Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan is better A lot better. However, Kong is not bad at all. Logan is just epic.
Go see Logan. Seriously it's one of the better movies you will see. It doesn't feel much like a CBM either.
Thanks guys. That's the way I was leaning anyway. Only reason I had SI in the running is I am a big fan of the Kong/Godzilla type movies and thought it'd be a good one to see on the big screen. I have yet to hear one bad thing about Logan though.

I watched Rogue One. It's a mostly forgettable movie, but the Vader ending was pretty awesome.
Yes, it was nice to have Vader actually be terrifying again after having Lucas neuter him in the prequels. As for the rest, it was less of a Star Wars movie than it was a WWII mission film. Very little of the usual futuristic Star Wars tech in comparison to the others; very analog in approach. Satisfyingly tragic in it's resolution, and re-writes the idea that Alderaan was a test.

Re: Kong: looks like nothing more than a Michael Bay CGI tropefest. No thanks.

Yes, it was nice to have Vader actually be terrifying again after having Lucas neuter him in the prequels. As for the rest, it was less of a Star Wars movie than it was a WWII mission film. Very little of the usual futuristic Star Wars tech in comparison to the others; very analog in approach. Satisfyingly tragic in it's resolution, and re-writes the idea that Alderaan was a test.

Re: Kong: looks like nothing more than a Michael Bay CGI tropefest. No thanks.
It did show how things aren't black and white with the rebellion... I liked how he killed that informant. Then was told to assassinate the scientist.

Reality. Excuse me... "reality".

Passengers

I was told this was a love story and not an action sci-fi movie. I was told wrong.

I enjoyed the movie a lot. Music was excellent as well. Very Tangerine Dream like.

I really didn't like this, and pretty much rented it because of your post and my love of sci-fi.

I loathed the Chris Fat was a creepy stalker love story with creamface or whats her name. I did not buy the excuse with his only 1 year of isolation, even with the threat of dying alone looming. I didn't like the story at all, or the overall plot and backstory.

The special effects and space and spaceship scenes were A+++ though. I enjoyed a lot of that.

It was a 2/5 for me. Only see for most scifi portions. I realize you probably agree with that, it just that scifi parts weren't enough to override the horrible terrible story for me.

This was like a Elysium, Interstellar, or Gravity to me. Not good movie, but see for space stuff.

I agree I think I could make it a few years... especially with a drinking buddy

using the door to block 'nuclear reactor overload exhaust' as a hand weapon was way past my ability to suspend disbelief - but its a story not a documentary. I hated that part but it was just one part

Last edited by a moderator:
Edge of Tomorrow. I'm pretty down on Tom Cruise right now but this actually turned out to be a good movie. There were quite few laughs, but liked it most for its original story.

I really didn't like this, and pretty much rented it because of your post and my love of sci-fi.

I loathed the Chris Fat was a creepy stalker love story with creamface or whats her name. I did not buy the excuse with his only 1 year of isolation, even with the threat of dying alone looming. I didn't like the story at all, or the overall plot and backstory.

The special effects and space and spaceship scenes were A+++ though. I enjoyed a lot of that.

It was a 2/5 for me. Only see for most scifi portions. I realize you probably agree with that, it just that scifi parts weren't enough to override the horrible terrible story for me.

This was like a Elysium, Interstellar, or Gravity to me. Not good movie, but see for space stuff.

I liked Interstellar so much I bought the book The Science of Interstellar. You honestly have to let go of everything you know about how we perceive our existence to attempt understanding 10 dimension of space and time.

Back on topic. I had a choice between Passengers and Hell and Over High Water, I took the latter. I'm burned out on anything Jennifer Lawrence right now.

I liked Interstellar so much I bought the book The Science of Interstellar. You honestly have to let go of everything you know about how we perceive our existence to attempt understanding 10 dimension of space and time.

Back on topic. I had a choice between Passengers and Hell and Over High Water, I took the latter. I'm burned out on anything Jennifer Lawrence right now.

Pretty real sure that going into a black hole doesn't mean you can time travel backwards to give your daughter a message through the inside of your house wall.

It's just my theory at this point, but I intend to prove it.

Interstellar story was boring. The effects and some of the scifi were good to great in parts.

Pretty real sure that going into a black hole doesn't mean you can time travel backwards to give your daughter a message through the inside of your house wall.

It's just my theory at this point, but I intend to prove it.

Interstellar story was boring. The effects and some of the scifi were good to great in parts.
You kinda missed the point, sadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back