Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Empire pretty much rallied after Jedi, just like they did after New Hope. There really isn't much of a story to that part.
Plus the galactic congress, or whatever, is still going to be a lumbering behemoth and won't effectively be able to just take over. Imagine our congress times a thousand. Plenty of time for a centralized organization to regroup - The Empire.

Rebels just do what they've always done...

Rey being a Mary Sue doesn't bother me because... she's simply a good character, in my opinion.

My uncle may have been right way back during Heir to the Empire... "the Empire had it right". He meant in how the galaxy was under a simplified government... not necessarily HOW they went with it.

Add in that the Empire is not short on idealistic people ready to take over.
Plus the galactic congress, or whatever, is still going to be a lumbering behemoth and won't effectively be able to just take over. Imagine our congress times a thousand. Plenty of time for a centralized organization to regroup - The Empire.

Rebels just do what they've always done...

Rey being a Mary Sue doesn't bother me because... she's simply a good character, in my opinion.

My uncle may have been right way back during Heir to the Empire... "the Empire had it right". He meant in how the galaxy was under a simplified government... not necessarily HOW they went with it.

But in all seriousness...

I like that Kylo is the supreme leader... snoke was sort of a red herring

Snoke can't be dead, that just seemed to easy and out of place. It was definetly a WTF moment for me. I'm pretty sure he was force projecting himself from somewhere else just like Luke did, but I can't explain Snokes physical body when Kylo cut him in half. I think for me, Kylos intense rage is what makes him great. He's like Vader except with an uncontrolled rage.

Just saw a FB poster for a johnny bravo movie coming out. The rock is supposed to be johnny.

A) will Hollywood not be content until the rock is in every movie?
B) based on the recent downfall of Hollywood, does a johnny Bravo movie seem like a good idea? I mean, he was the king of kids show womanizing and harassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw a FB poster for a johnny bravo movie coming out. The rock is supposed to be johnny.

A) will Hollywood not be content until the rock is in every movie?
B) based on the resent downfall of Hollywood, does a johnny Bravo movie seem like a good idea? I mean, he was the king of kids show womanizing and harassing.
I don't understand why a movie now...

But, to be fair... having the Rock in it is a good idea. He is a draw and extremely charismatic.

I don't understand why a movie now...

But, to be fair... having the Rock in it is a good idea. He is a draw and extremely charismatic.
i didn't mind the rock a few years ago. Just too much of him now. He's in everything. Some are bad movies from conception too so it's clearly quantity over quality.

Mary Sue

Ftr, not buying the Mary Sue bit. The idea seems to be that the Force has it's own will and chooses who to work through. Some kid with zero training Force-grabs a broom with no effort at all. Attachments are a big issue, it seems, and Rey has none once she let go of her parents...much like when Luke became detached from Owen and Beru.

Mary Sue

Ftr, not buying the Mary Sue bit. The idea seems to be that the Force has it's own will and chooses who to work through. Some kid with zero training Force-grabs a broom with no effort at all. Attachments are a big issue, it seems, and Rey has none once she let go of her parents...much like when Luke became detached from Owen and Beru.

She beat a bunch of trained guards who even Ren - who had years of training - struggled with.

She beat a bunch of trained guards who even Ren - who had years of training - struggled with.
You're acting like she has no fighting skills... she is actually quite adept with her staff. Quite good. Convert to lightsaber, she can handle it. It's helpful that the force can help physically, also.

Guess it's simply a point of view.

You're acting like she has no fighting skills... she is actually quite adept with her staff. Quite good. Convert to lightsaber, she can handle it. It's helpful that the force can help physically, also.

Guess it's simply a point of view.

That's utter nonsense.

A staff and a sword are two entirely different techniques. Fighting a bunch of grunts in the ass end of no where is entirely different to fighting trained guard who gave the now biggest threat to the galaxy troubles.

It's like being good at street basketball and then thinking you can go up against LeBron James.

That's utter nonsense.

A staff and a sword are two entirely different techniques. Fighting a bunch of grunts in the ass end of no where is entirely different to fighting trained guard who gave the now biggest threat to the galaxy troubles.

It's like being good at street basketball and then thinking you can go up against LeBron James.
so... you know how good she is, huh? How many years she's been fighting with her staff? How did you get all this insight?? Oh yeah... making it up so your opinion is "right". I KNOW people adept with one hand weapon that picked up a different weapon and handled it quite well utilizing similar techniques. Not farfetched at all. Unleash you want it to suit your argument.

so... you know how good she is, huh? How many years she's been fighting with her staff? How did you get all this insight?? Oh yeah... making it up so your opinion is "right". I KNOW people adept with one hand weapon that picked up a different weapon and handled it quite well utilizing similar techniques. Not farfetched at all. Unleash you want it to suit your argument.

Who trained her? She lived on her own. How indepth could fighting on Jakku be? How does that even make sense she is better than someone who spent years training.

Although TFA didn't show it, her scavenging career on Jakuu was pretty competitive and she did have to toughen up to survive.

Street basketballer vs NBA basketballer.

It's a world of difference. I know how to punch someone, doesn't mean I could beat Mike Tyson.

Working my way through The Hobbit Trilogy. Just realized I never watched it, for obvious reasons - 3 movies made from one, relatively, short book.

From that standpoint... frustrating filler.

As for just movies... they're good. Well done. Ok, finished the first one only, so far.

It's pretty good... if l ignore my frustrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back