Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cloverfield Paradox sucked.

Just watch Alien or The Thing and you'll be much happier.
I’ve got 30min left of it.

I’ve enjoyed it, it reminds me of a less entertaining Event Horizon. My least favorite of the 3 Cloverfield films. It’s a bit of a let down for sure, but still worth a watch imo.

I was all like "wtf is going on?...maybe it'll be explained in a few minutes..." It seems to have created.different timelines for all three movies, which is kinda lame.

I was all like "wtf is going on?...maybe it'll be explained in a few minutes..." It seems to have created.different timelines for all three movies, which is kinda lame.
Only halfway through and my immediate theory is the 3 movies are different earths, not necessarily timelines. The experiment opened up these earths, combining them... a little from each.
Ill finish later and see how far off I am.

I think it’s the same earth, and order of the timeline goes 3, 1, then 2.

But it could be different earths, I enjoy the fact that the films aren’t connected to each other. Gives them a solid universe.

I think it’s the same earth, and order of the timeline goes 3, 1, then 2.

But it could be different earths, I enjoy the fact that the films aren’t connected to each other. Gives them a solid universe.
It could be rewriting the history, but... I saw no references to the shortages experienced in this third movie in the first one. All the viral advertising with Facebook profiles and video news clips... I don't recall anything about this..

It could be rewriting the history, but... I saw no references to the shortages experienced in this third movie in the first one. All the viral advertising with Facebook profiles and video news clips... I don't recall anything about this..
I got the impression it was happening roughly the same time. I don’t know if you finished it yet, but that’s what I got from the ending.

I’ve got 30min left of it.

I’ve enjoyed it, it reminds me of a less entertaining Event Horizon. My least favorite of the 3 Cloverfield films. It’s a bit of a let down for sure, but still worth a watch imo.
I thought it was lazy as fuck.

When the reasoning behind the things happening is, "we combined dimensions and anything can happen," I mean, come the fuck on.

It felt like they got blazed while watching Alien and Event Horizon and just kind of made it up as they went.

The subplot of the husband was totally unnecessary other than to shoehorn in a brief monster appearance.

Cloverfield Paradox

If this had been released in theaters instead of Netflix... oh lord.

It wasn't so... it was fine.

so i guess the first movie and this one were on the same earth, as we see at the end. Doesn't tie in the 2nd movie much at all, as far as I can tell. I... I just don't know...

But it was fine. Need to go find people online who will do thorough research into it and learn what I missed.

My thoughts until yesterday was that there was no reason to think that 1 and 2 weren't happening on the same night in two different states. Now, #3 has referenced #1 but in a way that changes it enough for it to have never existed in the first place.

I am annoyed that the module landing is now happening AFTER Clovie destroyed NYC, and that Clovie is now grown up and is no longer a scared baby flipping out.

Second one could've been a really fantastic film if they hadn't forced it into the Cloverfield universe and would've tightened up the script a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back