Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One for @Fry

rita1.jpg
Power Rangers always makes me think of this:

it has been years since I purchased a DVD

I had forgotten about Criterion Collection. Pure awesomeness !

I just can't do digital purchases yet. Same with books, rather have the hard copy. I know Blu-Rays eventually won't matter but I love Criterion and I love having this hobby of collecting great films.

I just can't do digital purchases yet. Same with books, rather have the hard copy. I know Blu-Rays eventually won't matter but I love Criterion and I love having this hobby of collecting great films.

I have a huge book shelf stuffed to it's maximum with movies. I'd like to see my collection if I actually didn't care what the movie was.

"Arrival": good "what if?..." scenario where a story is still Hollywoodized enough to have a military which acts like deaf and narrow-minded retards but gives more attention to the question of communicating with ETs rather than handjobbing rednecks with a paranoid gun fetish- whom we now know are 48% of our population. Extra points for casting Amy Adams (trust me on this, kiddies: when you get older, the spectrum of hot chicks becomes broader and you will welcome that). A bit cerebral in it's central theme of how time is perceived. 8/10 for anyone who isn't a flag-humping nationalist baboon because they're gonna hate not being the hero of the story instead of a college linguistics professor.

way better than I expected, worth renting
images

Nah.

I respect myself too much to watch a Zac Efron movie.

Still pissed I wasted my time and money on Neighbors. That was the final straw for me when it comes to Efron. He and Rogen owe me for that one.

I like the Adam dude from Workaholics, but he's always going to play the same type of character... and I much prefer to watch him on Workaholics than anything else.

Has Efron ever been in a good movie? Just curious.

I used to like Aubrey Plaza, but I feel like she's just another sellout now taking on roles like this and in that other garbage Efron movie Bad Grandpa (no I didn't see it, I'm smarter than that).

Nah.

Still pissed I wasted my time and money on Neighbors. That was the final straw for me when it comes to Efron. He and Rogen owe me for that one.

I like the Adam dude from Workaholics, but he's always going to play the same type of character... and I much prefer to watch him on Workaholics than anything else.

I used to like Aubrey Plaza, but I feel like she's just another sellout now taking on roles like this and in that other garbage Efron movie Bad Grandpa (no I didn't see it, I'm smarter than that).
Adam plays the exact opposite character when on Modern Family.

"Arrival": good "what if?..." scenario where a story is still Hollywoodized enough to have a military which acts like deaf and narrow-minded retards but gives more attention to the question of communicating with ETs rather than handjobbing rednecks with a paranoid gun fetish- whom we now know are 48% of our population. Extra points for casting Amy Adams (trust me on this, kiddies: when you get older, the spectrum of hot chicks becomes broader and you will welcome that). A bit cerebral in it's central theme of how time is perceived. 8/10 for anyone who isn't a flag-humping nationalist baboon because they're gonna hate not being the hero of the story instead of a college linguistics professor.

So much salt.

The movie was supposed to be thought-provoking but was really just straight forward. It was a solid movie and technically sound but that's it. Just like the director's last work, Sicario, it was a well-crafted film but was very hollow when it came to the narrative side.

I did think it was a bit lazy to just brush over the fact that learning the alien language somehow made time non-linear. Memories of the daughter were presented as having existed before meeting Abbott and Costello, so now the non-linear concept is even more confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt this just a remake of the 1996 Charlie Sheen classic?

Nah.

You hating like crazy right now.

Anyone that didn't like Neighbors doesn't get to talk about funny movies.

He was perfect in that.

Mike and Dave was good for stupid humor too. He was better in that.

Efron sucks in dramas and isn't a great actor- but much like Channing Tatum, he's a lot better in comedy.

Just saw the Spider-Man Homecoming trailer... looks good. Won't be seeing it when it comes out, though.

To be fair, I will only be seeing 3-4 movies in the theater: Guardians, Thor, SW 8... not entirely sure if I'll throw in a 4th.

IF they were to remake Back to the Future - though they shouldn't - what kind of car should the Time Machine be? DeLorean is not an option.

Of course, it'd depend on which manufacturer is backing it.

Watched Suicide Squad last night. Hated Leto's Joker. I mean, Jesus Christ. Just missed the mark on literally everything aside from the hair being green. That said, I didn't hate the movie. It was decent fun despite some issues. Not sure it's something I'd ever watch again though.

So much salt.

The movie was supposed to be thought-provoking but was really just straight forward. It was a solid movie and technically sound but that's it. Just like the director's last work, Sicario, it was a well-crafted film but was very hollow when it came to the narrative side.

I agree, Sicario was so driven on one narrative that the story was boring by the end of the movie.

IF they were to remake Back to the Future - though they shouldn't - what kind of car should the Time Machine be? DeLorean is not an option.

Of course, it'd depend on which manufacturer is backing it.

I still doesn't need to be a modern car. Maybe 1989 Mustang GT Foxbody...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back