Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working my way through The Hobbit Trilogy. Just realized I never watched it, for obvious reasons - 3 movies made from one, relatively, short book.

From that standpoint... frustrating filler.

As for just movies... they're good. Well done. Ok, finished the first one only, so far.

It's pretty good... if l ignore my frustrations.
I saw the first one. I, maybe(?), saw the second one. Honestly can't even remember. I was so unimpressed I never bothered to finish the trilogy though.

Saw the first one and was disappointed as new material not in the book showed up and it had an open end for a sequel. That was enough for me, I quit on the Hobbit and won't bother with any of it.

The thing is, I liked LOTR. The first one was kind of boring, but the next 2 were both good.

The Hobbit series feels so wanting having seen the Rings movies so many times prior.. They are coming out with a Tolkien series in the coming year or so - and of course there is that Netflix Bright film that everyone is on about.

The Hobbit series feels so wanting having seen the Rings movies so many times prior.. They are coming out with a Tolkien series in the coming year or so - and of course there is that Netflix Bright film that everyone is on about.

Yeah Netflix are doing Lord of the Rings.

I honestly don't see the point of it. The movies are pretty much perfect and left a lot of the filler stuff out you don't really need.

I grew up Tolkien, and the LOTR series was just awesome for me at their time. One of the very few movies I own. But then I heard about the issues between Jackson and the studio, and that The Hobbit was three parts, and I saw a couple of clips from it, and I said "no thanks" and never watched it. Do not care to.

I grew up Tolkien, and the LOTR series was just awesome for me at their time. One of the very few movies I own. But then I heard about the issues between Jackson and the studio, and that The Hobbit was three parts, and I saw a couple of clips from it, and I said "no thanks" and never watched it. Do not care to.

It's not that bad.

There's a cut on youtube that cuts out all the filler stuff not in the books.

The Hobbit Trilogy... good, BUUUUUUT...

Should've been 2 movies. Too many unnecessary subplots. Too much fanservice. Goblin sequence, gone or trimmed a lot. Beorn, gone and just fanservice - the equivalent of putting Tom Bombadil in Fellowship. Evangeline Lily's subplot, unnecessary. The inner workings of Rivertown, trimmed.

Granted, loved Lily's elf better than Tyler's but Tyler's was, at least, true - albeit heavy. Long story, so they could afford the extra time. Was Lily's story in the book? Even Appendix?

Scenes with Gollum were great. Smaug was EXCELLENT.

1 movie would've been rushed... but 2 would've worked fine. Curious who pushed that? Jackson? The Studio? Both..?

Well done, well acted... too much, though.

I know that' Honest Trailers, but holy sheet that looks painfully awful. I know that Oeter Jackson didn't want this job, and it sure looks like it.

All the Hobbit movies were a snoozefest. Pretty much the Star Wars prequels for LOTR where they replaced all the amazing prosthetic effects with CGI.

Hobbit's problem that it was three long installments with one film's worth of material. Battle of The 5 Armies should have been "Battle of 5 Minutes" tacked on to the end of the second film.

Detroit - Which was about the Algiers Motel incident.

One of the more underrated movies of 2017, it was good but fell short of being great. The riot sequence at the beginning could have been done better and the final chapter kind of dragged on for too long, I think the movie as a whole would have been more effective if they didn't have the whole trial scene, I think a good epilogue instead letting us know what happened to the police involved would have been more effective. With that being said, the reason the movie was still good was because the actual Algiers Motel sequence was one of the most intense things I've seen in a movie. My other gripe with the movie was a lot of the best actors were almost criminally underused.

The Foreigner. The new Jackie Chan movie. It was pretty solid yet still kinda disappointing.

Jackie Chan fell off and should just retire already.

Also, not looking forward to the next Rush Hour 4 movie, dunno how true the rumors were few months ago of them potenially making another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back