Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why they have spoiler tags.
I havent seen it yet, but I expect it to be like some sort of space opera that's backed by Disney. There will probably be some sort of cute animals for the kids.
Like Ewoks? And then TWO more movies for Ewoks?

Yeah... Disney's not doing much more than has already been done by Lucas, frankly.

Like Ewoks? And then TWO more movies for Ewoks?

Yeah... Disney's not doing much more than has already been done by Lucas, frankly.
the movie was crap,IMO.

But NOTHING to do with the kiddie elements, which they already showed the cute chicken hamster things in the trailers.

It's just that the story sucked balls.

It was better than the first two prequels, but that is a low bar. I'd put it under episode 3 though.

Dunkirk: It wasn't what I was expecting from an action standpoint but it definitely had the Christopher Nolan Batman/Inception feel to it. The movie was kind of hard to follow at first as they jumped to different places and times sporadically and seemed disjointed at times. If the intention of the movie was to make you feel trapped on that beach with them then it worked. Overall, I liked the movie, but sadly, not enough to warrant watching it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...some dire words coming from the forum re: TLJ.
TFA didn't suck, but it didn't feel like much more than fan service either. My wife thinks I'm a huge SW nerd, but I'm not 13 any more and there's nothing groundbreaking about the SW universe any more either. Rogue One was good because it was a legit war movie that played down all the tech, especially when we're seeing a PDF file in BASIC in a giant metal box...awesome in 1977, but anachronistic in 2016. Now I'm gonna have to learn how to fake enthusiasm even more, or finally tell her to please stop buying me all that SW swag.

Just got back from The Last Jedi. A better movie than The Force Awakens as we see Kylo Ren's and Luke after Jedi's story get more depth. I'm not a huge fan of trying to inject comedy into movies like this, as we are used to it coming naturally in the original trilogies but at least it was light and only for moments. I do have a lot of questions after watching it and the curiosity it left me with after it was over means I will definitely watch it again when the blu ray is released.

If this movie had a place of greatness among all of them I would place it with Empire, Jedi, and Revenge of the Sith. It's better than New Hope, Phantom Menace, The Force Awakens and Attack of The Clones.

Last Jedi

Everything that happens in that film is all Poe's fault, and those were the most inefficient bombers ever. And I know SW space physics is bs, but how do the bombs fall?

Last Jedi

Everything that happens in that film is all Poe's fault, and those were the most inefficient bombers ever. And I know SW space physics is bs, but how do the bombs fall?
Only thing I can figure is the gravity inside the bomber allows them to "fall" that direction through a protective barrier - like in the hangars - then once it leaves the ship, it's motion continues unhindered due to lack of gravity.

Only thing I can figure is the gravity inside the bomber allows them to "fall" that direction through a protective barrier - like in the hangars - then once it leaves the ship, it's motion continues unhindered due to lack of gravity.

That's exactly it. There's gravity in the ship.

The biggest problem I had with TLJ was how it ignored a lot of what TFA tried to set up.
The 2 l can think of are who is Snoke and who are Rey's parents...
but l had a moment while watching TLJ. Who cares? It's not about either, frankly. It was the two years of fans making theories that made it a bigger deal than it was. But it turns out it's not about Snoke, Kylo's journey - I mean, we knew nothing about The Emperor, barely his name. It's about Rey's, a nobody, journey... not her parents.

That's the realization l had during... but l get others' misgivings.

The 2 l can think of are who is Snoke and who are Rey's parents...
but l had a moment while watching TLJ. Who cares? It's not about either, frankly. It was the two years of fans making theories that made it a bigger deal than it was. But it turns out it's not about Snoke, Kylo's journey - I mean, we knew nothing about The Emperor, barely his name. It's about Rey's, a nobody, journey... not her parents.

That's the realization l had during... but l get others' misgivings.

There's a lot of gaps in how Snoke came to be, how the first order came to be and why after not very long they are in the same position they were with the empire.

I am glad they didn't make Rey a Skywalker.

Also she's a Mary Sue

There's a lot of gaps in how Snoke came to be, how the first order came to be and why after not very long they are in the same position they were with the empire.

I am glad they didn't make Rey a Skywalker.

Also she's a Mary Sue
The Empire pretty much rallied after Jedi, just like they did after New Hope. There really isn't much of a story to that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back