked it, but you do have to ignore some cheese.

Dr Strange. Good, not great. seems to be overhyped a bit.

A tier below the better Marvel movies.

Effects are off the wall though.

I felt like the first 30 min were pretty rushed but after that it settled in and was a really good movie. The problem is Strange is an origin movie and in phase 3, we've seen so many origin movies now. I'm not going to punish the storyline since most origins are pretty cookie cutter. Visuals were great, cast did a good job, fight sequences were crazy, writing was fine, and I was sold on BC being Strange. Which was my main concern.

Main problem was their damn shaky cam action scenes. Felt like I missed a whole lot of the movie because of it.

Baddies were, again, run-of-the-mill, especially Dormammu.

First end-of-credits scene has me excited for Thor 3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back